What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The social thread

choc_soldier

Coach
Just a thought at the moment... ran this past a few other people last Saturday night after the Raiders game, and they seemed to be quite receptive to it.

For our game against the Cowboys in Round 24, I am proposing a "Blackout Bay 5" night, in the same vein as what the All Blacks do with some of their matches.

Basically, wear black (which should not really be a problem!) In the process, donate a small amount, say $5, and give the proceeds to Panthers on the Prowl.

I think it would look awesome, on the television, and also at the game. I have chosen the Cowboys game, because basically, how many Cowboys fans are going to be there, really? It's a chance to really drown it out.

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can get in contact with someone at Panthers (probably Kate Curtis), and run this idea past them, and see what they think.

If it is successful, it could be made an annual thing, just like the Bye Bash.

Just see what happens...

SP

Bench
i remember something like this back in 2000 when we played the eels (i think) that any panther fans who wore black went in the draw for an autograped penrith jersey

*Sandy*

First Grade
Roo great idea. It's pretty much what Phil was trying to do last year with different schemes for different games and he use to approach fans directly - one on one - at the games prior to the next and organise. Problem is that not everyone is ready to play along and this is what Phil found daunting and the reason I feel he has kept a low profile this year with it all.

Personally i think $5.00 is steep! Think about the families that enter and how much they have had to outlay at a game. $1 or $2 gold coin donation would be more tolerable from most.

Kate Curtis - when has she become a panther employee and a dominant person to get these things happening. By the look of it she has been having trouble selling the remainder of the tickets to the Bye Bash this year... nothing against Kate but she use to sit in Bay 5 but the days I have been to the games this year, I have never ever seen her... it's become a `Where's kate?' rather than Where's Wally!!! :mrgreen:

Here's a genuine suggestion: You want to sell an idea - approach Scott McRae and ask if he can announce it at a previous game. ;-) Phil knows Scott very well.

Fibroman

First Grade
I know what I'll be bashing on bye night. Anyone heard of a bishop? And I'm not playing chess. :?

Fibroman

First Grade
Yes I'm sure Mark Riddle does it too. But I prefer to call it the dead left hander or the helicopter rather than the riddle.lol

Big Artie

Juniors
Big Artie neva had the plot to lose Fibro, I went down 2 Wagga 4 a while trying to track down panther Gurl, but I came up empty handed, watch the boys go saturday nite, #-o

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
you must not have looked hard enough every1 knows me :lol: im like the only panthers fan in wagga :lol: i would have been either drunk,hungover or at gloria jeans :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
He probably thought he was in Wagga Wagga but was probably in Wodonga. Believe me it's nothing unusual for Art. :lol:

Big Artie

Juniors
Actually it could have been Albury, PK or mayb Condo or Trangie, Nevertire,Nyngan or perhaps Umina wiff the princess 8)