What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojan

Juniors
im sure you do hope melbourne destroy the eels in the first half i think you're a little worried what might happen if they can't

p.s. you missed one mate, option 3 is the eels destroying melbourne in the first half

If The Storm don't destroy The Eels in the first half but instead its a tough gruelling first 40 minutes I would be more than happy. Last week the 2 prelim's couldn't have been different, we were able to coast through the last half with some big names on the bench resting while your mob were forced to fight to the last minute.

Melbourne have fresher legs and by the second half will be ready to trounce Parramatta.

As for option 3, if The Eels are up by more than 10 points at half time I'll eat my hat.

Trojan

Juniors
I guess you must have missed the result when we played the Storm about 8 weeks back

If you think that game is ANY indication of how this Sunday is going to pan out then I feel for you. The Eels will be shown what Finals Football is really about this weekend.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you think that game is ANY indication of how this Sunday is going to pan out then I feel for you. The Eels will be shown what Finals Football is really about this weekend.

much like the Dragons, Bulldogs and Titans were

The Colonel

Immortal
You guys are amazing, the pure wit and intelligence....

Do you know what is truly amazing? The fact that you are on here trying to get an agreement from Eels fans that your mob will trounce us. We've been seeing your kind in here for 11 weeks.... you talk it up big and then at the end of the day you f**k off into the sunset and don't come back.

If you want some agreement go talk to a mirror or park yourself in the Melbourne forum.

If The Storm don't destroy The Eels in the first half but instead its a tough gruelling first 40 minutes I would be more than happy. Last week the 2 prelim's couldn't have been different, we were able to coast through the last half with some big names on the bench resting while your mob were forced to fight to the last minute.
we dont mind fighting to the last minute we've been doing it on a weekly basis for quite a while now ;-)

Last edited:
Do you know what is truly amazing? The fact that you are on here trying to get an agreement from Eels fans that your mob will trounce us. We've been seeing your kind in here for 11 weeks.... you talk it up big and then at the end of the day you f**k off into the sunset and don't come back.
another week, another troll but its fun to throw their dribble back in their faces after we win i still remember the dragon fan who said they would beat us by 50 in week 1 :lol:

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Typical arrogant Victorian, i bet you we're this confident in 2006 as well. And we all know how that turned out.........

Trojan

Juniors
i still remember the dragon fan who said they would beat us by 50 in week 1 :lol:

The Dragons aren't The Storm.

The Colonel said:
Do you know what is truly amazing? The fact that you are on here trying to get an agreement from Eels fans that your mob will trounce us

Trying to get an agreement? Hardly. Couldn't care less if you agree or not. Which I suppose begs the question "Why am I here?" There is a pretty easy answer to that to.... To try and work out how you guys think you're going to beat Melbourne.

So far the only real answers are:

1. "We have played hard tough footy over the last few weeks whereas Melbourne have had an easy run"

2. "The Sydney crowd will be worth a few points"

3. "We beat them last time we played we'll do it again"

4. "The Storm can't stay at Parramatta like they usually can"

5. "The Eels want it more"

(I would like to point out that NONE of the above are direct quotes they just stand out as the repeated things Eels fans are saying)

Let me debunk them.

1. Yes The Eels have had tough games whereas The Storm have demolished teams. This is hardly to your advantage, and if The Eels players run out on the ground thinking that Melbourne will be soft due to their easy run then the game will be over before it starts.

2. If Melbourne score the first couple of tries then the crowd will be silenced. I am pretty sure no-one from the crowd has ever scored a try for any side in the history of NRL. (Correct me if I am wrong)

3. Yep you beat Melbourne. The week after Origin. 18 - 16. At Parramatta. Incredible.

4. The Storm have been thrown out of whack a bit by not being able to stay at the same place. Remind me again where Parramatta where staying the last 3 years for the Grand Final? Which of the 2 teams are going to be more overawed by the situation?

5. This is such a load of crap. No team goes out on to the ground wanting it less than any other team.

I just can't see how The Eels are going to win this game. Inglis will own against Grothe down that wing.....

The Colonel

Immortal
Trying to get an agreement? Hardly. Couldn't care less if you agree or not. Which I suppose begs the question "Why am I here?" There is a pretty easy answer to that to.... To try and work out how you guys think you're going to beat Melbourne.

