What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
All i see is 2012 premiers Melbourne Storm on every tv, paper, website, forum and its all anyone is talking about!! Butthurt much?

1. Storm

16. Eels

Haha losers! So many of you gave me a hard time for my can the storm seriously be stopped in 2012 thread, eat sh!t maggots!

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
2009 Grand Final Team

1. Slater (Stayed)
2. Turner (Left)
3. Inglis (Left)
4. Chambers (left)
5. Neilsen (Stayed)
6. Finch (Left)
7. Cronk (Stayed)
8. Tolman (Left)
9. Smith (Stayed)
10. White (Left)
11. Blair (Left)
12. Hoffman (Left)
13. Johnson (Left)

14. Hinchcliffe (Stayed)
15. Lima (Left)
16. Tandy (Left)
17. Anderson (Left)

5 players of our 17 stayed, 2 more returned, looks pretty gutted to me.

Oh yeah, 2012 PREMIERS BABY!!

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Funny everyone else in the world bar a handful of sad Eels fans acknowledge and applaud our 2012 premiership, it's legit, we are the best, now give it a rest. If you think having millions of dollars worth of fines, Premierships, Minor Premierships, WCC titles stripped, forced to play out an entrie season for 0 points, have the clubs and players credability dragged through the mud is not harsh enough punishment, well its not really relevant, because the NRL found it was suitable punishment, we have paid for our crimes, like a criminal who serves his time in jail, we are square with the house again. We just proved to the world that extra money didn't win those premierships, because with a cap compliant team we are still the best by a mile, and that's what you are having trouble understanding, it's jealousy and its ugly on you.

2012 Premiers, you cant take this one off us.

Try telling guys like Lowe, Norrie, Bromwich, Fa'aoso etc that their rings are tarnished, they wern't involved in the salary cap rorts. Your entire logic is flawed, you cannot predict where players would have ended up and how results during those years might have varied, no one can, so stop trying.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Typical hick response, I lay out an argument (on a forum no less) for your constant pot shots at my club but instead of acknowledging or responding with an intelligent comeback all I get is f*** off? All class boys. Losers.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
And you give me s*** for constantly coming on your clubs forum? Stop starting threads about my team then!! F***ing morons, its like talking to a brick wall.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
743775-jarryd-hayne.jpg

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
You guys were f**ked over by (I hypothesise) some club officials, player agents, players and possibly your coach. I don't blame any unknowing parties (except players who did receive the dodgy payments) including you fans. It is impossible to know what would have happened but surely (if you aren't just a troll) you can understand that the likelihood of any given player from any of your grand final teams being there dramatically decreases with each dollar whoever received under the table, particularly the ones receiving said money (e.g. Titans and Broncos both expressed interest in Smith). I can realise that it would be impossible to know even if they were under the cap in those years, that they wouldn't have won premierships anyway.

I may not like your team and believe the win is still tarnished but I congratulate them on the win. What I don't like is the lack of humility though about the whole ordeal from players and fans and aggression to other teams fans and the media, when that aggression should be aimed at the perpetrators. It's like harbouring the murderer of your sister because he's your brother.

I'd also like to know how Melbourne supporters felt in 2003 and particularly 2004?

If you believe us fans wern't furious at the club, it's players and officials in the aftermath of 2010, you are badly misinformed. Many i know considered giving the club and the game away, you will never know what we went through as fans, we need this us against the world mentality, because it literally is us against the world. Look at this thread mate, can't you see why so many storm fans have to fight and scrap to get their opinion heard? Granted i lay the boot in from time to time but i only give as good as i get.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Any time a storm fan tries to talk about anything all we cop is cheats cheats cheats! You think fans are just going to lie down and cop it forever?

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
The Bulldogs knocked us out in the semi's in 2004 if memory serves me correctly, I'll admit I was dirty when the dogs originally got caught, but to see them go from 1st to last and lose all their points I actually thought was a fitting punishment, but when they won in in 04 not once did i ever think "they still have players from an illegally assembled squad" Because i knew that at that point, in that game, we were beaten by a team who had served their punishment and were now playing by the rules. My thoughts on the salary cap in general are not really relevant but I think paying someone abit of extra money whilst cheating is not as bad as other things like match fixing (Tandy, Juventus, Pakistan Cricket), Intentionally hurting people for contract bonuses (New Orleans Saints), Even dog acts like James Graham biting Billy Slater but none are as scrutinised as much as the salary cap. Its a joke anyway, pretty much your allowed to cheat the cap but aslong as its not by too much, every year 5 or 6 teams get done for going over by afew hunderd thousand, they cop a fine, no one batts an eyelid. Does it matter if you start the hundred metre dash at the 90 or the 50 metre line? your still cheating. Parramatta have breached several times, technically you're cheats too, it's all a farce if you ask me.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
You won the comp with 3 of the best players in the game, hats off to you. Like you said, you are the best and anyone who tries to deny that are mad. People are always going to be pissed about what your team did, i still am, but im sure in time i will get over it just like most others. If Parra EVER win the comp, i won't be worrying what anyone says, ill be out living it up, celebrating.

