What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp II

Who would win in a troll fight?

• Nemmywinks

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Horniest Horny

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • l0l@50uff$

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

DragonBuck

Juniors
seems to me mergers have all but flopped, they were all promised they will become superclubs and spun shit to join in the first place.

ST GEORGE & ILLAWARRA
MANLY & NORTHS
BALMAIN & WESTS

In hindsight none of the clubs have become superclubs, all that happened was two clubs squeezed into one with the same salary caps as everyone else and i dont see double the memberships or sponsors compared to standalone clubs either.

Manly pissed Norths off and got stronger, Tigers are a mess, Dragons are now are mess and considered a Wollongong team, basically alienating itself from the Sydney market, i know its all been spoken about before but what the hell did we the Dragons gain by joining Illawarra? apparently players? big wup they wouldve been at Dragons anyway.

Personally i think mergers wouldve been ok had all Sydney clubs merged, to go half way it didnt achieve anything at all.

If we werent merged would we have 20k members all based out of Kogarah? i think we wouldve by now.

Anyway whats the chances of this (mergers and de-mergers) ever happening again?

I was under the impression this forum was for St George Illawarra fans?? If not and it is just for St George could you be kind enough to point me in the direction of the Illawarra forum??

Also, you are a f**king idiot if you think that St George would have all of the Illawarra juniors if Illawarra wasn't a part of the merger. Why would any Illawarra junior automatically pick St George over any other sydney based club? Merkin!!!

Saintsified

Bench
Listen up chomp, im saying we wouldnt be any weaker and ill stand by that, you illawarra heads would be well um er EXTINCT. Dragons gained very little except your losing ways.

Back in the early 1900s the entire Sydney region south of the Cooks River was known as the Illawarra suburbs.

It's simply a back to the future thing. St George and Illawarra were one and the same to begin with. An entirely logical course of events just brought it all back together again.

Saintsified

Bench
Back in the early 1900s the entire Sydney region south of the Cooks River was known as the Illawarra suburbs.

It's simply a back to the future thing. St George and Illawarra were one and the same to begin with. An entirely logical course of events just brought it all back together again.

Maybe so, but i would like to play all home games out of kogarah then, gong is a waste of time, never sellout....dragon fans in wollongong are a myth.

DragonBuck

Juniors
Listen up chomp, im saying we wouldnt be any weaker and ill stand by that, you illawarra heads would be well um er EXTINCT. Dragons gained very little except your losing ways.

Yeah because the last GF win before '10 was when??? '79?? Yeah that must be Illawarra's fault with our losing ways........
Of course Illawarra juniors Morris, Cooper, Creagh, Hornby, Young, Merrin, Prior had absolutely nothing to do with our success in '10?

Would Illawarra be extinct?? Who knows. There is no real way of telling. The Illawarra side of the merger was looking pretty fragile a couple of years ago and they were funded by WIN. The same may have happened if push come to shove back in the late 90's. We will never know.

For the record..."chomp", the Dragons gained direct access to the richest rugby league nursery in the world. Hardly "very little" gained.....

Pugzley

Hahahaha. First trying to lobby to ban the shoulder charge and now this guy as your captain.

creagh.gif

bottle

Coach
Lol @ 'lobby'. You wouldn't know a lobby if it hit you in the arse. Evidence of any 'lobbying' you imbo?

You need to stop obsessing over the Saints and get out more, there are some quality night spots in and around St. Clair. So go comb your mullett, brush your tooth, put on your best Stubbies, singlet and thongs and head out to the Blue Cattle Dog or St. Mary's Leagues. You might be able to drink enough to spew up on yourself, or even pull some bush pig for a root. Quality night all 'round!

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
It is a bit of a travesty that the brains and money of your merger are not equitably represented on the merger logo.

stmerge.jpg

To give so much but receive so little isn't fair.

Seriously, how difficult would it be to work in a steeler?

The current logo is an abomination, a menagerie of filth that represents most things bad in the NRL.

stmenagerie.jpg

This is a much classier representation and gives Woolongong their proper recognition in this filthy merger.

steelersowardswallower.jpg

You're welcome.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
I feel flattered that you've taken the time out of your busy day. I'm gonna print these out and put em on the fridge. You clever boy

jenninga

First Grade
Mate ,have you been in a coma for the last 13 years,i know it's the offseason but you don't have to be a d#*khead.