So it's just a big ego trip.... my teams better than your team and all that. Hey, that's cool. If you want to think it will be a walk in the park and that helps you sleep better at night, you do that. We aren't under any illusion that what happens on Sunday night will be easy.....

The Dragons aren't The Storm.
i never said they were, i was just referring to another troll who was boasting about his team and how they would smash us and who faded into the sunset when we won

why the hell do you care if we think we will win or not?

So far the only real answers are:

1. "We have played hard tough footy over the last few weeks whereas Melbourne have had an easy run"
apart from round 26 every game the eels has played for over 2 months has in effect been sudden death if we lost one game we would not have finished eighth we are very used to high pressure games by now

2. "The Sydney crowd will be worth a few points"
storm fans dont know what a real crowd is your little social club will be outnumbered 8 to 1 bring earplugs so you dont get deafened by the parra chant
3. "We beat them last time we played we'll do it again"
ok i'll give you this one, last time we played wasnt a grand final so it can hardly be a fair comparison
4. "The Storm can't stay at Parramatta like they usually can"
unless they get lost on the way to the stadium i'll give you this one too
5. "The Eels want it more"

(I would like to point out that NONE of the above are direct quotes they just stand out as the repeated things Eels fans are saying)
actually this one is a direct quote from me and i stand by it
Let me debunk them.

1. Yes The Eels have had tough games whereas The Storm have demolished teams. This is hardly to your advantage, and if The Eels players run out on the ground thinking that Melbourne will be soft due to their easy run then the game will be over before it starts.
why is it hardly to our advantage? we have had to fight hard for our wins in high pressure games often only taking the lead in the last 20 minutes after absorbing pressure on our line id say its a huge advantage
2. If Melbourne score the first couple of tries then the crowd will be silenced. I am pretty sure no-one from the crowd has ever scored a try for any side in the history of NRL. (Correct me if I am wrong)
if the crowd goes silent that faint voice you hear in the background will be me starting the parra chant again
3. Yep you beat Melbourne. The week after Origin. 18 - 16. At Parramatta. Incredible.
its ironic that was the game that started our winning run and now both teams are facing each other in the grand final but thats as far as it goes
4. The Storm have been thrown out of whack a bit by not being able to stay at the same place. Remind me again where Parramatta where staying the last 3 years for the Grand Final? Which of the 2 teams are going to be more overawed by the situation?
agree its a nothing issue
5. This is such a load of crap. No team goes out on to the ground wanting it less than any other team.
i'll say it once AGAIN we haven't won the comp in 23 years! we haven't even played in a grand final for 8 years! cayless and hindmarsh aren't getting any younger, this might be their last chance to win a premiership
go tell hindy winning this game means no more to him than the storm players, let me know how the food is in hospital ;-)

I just can't see how The Eels are going to win this game. Inglis will own against Grothe down that wing.....
lucky for us reddy is on that side too :D

Last edited:

Trojan

Juniors
^^ Great post. I still disagree that The Eels want it more. I also disagree with the fact that The Eels are more used to high pressure games then Storm. (Despite the fact I don't think this will be a high pressure game :) ) 3 GF's in a row, a plethora of finals and some new rivalries that now ensure hard fought games each round we play them mean that The Storm know exactly how to play High Pressure football.

As for Inglis V Grothe and Reddy.....Reddy would want to be at 100% this week if The Eels are any chance. Grothe is a weak link, on the flip side Melbourne don't have a weak link.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
^^ Great post. I still disagree that The Eels want it more. I also disagree with the fact that The Eels are more used to high pressure games then Storm. (Despite the fact I don't think this will be a high pressure game :) ) 3 GF's in a row, a plethora of finals and some new rivalries that now ensure hard fought games each round we play them mean that The Storm know exactly how to play High Pressure football.

As for Inglis V Grothe and Reddy.....Reddy would want to be at 100% this week if The Eels are any chance. Grothe is a weak link, on the flip side Melbourne don't have a weak link.
Keep telling yourself that you might believe it. Finch cough cough..........

Ridders

Coach
pointer_jarryd_saturn-pointer__192x128.jpg

Juniors
bump... anyone else read the article on leaguehq that says this comment drove the storm? big mouthed osbourne stick that in ur gob

Juniors
losers ahahahahahaha storm 09 champions, keep on crying, i noticed im running my mouth and you have ALL stopped, hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.