Watch the after party in Sydney videos, i'm front and centre buddy. I'm not a troll, i just give as good as i get, i genuinely enjoy debating issues with ANY rugby league fans, if you don't want me here thats fine, there is an ignore button.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
An you will never know the pain and anger of Eels fans who's heroes were robbed of a legitimate chance at a Premiership from between 2006 and 2009 by you club and its over developed roster. Night just Hindmarsh, Burt, Cayless but blokes like Widders, Morrison, Tim Smith, Daniel Wagon, Grothe jnr, Paul Stringer and a raft of other players. All because your team was cheating the entire competition.

Do you remember the game in 2010, where after the Salary cap scandal was announced and your team came to Parramatta Stadium. It was a war. Something the storm weren’t expecting. You know why? Because they thought they were hard done by, not the rest of the league.
You will never know the anguish and hate we have for your club and everything it stands for, because you believe your clubs players and your clubs fans were the only victims.

Your opinions are like our opinions tainted by your personal experience.

Let me put it to you this way. Would it have been harder to rebuild your club if say the NRL at the end of the 2010 season declared an Open Season on your club, Every one of the players at the Storm had to sign with another NRL club, and every NRL club had to give up 1 - 2 players of the same value they signed a Storm players for to move to Melbourne. Complete fresh sheet. Maybe you would have been allowed to keep Slater, but apart from that clean sheet. Do you think you would have won this premiership? If you are honest with me, you will say no.

So just like the Bulldogs 2004 premiership, it might be legitimate, it might feel like redemption to you, but for the other 15 clubs it will stick in our claw, the premiership from 2006 onwards is tainted while your side continues to maintain any "stars" that were at the club during that period.

When Smith, Cronk and Slater retire or leave the storm, they might have some semblance of respect for your club, like I used to when I would travel to Melbourne to see the Storm play, when I cheered them in the 1999 premiership, when I saw what effort was being put in to league in Victoria, but until then you and Most of Queensland are gloating over cheating the rest of the league out of a legitimate shot.

1. I've never once claimed to understand what you fans went through, like you said i have my own personal experiences and i can try to have empathy but i will never really know the pain (Granted we were knocked out by the Dogs in 04 but they are 2 completely different circumstances)

2. Are you saying our entire squad should have been cleaned out an be made up from talent from other clubs who don't really want to be there? Value for value we have 3 600k players on our books, thanks for Thurston, Barba and Farah, I still say we would have a shot at the title. Its silly to try and imagine any of this because its all conjecture, we will never know sadly, same way you will never be able to definatively say you would have won the comp in 09 (And yes i'm aware you robbed of the chance, all clubs were sadly)

3. I think 2012 proved that we were good enough to win it without cheating, i was hoping that would give some fans from other clubs closure, many players envy our culture and work ethic, storm fans are sick of hearing that money and not hard work are why were are the best, 2012 proves otherwise.

4. I don't blame any Eels fans who hate the storm, but when you still label our 2nd legitimate premiership with all this salary cap bulls*** after the years we went through, it stings storm fans and will provoke reactions like mine. I know you hate to hear it, but we won this one playing by the rules, and weather you think the sanctions or penalties handed down by the NRL were too lenient or plain wrong doesn't matter, we played by the rules and served our punishment, got back to working hard and playing footy and we won, that's the black and white of it, how can you begrudge us that? We done everything asked of us to vindicate ourselves and its still not enough, seriously what do you want us to do just give up and ask for a harsher penalty?

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Agreed on most points. At least you don't use it as justification. Most clubs go over because the workers behind the scenes don't get the pay matching the players on the park, there f**k-ups by management and accountants because they aren't skilled enough rather than dodgy dealings.

