What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Spine

saintjeff

Juniors
Dino is speed the reason we dropped the ball
We completed 18/35 sets or kicked out on the full
NO ITS NOT

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Benji was the only Dragons player to make a line break, tackled and kicked well and took the ball to the line before passing it. I agree he didn't have "a great game" but was the only Dragons player who can hold his head up after that.

Widdop made several mistakes, never looked like doing anything in attack and once again as he does every week, didn't take the ball to the line as all the top line halves do. The main difference today was even when he passed a few meters before the line, they were down around the receivers knees or up around the head.
Fair enough,but overall i think benji has done way less than widdop in games and has been given the capt duties(therefore rated higher).
Both halves had a shocker today but so did the rest of the team so who knows.

TruSaint

Referee
Marshall played well today.
Mann / Lafai / JDB / and even Flo were terrible.
Are we serious that a player of SOO quality at FB is replaced by Mann?
Please dont tell me its round 2.
Comps are not won in round 2, but they can be lost.
Lafai was shown up again, in defence and attack.
Packer was awesome even with the errors.

giboz71

First Grade
Give them time??? have you lost your f**king mind??? The regular season has started. Trials are over. We are out of time!

So your solution is to move Dugan back to fullback and Aitken to centre like last year, so we can proceed to be the 2nd worst attacking team in the comp?

Is that what will get us out of this?

TruSaint

Referee
So your solution is to move Dugan back to fullback and Aitken to centre like last year, so we can proceed to be the 2nd worst attacking team in the comp?

with respect Giboz... is Mann the player we want at FB?
Granted its round 2 mate...

giboz71

First Grade
with respect Giboz... is Mann the player we want at FB?
Granted its round 2 mate...

Mate he was terrible today, granted.

But my point is resorting to the same formation as last year won't make us contenders.

I don't have the answers mate. I'm hurting just like you.

V

Vasilevsky

Fair enough,but overall i think benji has done way less than widdop in games and has been given the capt duties(therefore rated higher).
Both halves had a shocker today but so did the rest of the team so who knows.

Benji didn't have a shocker. Widdop had a shocker but as I have said repeatedly, his "composure" you homies keep raving about isn't enough.

WTF does that mean anyway? I always though it means that as he never does anything (good) of note, he must be "composed".

V

Vasilevsky

Dugan to fullback, Milne and Aitken centres.

saintsbysix

Juniors
Benji didn't have a shocker. Widdop had a shocker but as I have said repeatedly, his "composure" you homies keep raving about isn't enough.

WTF does that mean anyway? I always though it means that as he never does anything (good) of note, he must be "composed".

When your team doesn't score a single try, it means your halves had a shocker. Yes, Benji tried hard, so did Widdop, but it didn't translate into any points, so they both had a shocker.

Mr Red

First Grade
A big shake up is not a shake up unless we rest Nighty....love him, but unfortunately, age has caught up to him

I'm reserving judgment as long as Mary keeps him out of position on the left. He's never been successful on the left side.
Mary had another shocker today the way he worked the interchange bench, two pathetic coaching efforts to start the season....

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Both halves had a stinker,simple as that. Praise benji all you like but how many tries did he put on,score,set up etc. Benji is past it,at least widdop has age on his side.

V

Vasilevsky

Both halves had a stinker,simple as that. Praise benji all you like but how many tries did he put on,score,set up etc. Benji is past it,at least widdop has age on his side.

Widdop never arrived to pass anything. That is the difference.

Man had a shocker today. Most NRL coaches would drop him. Will Mary drop him?

Our head coach is not of NRL standard. The sooner everyone can accept that the better.

I take no delight in being right all the time, I really don't.

But dead set, Vas and I can do a better job. All it takes is a little smarts, something you so called experts lack in spades.

Straight Shooter

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Widdop never arrived to pass anything. That is the difference.
Fair enough,keep telling yourself that but both played crap today.
I hope they both have a blinder next week cause the rot needs to be stopped now or we will give up too much of a gap in an already tight comp.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Our head coach is not of NRL standard. The sooner everyone can accept that the better.

I take no delight in being right all the time, I really don't.

But dead set, Vas and I can do a better job. All it takes is a little smarts, something you so called experts lack in spades.

Straight Shooter
You guys could be the next walker bros duo.
Exciting times ahead! Note sarcasm

The spine played poorly today. Mann, Rein and Widdop had an off day.

As for the coach, last time I watched a game, he doesn't drop the ball continuously or kick it out on the full.

Ultimately the players make the coach. Rarely does the coach make the difference.

For years Bennett coached the QLD state of origin side masquerading as the Broncos.

Take the big 3 from Melbourne and Bellyache is a flop, simple as that.

As for the coach, last time I watched a game, he doesn't drop the ball continuously or kick it out on the full.

Ultimately the players make the coach. Rarely does the coach make the difference.

For years Bennett coached the QLD state of origin side masquerading as the Broncos.

Take the big 3 from Melbourne and Bellyache is a flop, simple as that.

I'm not going to call you a moron because that will deflect from your obscenely idiotic post.

Straight Shooter

V

Vasilevsky

Fair enough,keep telling yourself that but both played crap today.
I hope they both have a blinder next week cause the rot needs to be stopped now or we will give up too much of a gap in an already tight comp.

Widdop won't have a blinder. He never has. He is solid and "workman-like" when playing well.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
We really make things hard for ourselves. We just seem to go the wrong option at the wrong time, and compound it with a dropped ball, followed by a stupid penalty. We starve ourselves of quality possession.
I dont think I see any other team go for such long periods in the game without ball.

Look, the pressure is definitely on now. But I wouldn't be masking massive wholesale changes just yet, just a few tweaks. We need speed? Ok, how about giving Milne a run. No point in swapping Aitken for matatuia, not much difference in speed imo. Flo should also be on notice, goodness he is so slow, probably slower than sailor was when Bennett told him to retire.

We need organising at hooker? Start with havilli, bench Rein. Bring on Rein at the backend of halves to run around tiring forwards. It beggers belief how wrong Mary gets it when it comes to Rein and how to play him, he should never be playing anymore than 30-40 minutes per game.