What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The so-called "Development" that didn't save us

Nice of them to spring this on everyone AFTER nominations have closed.

Secondly, why not take it to an election and seek a mandate for the move?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Makes no difference King

In another thread one of the aspirants seems dirty that the board have stolen "their" idea.

No better choices running IMO.

Criswell

Juniors
the greenies have squat to complain about in that respect

its being built on the existing car park

if anything, they would be cleaning up the muck off the car park and putting in a walk way - i hope greenies are not opposed to footpaths

From memory, I thought the plan included waterfront apartments and a marina. Thats the sticking point.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
There is no marina in the proposal.
correct. the plan is to extend the eco friendly walkway that already exists behind the other playing fields, Toyota and a myriad of factories/ware houses that have sprung up over the past ten years with apparently no objection from council. Mention sharkies though and there is mass hysteria for some reason.

SirShire

First Grade
I must say, there is little wonder Woolooware Shores is at 30% occupancy. I had training at Solander last night and the bugs and mosquitos are terrible. Near the mangroves is to be expected, but they are just as bad on Capt Cook Rd.

I can't help but think that the proximity to mangroves will hamper it as a residential development.

Surely

Post Whore
I can't help but think that the proximity to mangroves will hamper it as a residential development.

That is why the mangroves need to be farked off and a nice spanking big marina built in there place, the fish can go breed somewhere else.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Where is the guarantee that the Sharks will go back to the Shire?? The plan is to commit 5 games to the CC for 5 YEARS!!!!!!!

That is no a short term solution, that is a see how we go and if they like us we will relocate.

What happens if the development takes 10 years to approve???

What happens if the Central Coast get average crowds of 15-20k and the Shire gets 10k??

IF they were fair dinkum about generating cash, why not take these games to different venues?? Why "commit" to a particular area?? Why 5 years??

I honestly think it's the end.

Spot on. I fail to see the Sharks ever coming back to 12 home games in the shire after five years and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. For this reason I am totally against the plan.
Those believing that this was the only choice aren't thinking hard enough... just like our board. What's wrong with selling the games back to rivals, play our home game against Brisbane, in Brisbane. Keep it up for Townsville, Gold Coast, NZ, Mlb... there's ya 5 games a year and it doesn't commit you to any potential relocation, nor does put ammunition in the hands of those that want you gone.

Also I am sick of the talk about how bad crowds were last year even though we came equal first. What do you think is going to happen when every week the telegraph prints an article about how we are the most boring team to watch opposite an article talking about how there are no crowds and no atmosphere at Shark Park. Then you go open the herald to see Gus talking about us and wrestle mania opposite an article telling everyone how exciting other teams are. If someone tells you something often enough, people believe it.

At the moment we are being told we are boring, broke and ill disciplined and the club isn't doing anything to change peoples opinions.

As for people staying after the game... Honestly all I can say is why would you. They don't want people to stay. What do they have going on in the summertime/Malibu bar? Nothing, remember when that used to be packed. The main bar/Steve Rogers bar would also be packed and trade that way no earlier than 3am. This past Saturday, not only did the band stop playing to a full dance floor, they put on some temporary music which was completely different to the music being enjoyed by the guests there at the time. When the band finally came back the place had cleared out. Later on, I saw many reasonable patrons refused service only to find that shortly after a one drink per patron policy was enforced. Worse still... the bar was closed around 12:30.

I tell you, they don't want drinkers in that club and what kind of people do you think want to have a good time after a match?

The board and they are all useless sponges, sucked the place dry and are too lazy to fix that which has fattened them up over the last 10 years.

SirShire

First Grade
I've heard from over a dozen people who were at the club that bar service ceased at 11.30PM.

They questioned security as to why this was the case and were given the usual run around.

I dont hang around much after games anymore, I'm too old to have to queue for half an hour to get to the front just to have some spotty faced little urchin push in front of me.