What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp II

Who would win in a troll fight?

• Nemmywinks

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Horniest Horny

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • l0l@50uff$

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

Minh

First Grade
Opposition fans love moonlighting as Dragons fans to get a feel of rugby league royalty, hence the occasional blow ins.

The Preacher

First Grade
Out tonight to see The Angels with Awynner. Good feed then we'll pray to the Angels and see if they can afford us a victory, it can't do any harm to our chances, so look for the beam of light going to Annandale Pub.
I'm a Preacher, 3yrs off the piss, going to the Angels, something good must come out of that.
If not, we're 3 blot and in a spot. Where are the peptides??????????

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
A Haka gives you a min +20% attack ability.

Tonga%20launches%20the%20Rugby%20you%20love%20it.png

Minh

First Grade
You guys know that all too well dont ya.:lol: lol. The archives go watch the archives in black and white, there is glory glory in black and white.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
Crisis looms for St George Illawarra with 13 big names yet to be re-signed for 2013

068548-off-contract-dragons.jpg

A CRISIS looms for St George Illawarra with 13 big names yet to be re-signed for next year, while their coach Steve Price also faces an uncertain future.

The club could be facing a mass exodus next year, with 19 players in total off contract. And not one recruit has been signed for 2014.

While stars Mitchell Pearce, Johnathan Thurston and Robbie Farah have recently re-signed for their respective clubs, the Dragons have yet to secure the likes of Ben Creagh, Mitch Rein, Michael Weyman and Jamie Soward beyond this season.

The club has also failed in their attempts to recruit Pearce, Thurston and Roosters centre Michael Jennings.

The Sunday Telegraph understands the uncertainty over Price's future is one factor holding up the club's recruitment and retention.

Several players, including Creagh, have urged the club to extend Price's tenure.

Players from rival clubs are also reticent to link with the Dragons with no clue who will be coaching them.

The failure of the NRL to sign off on the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) has also been a hindrance, although it has not stopped other clubs from re-signing their biggest stars. However, Dragons CEO Peter Doust last night said there was no need for alarm and the club was well advanced in negotiations.

"All clubs are regularly reviewing their roster - and not just for the current year but for the years ahead," Doust said.

"Contract negotiations are extremely complex, particularly in a market that has been influenced by cap increases over the next five years.

"We are well advanced in the negotiation process with a number of our players who are off contract this year, as would be expected, but we are not interested in speculating on these commercially in-confidence matters at this point in time."

Off-contract Dragons
067771-off-contract-dragons.jpg

The Dragons could also be planning a clean-out, with several stars including Nathan Fien, Matt Prior, Matt Cooper, Weyman and Soward all facing uncertain futures.

The Sunday Telegraph understands the club has made retaining captain Creagh and rising young hooker Mitch Rein a priority and discussions are underway.

Creagh said last week that he was eager to put pen to paper and extend his career with the club.

"I've got no plans to leave and I don't want to leave. It's not a worry for me and hopefully it will be sorted out," Creagh said. "I'd love to finish my career at the club."

Cooper was expected to retire at the end of the season but may opt to play on.

The Dragons are attempting to lure Josh Dugan to the club immediately while Todd Carney is another target.

Price's future has been under the spotlight, with the Dragons making a failed bid to lure Craig Bellamy away from the Melbourne Storm.

After missing out on the man regarded as the game's best coach, the club was rumoured to be circling the Sharks' Shane Flanagan.

Since being reinstated by the Sharks for today's clash against the Warriors, Flanagan has distanced himself from the talk and pledged his commitment to Cronulla for the next two years.

Steve Folkes and Tim Sheens have both been spoken of as Dragons coaches, although many feel the 35-year-old Price should be given longer to prove himself as an NRL coach.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-signed-for-2013/story-e6frexpr-1226604067854

Definitely a crisis situation in Wollongong.

RedVDave

First Grade
Thanks Gronkiest Gronk, defientley a crisis situation for sure I mean which other club has players comming off contract? Panic stations indeed.

Coffs dragon

Bench
No big deal, only a few big name players on the list. The majority are seniors ready for retirement, overated players and injury prone players. Time for a clean out and concentrate on the youth with some outside recruitment in the halves and centres.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
we couldnt get any lower than south ever did, let me see, how many spoons and not to mention getting kicked out yet you came back. Not panic stations for us. ;)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I worry about you honky...

The amount of time and focus directed towards the dragons is scary...

Did a dragons fan / player / mascot run off with your missus or something?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Most of those players are either fill-ins, reserve graders or due for retirement or moved on. Only a handful should be targeted for retention and that's the same number as any club. The biggest issue is sorting out the coach for 2014, and that's hardly breaking news.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Most of those players are either fill-ins, reserve graders or due for retirement or moved on. Only a handful should be targeted for retention and that's the same number as any club. The biggest issue is sorting out the coach for 2014, and that's hardly breaking news.

Wow ! - a story about the Dragons having players off-contract. You can just about mark the date on your calendar with this "breaking news". It seems as reliable as the stories on ACA or Today Tonight every year about aggro neighbours, shonky plumbers, car wash places that steal money, dodgy landlords or tenants etc etc