At the end of the day, I get where Melbourne are coming from but they need to let it go as much as the rest of us (moreso the media) because next Melbourne supporter to say "they can't steal this one from us", will have my boot in their face. I would have accepted the premiership out of happiness, relief, pride rather than animosity and egotism.

We have no option but to have this "us vs them" mentality mate, the RL world makes sure of that. I think storm fans want to move on as much as anyone, but when it keeps getting brought up, especailly days following our 2nd legitimate title, it is going to anger some fans. I find the vast majority are long over it in the general population, it seems just a handful of Eels fans cant let go, and you know what? That's fine with me, because all it is going to do is lead them down a long windy road which has a dead end. I sincerley apologize for what the Storm did to your club and the rest of the NRL, but I'm looking forward now, and our future is brighter than ever.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The grown ups are talking, go play in traffic f***wit.
:lol: He's like the Turd that won't flush, grown ups lol you sound like you are about 12.

You can crap on here and try and justify what your club did all you like. Your scum is a souless enitity spawned from the carcasses of other more deserving clubs deaths. And if you weren't owned by those pieces of Shit New Limited your club would be gone and forgotten. I do see a need for a club in Melbourne but with dropkicks like you and scumbags like Slater,Smith and a coach who still refuses to take repsonsibility for what they did it makes it hard.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
:lol: He's like the Turd that won't flush, grown ups lol you sound like you are about 12.

You can crap on here and try and justify what your club did all you like. Your scum is a souless enitity spawned from the carcasses of other more deserving clubs deaths. And if you weren't owned by those pieces of Shit New Limited your club would be gone and forgotten. I do see a need for a club in Melbourne but with dropkicks like you and scumbags like Slater,Smith and a coach who still refuses to take repsonsibility for what they did it makes it hard.

I repeat, go play in traffic f***wit. See everyone else having a rational discussion? Then there's you popping up like an unwanted guest dribbling sh*t, stop embarassing yourself.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
You'll cop it forever from Eels fans because your shit club knocked us out of the finals three times in the four years you were cheating.

Can you understand we have a special hatred against you? Since 2005 the only team to have beaten us in the finals is Melbourne. Those years were the last chance for Hindmarsh, Cayless and Burt to win a premiership, and you cheating merkins stole that chance.

We will never forget.

Never asked you to forget mate, originally I commented on this thread because certain Eels fans were questioning the legitamacy of our 2012 premiership. I honestly don't blame you guys for having a strong hatred for Melbourne, but to act like they didn't win a premiership this year beacuse of what happened in the past is going to meet some reaction from opposing fans.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
The point is, it's "legit" as far as the penalties imposed. The very basic premise behind this thread is that the squad wasn't put together legally.

Sure, you say have 3 600k players on your books. What was the value of their illegal contracts and why weren't you forced to pay them at that rate, or lose them? This is the sticking point right here.

Example:
Penrith have been fairly mediocre for a number of years. The next 5 years they spend $8m per year acquiring all the best youngsters, buying selective named players, and turning themselves into a very competitive outfit. For examples sake, let's say they win a premiership in that time.
Uh oh - they get caught and stripped of the comp and forced to play for 0 comp points in the current season.
What are the players going to do? (who may or may not have been involved, but considering they all signed 2 contracts, let's tar them just a little bit) How many of them will take a pay cut to stay at "this great club" and have their chance at a premiership? And why should the Panthers be allowed to re-negotiate the illegal contracts to NOW make them fit? For 5 years they've kept this talent away from other clubs and now that there's a shot at a premiership, these guys will take a 1 or 2 year paycut (hey, they already got their cash over that 5 year period - let's get the premiership to rub everyone's nose in it).

This is kind of how it panned out with the Dogs and the Storm. If you can't see why other clubs fans think you're "cheats" then here's the tip: just ignore it for the next 5 years and we'll acknowledge you're legal again. But don't expect it to go away until the core of the problem is dealt with (the illegally retained players vanish).

But whether or not you want to admit it, something stinks about the way both those comps were won (2004 and 2012).

To be completely honest, the top 4 clubs were like the evil conglomeration this season. Dogs, Souths, Manly and Cheats. Some scumbags were going to win the premiership, at least I can be thankful it was the Storm because it's good for the game as a whole!!!

I understand exactly what your saying, but then shouldn't your problem be with the NRL for not pushing harder penalties on the storm? In 2012 what could we as a team done differently to make it a legitimate premiership in your eyes? We 100% played by the rules this year and won it fair & square by the letter of the law, I think this sums it up nicely: Don't hate the player hate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts