What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the sooner we leave WIN stadium the better

big pat

Coach
That's the spirit boys. :x

Internal bickering and unproductive comments. Lets remember that one couldn't survive without the other. Let's not forget StGeorges neighbours, strugling for cash over at Cronulla, so you can hardly say that StGeorges thousands of residents within a couple of Kilometres of Kogarah are attending games better than the fans that travel from up and down the south coast and to the highlands over 100k's for a game every round. Wollongong in my opinioin has the best semi-professional ground in Australia, and I have been to a few, with the adition of the Western Grandstand modification will cement this, maybe then they might come. This absolutely a terrible thread, especially at this point in the financial time. end rant.

Now for the facts.

Wollongong has the highest unemployement in Australia per capitia. The average wage in Wollongong is extremely low. WIN stadium has their pricing wrong with gate tickets and the game is poorly marketed in the Wollongong area, wollongong doesn't have a massive Leagues club like StGeorge does so word is not as easily spread to the community.

I'd like to know how many travel south for the game compared to the ones who travel north for the game ?

All as I know is that WE are going to WIN a premiership this year so stop this internal rubbish and get the F!@K on with supporting the Joint verntured football club or get your frequent flyers card out more often ready for games in another state.

they might take away our lives,but they will never take away our freedom.

SerbDragon

Coach
Ive been a St George supporter all my life.....now im a St George Illawarra supporter.

Same jersey, same red V same everything except for 1 word, i have absolutely no problem with it. I think all this Illawarra bashing sucks. We are strong and we are proud, does anything else matter?

big pat

Coach
Ive been a St George supporter all my life.....now im a St George Illawarra supporter.

Same jersey, same red V same everything except for 1 word, i have absolutely no problem with it. I think all this Illawarra bashing sucks. We are strong and we are proud, does anything else matter?

well said mate, who gives a sh*t where you come from, if you follow st george, show your pride and stand united, or in some cases.. sit down.

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
How many players would have never played for the dragons if they didnt merge with The Steelers!!

dean young father craig played with the dragons and he was from wollongong region wasnt he. the point is the dragons already had a good relationship in that area befor illawarra even got introduced so dont try make this out to be the dragons would suck if they didnt take our players. my fav player is ben creagh and he is from the gong and i coundt care less. point is we are one so give gives a f**k

brendothejet

First Grade
Im over the illawarra - st george sh*t.

WIN is a good ground, sure it could do with some updates, but so could kogarah until a few years ago (probably needs more still)

Wollongong is a fun place to head down to and the ground is a good place to watch footy from.

Time to leave the petty bickering behind and get on with supporting the side.

You think Wayne Bennet cares about which side of the fence the players came from? No. He cares about winning.

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
OKI home to the st george dragons

WIN home to the illawarra steelars

st george and illwarra merged (became one)

so guess what both ground are home

if you have a problem with illawarra you have a problem with st george since they merged. think that illawarra supporters are farked then so are dragon supports cause guess what, the team merged so did the supporters. so if you love st george you have to love illawarra and vice versa. which side is gonna grow up first and learn to get along i honestly hope st george illlwarra is the first cause they are my only!

are you serious?

an avatar hardly says if someone does or doesn't support the jv..

if that's the case i'd better throw out all my steelers merchandise from when i was a kid... don't mind the fact i now have about 10 times as much dragons merchandise..
I just think it is a bit hypocritical that someone has a huge rant about supporting the JV, but still displays a Steelers logo.

The Major

Bench
I heard Dr Philip Nitszhke has developed a euphanasia tablet for all steelers fans to put them out of their misery...

(I'll start cranking the shimano rod and see how many bites i can get!)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
^^ pfft.. that's old news..

he brought that out 10 years ago..

104-Large.jpg

blackberryman

Juniors
The opportunity to remain in his home town of Wollongong was a big part of his decision where he is settled with his family and friends close by.
“I have played all my junior football here and have been fortunate enough to progress through the grades to first grade,” he said. “I’ve lived in Wollongong my entire life and love it here so to be able to stay around all my friends and family is great.”

In regards to Creagh...

So it appears that Wollongong may actually offer something to the side.