What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Streaker

Perth Red

Post Whore
Smith was pretty quick with reminding the ref of the rules. If play is impeded it is a scrum with head and feed to attacking team. If deemed not to impede play then play on.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Smith was pretty quick with reminding the ref of the rules. If play is impeded it is a scrum with head and feed to attacking team. If deemed not to impede play then play on.

I noticed that too. Good captain

I was waiting for Farah to come rushing in and say something.. anything. But he just stood there with his hands on hips

beave

Coach
The funny thing is (and I'm 99% sure the rule still exists) if QLD had the ball but back in their own half (say at the 30m line) and old mate streaker runs out and impedes play, then NSW get the scrum feed because they are deemed to be the 'attacking' side because the play is closer to their attacking try line.

I really don't know how to make it fair, I can see both sides of the argument tonight about what should have happened in regards to the restart of play/ result of the impeded situation, but the one thing that should have happened was security stopping this assclown from getting onto the pitch and making as much distance as he did. Totally unacceptable.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That streaker still had more impact than Mitchell Pearce.
attachment.php

Springs

First Grade
He makes it all the way to the play then trips over and security finally act like their doing something by piling on him and disrupting play more. How useless must they be if he gets that far.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Genius by Hoffman. If he played the ball carrier and they went over it would have been a try. The dive was the only thing that could save the game.

As for the ruling, I think the only fair thing is an actual scrum with the ref feeding the ball. Give both teams the chance to get it. But it happens so rarely they couldn't anticipate something like this.

Did anybody see Greg Bird diving near the streaker? He's a serial milker.

Even the commentators had a chuckle about it.

Tough man Bird. Always squealing to the Ref. Gesturing. Gesticulating. Remonstrating. Sniveling. You know; Acting.

He should play Origin with Makeup on - He's more interested in acting than anything else.

How useless are security - they are seriously guys who are paid to stand and watch the game in Fluro shirts, they do nothing when something actually happens. At least the cops knew what to do

shaggs

Coach
Even the commentators had a chuckle about it.

Tough man Bird. Always squealing to the Ref. Gesturing. Gesticulating. Remonstrating. Sniveling. You know; Acting.

He should play Origin with Makeup on - He's more interested in acting than anything else.

That was Hoffman diving over the security guard.

Latest posts