What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stand up that is Mary"great onliners"

watatank

Coach
My favourite is after he backstabbed price and took over he said he wanted to finish the job price had started at the club. FMD, And this guy got a 2 year extension in April?!

Had to look at what he said and found this cringeworthy content. (link)

“The Board wanted the change to be as simple as possible for the players and for their sake I agreed,” said McGregor. “This is a difficult situation for me, Steve Price is a good friend of mine and we have worked closely together and I would have liked us to work through these tough times as one.

watatank

Coach
I remember McGregor's first interview as assistant coach. This guy was wearing a suit and talking about himself the whole time, didn't mention Price at all. You just knew that this guy was too sure of himself even then.

grouch

First Grade
He does physical comedy too:

giphy.gif

Gomarchin

Juniors
Had to look at what he said and found this cringeworthy content. (link)

“The Board wanted the change to be as simple as possible for the players and for their sake I agreed,” said McGregor. “This is a difficult situation for me, Steve Price is a good friend of mine and we have worked closely together and I would have liked us to work through these tough times as one.
I went back and found this as well:

''I spoke to him about that and how he is feeling. He is a really good guy and he is hurting but he understands rugby league and he said he really wants the boys to work hard and perform for the rest of the year. That is why I am standing here right now, because I didn't want to see someone else come and undo the work that has been done. We are not finished. I wish he was right here next to me.''

Coffs dragon

Bench
McGregor & O'Connor are the greatest comedy double since Abbot & Costello. Remember when Board Director Sean O'Connor claimed Mary was a long term career coach & could be the next SuperCoach! That in itself is pure comedy Gold!
He followed that routine with another all time classic line:
Mary is a lot cheaper than Bennett, is a better long term option & has a strong connection with fans & local community after coaching Wests Devils to 3 consecutive premierships.
You could not write better comic material than this idiot delivers.
Together they are comic geniuses!

Walpole

Juniors
My favourite is after he backstabbed price and took over he said he wanted to finish the job price had started at the club. FMD, And this guy got a 2 year extension in April?!
When you think about it though, the job Price had started was making us the laughing stock of the NRL. You'd have to say that McGregor has pretty much completed that mission now...

Mine from 2019 are which contradict each other as he obviously lives in the past
TPINOF - "The past is not our future" but then
"Last year we were only 85 minutes from a GF"
"Last year we spent 20 weeks in the Top 4" then
"We have had above average distractions"
"We have not had our bset 17 together all year"
You get the dally m

Lethal25

Juniors
In yesterdays presser he said everyone wants to know why you're not winning, everyone wants to attack you. I'm still waiting for an answer as to why they're not winning.

I think he sucked me in with one of the oldest jokes in the book.

Q: How do you keep an idiot in suspense
A: I'll tell ya later

BLM01

First Grade
Mary always throws this out and also referred back to it last week how tough travel at the start of the season we had
Common example from his mouth..."Five day into into a nine day turn into a 7 day is tough"
Let me see Fresh Cowboys Round 1...5 day turn Souths in Sydney...7 day back up to Brisbane then 9 day up to Newcastle by bus
Sounds real tough and out of the ordinary to me especially when fresh at the start of the season :confused:

Mary....dont worry soon it will be a 6 month turn