What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stand up that is Mary"great onliners"

BLM01

First Grade
Mine from 2019 are which contradict each other as he obviously lives in the past
TPINOF - "The past is not our future" but then
"Last year we were only 85 minutes from a GF"
"Last year we spent 20 weeks in the Top 4" then
"We have had above average distractions"
"We have not had our bset 17 together all year"

since77

Juniors
After we lost to Melbourne a few weeks ago. “It was a small win”.
Other classics:
If the field was 98 metres long we would have won.
The opposition had to score their tries from kicks.
At one point this year he actually said something to the effect of if you stopped all the games after 30 minutes we’d be in the top 4.

Paddles

Juniors
My favourite (and a couple of questions it poses):

"I think we all know if we stop the game after 30 minutes we're in the top four, but for the next 50 we're in the bottom two, so to be down and then get to a winning margin like we did was very pleasing." From https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6247703/dodgy-meal-doesnt-slay-nrl-dragon-vaughan/?cs=14326

Does he really think 'we all know' such stupid factoids?

Is it the working out such factoids what is taking up the 12-14 hours a day, leaving no time to learn about the basics of coaching and working out how to drop Aitken?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
The maestro hasn’t actually said this at this stage of his stellar career, but just before he cops the silver bullet that we have all been waiting for ( with bated breath ) he will look up above and point to the heavens and say “ the plane - the plane “ , in a sort of half English half Spanish accent .

Last edited:

Dragons 09

Juniors
A lot of the stuff he says is so ridiculous that it is mostly comical (if it wasn't actually so serious).
But i really f**ken despised one line from the Rabbits presser.
He said, "catch the ball, make the tackle, win the game". If you translate this he actually said, "Saab dropped the ball, Saab missed the tackle, Saab lost us the game"
Way to go super-coach, bag an 18 year old debutante in front of the nations media so as the kid can feel even more f**ked than he already does......such a quality mentor......bag a kid to cover for your own f**ken incompetence. Dead set grub of a man!

Last edited:

Latest posts