What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stains are pretty boys and chokers and no-one can change us, not even Bennett.

Gaba

First Grade
lol @ gus

the dragons are in the same situation as every other team left in the comp.

Even the storm and bulldogs who won , are now in sudden death

The Dodger

First Grade
i guess if you were at the game, then you wouldn't have heard gus' metaphor about the dragons and sharpening axes.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think people are forgetting how well Wayne has done with this side.

It is fair to say you do not have the same sort of cattle that Brisbane or Melbourne have yet, you won the minor premiership.

All in Wayne's first year.

For mine you over achieved this season, and will be better for it next and again IMO year 3 of Bennett will have you ready for a result.

Who knows maybe you can beat the broncos.

The irony of Wayne's team being knocked out by the Broncos in his first year is not lost on me.(Although that may not even happen).

In year 3 the players will have all been chosen by Bennett.

drake

First Grade
I think people are forgetting how well Wayne has done with this side.

It is fair to say you do not have the same sort of cattle that Brisbane or Melbourne have yet, you won the minor premiership.

All in Wayne's first year.

For mine you over achieved this season, and will be better for it next and again IMO year 3 of Bennett will have you ready for a result.

Who knows maybe you can beat the broncos.

The irony of Wayne's team being knocked out by the Broncos in his first year is not lost on me.(Although that may not even happen).

In year 3 the players will have all been chosen by Bennett.
Well said mate.
I've been very happy with the team's performance this year, especially considering it's not exactly a star studded side. I think the only team in the finals with less marquee players is Parramatta. 17 blokes giving it their best every week is all you can hope for, and the 17 we've got have gone above and beyond in season 2009.

drake

First Grade
well thats the thing angry.

don't the dragons have one of the best nurseries in the league?
definately, and look where it's gotten us. How many teams have at least one St George or Illawarra junior in them? the nursery is more advantageous to the NRL as a whole than the Dragons in particular.
Every time one of the locals goes well, another team offers them more money to go elsewhere.

No wonder the B'ogs went Bought not Bred.

Has the tread starter come back since the loss? It would be interesting to know what he thinks now he has taken the noose from his neck. Dragons are still in with a chance. We have definitely made it hard to win, but when you look at it we have to win 3 games now where before it was two. Not that games against the Broncos, Melbourne probably Dogs are easy any time but it might happen. That said if we fail this year, then we will be called chokers and maybe there is some truth in that this time. We will play next year regardless and Bennett will have more to work with. It's not meant to be easy or everyone would do it.

Knightmare

Coach
The whole "chokers" thing comes from the Dragons teams of 2002-06, who underachieved. The team they had on paper then should have won at least one competition, appointing Browny as head coach at the same club he played for and overseeing players he was mates with, in retrospect was a stupid idea. You don't reward a 17 year old for passing their P's test by going out and buying them a McLaren F1 GTR, do you?

This current team is nowhere near as good (on paper) compared to those St George teams from earlier this decade. Uncle Wayne has truly shown his coaching ability away from the huge resources and grade A cattle at the Broncos, to take the Dragons to the Minor Premiership in his first year at the club. After 21 years experience racing the latest Porsches and winning a fair amount of races, he has hopped into a 10 year old Ferrari and put it on pole position. The team have overachieved this year so far. Dragons fans must be wishing the club had offered Wayne the job in 2003 instead of Browny. The Dragons would surely have won a comp since then if that were the case.

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
The Stains are pretty boys

Yeah, especially these gorgeous hunks.
00001823_Image.jpeg

00000444_Image.jpeg

00000384_Image.jpeg

Doug2234

First Grade
jpaciocco91 - as Willow mentioned please edit your first post and replace "we" with "you"..

f**k me grow some testicles and harden the f**k up!!!

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Angry

I have always said 2010 is the year for us, I had us @ 6th at best at the beginning of the year.

adamkungl

Immortal
Jpac or whatever the f**k ur name is - you're a disgrace of a supporter. Everything you say from here on in I will kick down. You're pathetic.

And Fein is the weakest merkin on the forum. Hiding behind his computer, and throwing off smiley faces and continual insults behind the safety of his computer. f**kin gutless.

:lol: I'd tell you St Merge are choking scum in real life if I ever had the displeasure of meeting you, sook. Seriously what are you gonna do, throw a punch because someone doesn't like your team. Internet hero.

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
i've said it before but never in my wildest dreams did i think the Dragons would do as well as they have this year, i am happy with what they have achieved so far under Wayne.

The Dodger

First Grade
it all comes with the territory the way i see it.

you come first and your expected to win, no matter how you were rated at the begining of the year, nor does it matter how long the coach has been there.

im the first to put my hand up when it comes to hassling stains supporters, but i will also admit that they have done a lot better than what was expected.

in saying that, in the past few years, people kept saying that the stains had the cattle but not the right coach, now they have the right coach and they are doing good.

so if they they do drop out of the finals this year, no matter what anyone says, everyone will consider it a choke.

to all the stains supporters, take it all with a grain of salt knowing that your team has done very well, even if they don't win it.

and if they do, then it will be even sweeter coming into these threads and giving it back.

until then, enjoy the choke...