What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The social thread

*Sandy*

First Grade
I live in Umina and didnt know until Sunday morning when they mentioned it at Nipper news. My mother who doesnt live on the coast knew before me, she read it in Friday papers.

He wasnt a local. A 17 year old boy from Tassie visiting his grandparents. I caught something in the lines of that he went surfing on his body board which he relied on the arm attachment to keep him close to his board and afloat because he wasnt a very good swimmer ... apparently. The attachment broke or was broken, he obviously got separated from his board and drowned. The board was found at 8.00 by a couple of girls and then his body was found by the lifesavers just after 9.00 am Thursday morning.

Had no idea. I use the carpark to drop the kids off to school.

SP

Bench
Going over the year

what are everyone's greatest (and not so, if u want to share) moments of 2004

mine are:

Greatest:

Almost getting into the Windsor Wolves team i trialed for back in March

Getting to the ececutive producer of Aust Idol auditions in May (i thought it was a good achievement for me, i didnt think id get to him :lol: )

Finding a female singer i formed a muck around band with, called Forward Pass in May (i met her from the Aust Idol Auditions)

Finally getting a bloody job in November (that i get paid for, my radio announcing is voulanteer work)

Not So Great.....

F-ing up my shoulder playing footy in April which meant i wont be playing for a long long time

Embarrising myself infront of this girl i used to perve on all the time at TAFE in May

thats it for me

choc_soldier

Coach
GREATEST
* Being a "TV star"... appearing on Channel 9 a few times at the footy, and also on National Nine News before the Bulldogs prelim final.
* Having a random quote I posted on Panthers Interactive being published in Big League.
* Going to every Panthers game in NSW (and Canberra) this year - 22 in total.
* Finally getting a "real" job.
* Finally getting a car.

NOT SO GREAT
* Losing the prelim final against the Dogs, and to Souths and Melbourne mid year.
* The fact that I am still single.

SP

Bench
i should add the still single in my not so great

and being on tv (channel V) as one of my greatest moments

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
pk, yeah i read it in the express advocate on friday.. the name sounds familar and for a second there i thought i had played against him in footy i thought he played for woy woy then i read further and it said he was from tassie.

SP

Bench
ok i'll tell u the story :lol:

Well me and one of my friends there, when we were bored we use to open up word and write notes and send off to printers in other rooms. Anyway it was a cold day and i sent "IT'S BLOODY COLD" to the computer room across from me and after that i sent "HELLO GOOD LOOKIN" and the teacher came out and asked who sent them, and my teacher said me cause she saw me write it

So i had to go into the other classroom, the one with the chick i used to perve on all the time and apologise and either say who i thought was good lookin or do 10 push up. I said im not going to say who i think is hot all im going to say is she's here today and i'll go down and do 10 :lol:

So i did up to 8 push ups and one of the girls said "his ass is getting tight" that was it i pissed myself laughing and fell to the floor. I finished the other 2, apologised again and went (not knowing i had a busted lip from falling on my face)

I got into my room and Craig just looked at me and said What the hell did they do to you, then i knew my lip was bleeding.

And for the rest of the semester the girl just kept on laughing at me, even in Bi-Lo where she works she does

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
Greatest
-turning 18 :D
-winning a comp on channel v (the captions one and the one they had on valentines day the one with wally lewis) :D
-winning money on the melbourne cup
-gettting into uni

Not so Great
-being single :(
-not getting to go to a single panthers game :cry: :cry:
-and getting screwed around with work

choc_soldier

Coach
OK, so I was bored today, so I went for a drive. To Bathurst.

Sussed out the ground we will be playing our trial against the Knights, Carrington Park. Just like a normal country town ground, with one grandstand and grass everywhere else.

Also fulfilled a childhood dream and drove a few laps of Mt. Panorama. Sure, the speed limit is 60 and I was only driving a Toyota Echo, but I posted a personal best lap time of 6 min 33 sec.

Look out Skaifey... :lol:

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
:lol: i couldnt go for a drive last time i was i went to bathurst....stupid car racing already being on.......i cheaked out panthers thats about it and only because i was getting free food :D

Caged Panther

First Grade
parra_panther said:
OK, so I was bored today, so I went for a drive. To Bathurst.

Sussed out the ground we will be playing our trial against the Knights, Carrington Park. Just like a normal country town ground, with one grandstand and grass everywhere else.

Also fulfilled a childhood dream and drove a few laps of Mt. Panorama. Sure, the speed limit is 60 and I was only driving a Toyota Echo, but I posted a personal best lap time of 6 min 33 sec.

Look out Skaifey... :lol:

was in the back seat when my old man drove around Mt Panorama once in a commodore station wagon. Personally I was a bit scared going round at 60. Don't know how they get round some of those bends at such high speed. Nerves of steel