What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The so-called "Development" that didn't save us

Generalzod

Immortal
I wrote before in a previous topic, Would it be in our advantage for the Sharks to sell Toyota Park and lease it back...Most companies these days build new corporate centres and sell them and lease it back...

Jasdragon

Juniors
kind of agree there. would kill me but seriously imsick of defending the sharks to my friends and im sick of getting angry at people who ring radio shows to say how we are fickle fans and dont really have a base. they are right, either show up to the games or shut the f**k up.

Very true! :D

It's the thin end of the wedge! First it was one, we heard it might be three and already it's six.

Someone said we need a Benji - we had one and he was called Preston Campbell.

I think Sharks should get someone else in to do the development - someone who will pay now to get in on it.

spider

Coach
It's the thin end of the wedge! First it was one, we heard it might be three and already it's six.
lol - well you said it was 9 games only a page back

it has to be done for them to be around

whats a few years if it cements a longer lasting future

i agree on the development - and im sure they would realise what is needed for it to succeed

What's so funny? I didn't say it was 9, it could well be 9 next time. But it's more likely to jump to 12.

So we agree on the development, great...if you're so confident they know what it takes to succeed, * edit

Last edited by a moderator:

spider

Coach
What's so funny? I didn't say it was 9, it could well be 9 next time. But it's more likely to jump to 12.
you inferred it was 9 games - even reefy questioned your post

you dont seem to be sure, but still you offer no alternate solution other than bagging them for attempting to remain with their head above water

ill ask again - what do you suggest they could do?

So we agree on the development, great...if you're so confident they know what it takes to succeed,
care to point out where i said im confident they know what it takes to succeed?

fizman

Bench
Where is the guarantee that the Sharks will go back to the Shire?? The plan is to commit 5 games to the CC for 5 YEARS!!!!!!!

That is no a short term solution, that is a see how we go and if they like us we will relocate.

What happens if the development takes 10 years to approve???

What happens if the Central Coast get average crowds of 15-20k and the Shire gets 10k??

IF they were fair dinkum about generating cash, why not take these games to different venues?? Why "commit" to a particular area?? Why 5 years??

I honestly think it's the end.

spider

Coach
they get a guaranteed amount regardless of crowd size fiz

it would equate to a lot more than they would make at home

while playing away and moving into the black, the debt gets serviced rather than it increasing

then hopefully in a few years, all games return to woolooware

hopefully the development does come off, because if it doesnt - i cant see the sharks ever returning

as i see it, and reading the financial report - they are royally f**ked and fold if they remain at home next year for all games as the leagues club cant absorb more debt on the footy clubs behalf

so if it were two options - take 6 games away or fold altogether, I know which choice i would take

i agree spider.

however.

this flies in the face of my drunken ramblings of the other night. the club should put stuff on at the ground (in the summer or when we are playing away home games) to make money.

wonder if this will be on the agenda if we move 6 games away a year.

cheese

Bench
Where is the guarantee that the Sharks will go back to the Shire?? The plan is to commit 5 games to the CC for 5 YEARS!!!!!!!

That is no a short term solution, that is a see how we go and if they like us we will relocate.

What happens if the development takes 10 years to approve???

What happens if the Central Coast get average crowds of 15-20k and the Shire gets 10k??

IF they were fair dinkum about generating cash, why not take these games to different venues?? Why "commit" to a particular area?? Why 5 years??

I honestly think it's the end.

Bingo

All it does is aid in desensitising the masses to a now seemingly inevitable total relocation.

The shire is already struggling to realate to the team ....taking the game is only game push distant fans even further away

It's a disgraceful decision, and i would rather the club just died a graceful death then relocate like a whiny bitch

5 years? fmd ...

Anderson planted the seed, but zaps has signed the coroners report.

A shire man would not do this.

jc155776

Coach
f**k the SHire.

Lazy merkins have not done enough to deserve to keep the team.

In regards to "what if the central coast pull a bigger crowd", well good on them. If they do then the Sharks should relocate to a place where they are appreciated.

spider

Coach
f**k the SHire.

In regards to "what if the central coast pull a bigger crowd", well good on them. If they do then the Sharks should relocate to a place where they are appreciated.
exactly right JC - no matter how much it kills to say it - the fans are to blame

we finished first last year and still the footy club had a massive loss

what other option did the club have ?

the footy club has been making a loss for years now, to call it on zappias head is dead set funny

anyone who thinks he made the decision to move games is truly blind

f**kin oath.

shire lazyness sh*ts me. you go to northies rather than go to the game. you lazy f**kers. support your team. i support from afar, go to the games when i can and make monitary contribution.

and you cant even f**king walk up the road to the NRL?

its sad for the die hards in the area. but id rather they survived by moving rather than die at the hands of the pathetic.

9k to the game against the chooks? it didnt rain. the membership message is "your shire, your sharks"

the majority must not care.

these must be the same types that clap when we lose.

Last edited:

cheese

Bench
f**k the SHire.

and f**k townsville you smarmy little hick

it's easy for the blow ins to be happy with this move ....the sharks are the shires team

chuck a flanno on, chew some straw and go follow the crocodiles.... wanker

cheese

Bench
exactly right JC - no matter how much it kills to say it - the fans are to blame

we finished first last year and still the footy club had a massive loss

what other option did the club have ?

the footy club has been making a loss for years now, to call it on zappias head is dead set funny

anyone who thinks he made the decision to move games is truly blind

Are you saying zappia isn't the one to sign off on this?

spider

Coach
no cheese - im saying he didnt make the decision - the board did

doesnt matter who signs off on it - what ever deflects from the board in an election month i guess

lol - stop talking sense JC

i dont see many people arguing with you

jc155776

Coach
I get to two home games a year from Townsville. I put my money into club membership and merchandise.

I do more then most of the bandwagon "supporters" who claim to support the team but get to one game, if that, each year.

Good to see you avoid the issue and just lay into someone for where they live.

I moved away from Sydney a long time ago when people went to the game in droves, especially kids. Now its being killed off by apathy.

Blow ins? Only people from the Shire can support the team? Thats why their wont be a Sharks team in 2 years time if this stupid Shire Centric attitude continues.

Bingo

All it does is aid in desensitising the masses to a now seemingly inevitable total relocation.

The shire is already struggling to realate to the team ....taking the game is only game push distant fans even further away

It's a disgraceful decision, and i would rather the club just died a graceful death then relocate like a whiny bitch

5 years? fmd ...

Anderson planted the seed, but zaps has signed the coroners report.

A shire man would not do this.

Cheese this was not a decision that the Club would've wanted to go down this is a decision that they HAD to do.

Maybe this is the wake up call that Sharks supporters needed.

I think a few supporters thought the Club was crying wolf all this time.

Now they know that the situation is deadly serious.

If your not a member become one.

If you haven't been attending games then attend them when you can.

Also buy your merchandise from the Club so they get all the money.

I'm sure that if the Sharks can get through this rough period that brighter and exciting times are ahead with money from the development.

Don't give up now we have fought for this Club to survive for a very long time now.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
its actually a good stalling tactic in many respects.
1. 2nd tier games are allocated to CC & get guaranteed income, at least doubling what will be made at Shark Park
2. it blocks the entry into the NRL for the 17th team
3. It puts the club in a possible position for relocation location close to sydney if development fails

spider

Coach
Zappia then rushed back to Cronulla to address the entire nine-man board, who voted unanimously to endorse the proposal around 8;30pm. Cronulla officials have traditionally opposed any form of relocation, but now have little choice because of the club's dire financial position.