What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp II

Who would win in a troll fight?

• Nemmywinks

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Horniest Horny

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • l0l@50uff$

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

Mr Fourex

Bench
lol. Fieldsguy and sockpuppet XXXX right on the shirt tails. How many accounts do you have?

tumblr_m101xfl9Yx1r8kyx1.gif

Saintsified

Bench
2 grand final appearances. I do invest in the club by buying merchandise and going to games etc so yes I do care. When people like Tinkler etc invest in clubs it's for their own gain. Do you think for 1 second they would care about us the fans?

thats fine, each to their own, end of the day, when we go broke due to our inept management, we will be asking someone like Bruce Gordon to take over or cease to exist, better go on the front foot now, less pain.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
thats fine, each to their own, end of the day, when we go broke due to our inept management, we will be asking someone like Bruce Gordon to take over or cease to exist, better go on the front foot now, less pain.
Calmed down now?

You seemed so sure that an injustice had occurred.

And you don't know much about the joint venture.

It was pointed out that you made a few errors. Are you even able to admit that you got your facts wrong?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i forgot about 99, thank god anyway...not one i choose to remember and ive been following saints for 40 years now.
Sure. You forgot.

And the other error?

You know, forget it. Just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but hey, it's hard to believe you.

Saintsified

Bench
Getting back to what i originally commented on, we merged much like manly/norths, wests/balmain and were all promised big things as superclubs, we ended up squeezing 2 into 1 and are no better off, manly tossed off Norths and have since come of age, although millionaires have had to prop them up, west tigers are less successful than us and as for us now it seems we got no money and will struggle for quiet some time, its a shame because we always claim to be the most followed club in the NRL but we are far from being number 1, we are two clubs and should have 30 to 40k members then.

I have been following the mighty Saints for 40 years now, the sharks were brought in to weaken us, in the 70s we still remained strong, in the 80s the steelers were brought in to weaken us even more and it worked we were nothing in the 80s except for the token 85 appearance in the GF, in the early 90s we bounced back till 96 when superleague ripped our team apart, however somehow we got most of our team together to make the grand final, we didnt want to merge with roosters cause we wouldve been swallowed up, instead we chose not to go superleague and standalone and chose to look at merging with the steelers and promised we would become a superclub, yes we were for one year and thats why we made it in 99, since then nothing and now we cant attract players, have a CEO who doesnt want to attract players and a club contributing less money than ever to our footy club.

Mark my words, membership will now fall and tougher times will come, we wont have any choice but to BEG someone like BRUCE GORDON to save us in future....and if that were to happen i would still follow the team, why wouldnt you? so why wait, get pro-active its the way of the future.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Saintsified, your wikipedia grasp of history, sense of reality and overall perceptions are so screwed up I don't know where to begin. Trying to be kind.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I know, I wrote it. lol

And it's closer to 24%, as in just under half of the Illawarra share of the Joint Venture. The St George club have always been the dominant financial partner in the JV - an agreement that is up for renewal every five years.

So fair heads up... careful of those 'facts' - they can get troublesome when you're a student of Wiki research. Remember, anyone can update Wikipedia - the realm where half-truths reign supreme.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
If Ben Hornby continues to play next year in the current form that he is in, does he lose his status as a legend of this club. I would like everyones Thoughts??

Latest posts