What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The guy who hit hutch is a cowardly flog and I hope someone punctures his lung and says sorry to him.

I hope old mate ( out for 10 weeks they say) is able to sue his ass off.

Lucky it was the roosters, knee one of our players like that and your flog would be lying next to Hutch in the ambulance.

I know where your players drink and I might go up to the flog and when he’s not looking, stick my finger up at him and make a rude face.

Dirty mongrel of a thing he his. Feral douche bag.
I agree mate. It was a merkin act and he should get a lengthy suspension.

I agree mate. It was a merkin act and he should get a lengthy suspension.

Thanks Gary, I’m interested in the defences proffered. I’m still waiting for one I think is valid.

The club and player apology ( was good) is in line with an admission of guilt, so it’s hard to defend if those involved put their hands up.

The go at me is just a deflection, not very interesting.

The lu roosters fans would treat me as as un-comfortable bed fellow at best -given my antecedents of laying into them.

crocodile

Bench
Thanks Gary, I’m interested in the defences proffered. I’m still waiting for one I think is valid.

The club and player apology ( was good) is in line with an admission of guilt, so it’s hard to defend if those involved put their hands up.

The lu roosters fans would treat me as as un-comfortable bed fellow at best -given my antecedents of laying into them.

The admission of guilt is popular simply because of the ridiculous situation whereby a player who challenges gets a higher penalty for the same act.

Gronk

Staff member

Love to hear the reasons why Dylan is a cowardly flog. It suggests intent to harm with mallice. Do you really think that the Brown set out to injure Drew Hutchison ? The real reason why the tackle ended up ugly is that Brown did pull out of the tackle. He just did a bad job of it.

E01gzodVkAQa8Ah

The player and the club have made full and frank admissions of guilt.

446EC7DA-6E3B-4CD2-B94D-56C1972A1F88.jpeg
To suggest that he was trying to pull out is ludricrous.

Its reminiscent of Hayne forming the view that an utterance of “ I’m not guilty” as he was led away was going to lead her honour to remark:

“ Oh after that insight, I must now find the defendant not guilty and dismiss the charges. What are your legal costs Mr Hayne?”

Swallow your pride, stop your personal abuse and and just admit it was wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The player and the club have made full and frank admissions of guilt.

View attachment 48340
To suggest that he was trying to pull out is ludricrous.

Its reminiscent of Hayne forming the view that an utterance of “ I’m not guilty” as he was led away was going to lead her honour to remark:

“ Oh after that insight, I must now find the defendant not guilty and dismiss the charges. What are your legal costs Mr Hayne?”

Swallow your pride, stop your personal abuse and and just admit it was wrong.
Of course he was trying to pull out. If it was intentional he'd be getting a lot more than a couple of weeks. It was reckless/careless, not malicious.

You're just trolling now. Nobody here is saying that the end result did not deserve suspension.

No I’m not trolling at all Mod Sir.

Some Panelists are making excuses and trying to derogate from and minimise his culpability.

The ridiculous narrative that it was somehow an accident or it’s not as bad as it looked.

It was a dog act and people should just clear their conscience and tell the f**king truth.

If I wanted to troll, you’d know about it and would’ve gunned me down by now Sir.

When is sending a guy to hospital and potentially killing him good footy? He should be out for the season as a minimum.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No I’m not trolling at all Mod Sir.

Some Panelists are making excuses and trying to derogate from and minimise his culpability.

The ridiculous narrative that it was somehow an accident or it’s not as bad as it looked.

It was a dog act and people should just clear their conscience and tell the f**king truth.

If I wanted to troll, you’d know about it and would’ve gunned me down by now Sir.

When is sending a guy to hospital and potentially killing him good footy? He should be out for the season as a minimum.
You've made what I think is a valid point. I doubt too many on here will agree with it though.

You've made what I think is a valid point. I doubt too many on here will agree with it though.

I appreciate it Gary.

I didn’t believe for a moment that it was going to be a popular view and I didn’t enter into the field of battle looking for friends.

To be moved to the swamp indicates a low level of tolerance and in my view it’s not what the forum should be about.

Rest assured I won’t be coming back to eels lu in a hurry. Disappointing, there’s some good souls here.

But It was a very dangerous and unnecessary play. There was a boot close to the head.

Thanks again and look after yourself.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think it was careless, reckless and stupid. He needs to have a good hard look at himself as a player on the field and as a role model off the field.
Send him up to Brisbane for a week for some life lessons.

Lesson 1: How to ride a lime scooter.

Eelogical

Referee
Send him up to Brisbane for a week for some life lessons.

Lesson 1: How to ride a lime scooter.
Yeah/nah. The guy really needs to go back to his roots, and not the ones in the dunny. I'm not going to death ride the guy but he's under pressure just like all players are in their respective teams. I think he has talent, but that will hopefully become more evident with maturity. In the meantime, dude has to stop believing his own hype and learn from his mistakes. Parra Pete would call it a good hard kick up the arse. Is it appropriate for a boomer to say "dude"?

Suitman

Post Whore
I appreciate it Gary.

I didn’t believe for a moment that it was going to be a popular view and I didn’t enter into the field of battle looking for friends.

To be moved to the swamp indicates a low level of tolerance and in my view it’s not what the forum should be about.

Rest assured I won’t be coming back to eels lu in a hurry. Disappointing, there’s some good souls here.

But It was a very dangerous and unnecessary play. There was a boot close to the head.

Thanks again and look after yourself.

I also agree with you, but not quite to the extent you have claimed - (Could have potentially killed him)? Yes in theory, but highly unlikely.
It was reckless and stupid and dangerous. At the time, in the moment it happened, it looked bad. I've not changed my opinion on that since looking at many replays. At the time, I thought he at least should have been binned or even sent.
Most players saving tries these days dive in to try and get a hand under the ball and lift the player. They don't go in knees first. His approach was appalling and he has a lot to learn. It was a dangerous play.
Finally, if this had happened to an Eels player, the majority of comments here would be completely different. I'm not sure why some here are defending him.

I also don't know why your posts have been sent to The Swamp.

hindy111

Post Whore
Geez I thought Easts fans would at least be articulate! I guess between this and their forward pack that’s two myths busted in 24hrs..

Mik reckons most Rooster fans tend to be the real odd bots from Penrith and Windsor who wanted to follow a wining side due to never winning anything in their own life and where glory chasers back when Panthers where a poorly run as a club.

Eelogical

Referee
Mik reckons most Rooster fans tend to be the real odd bots from Penrith and Windsor who wanted to follow a wining side due to never winning anything in their own life and where glory chasers back when Panthers where a poorly run as a club.
Let's get real. A Roosters fan wouldn't have anything to do with Penrith.

Eelogical

Referee
Thanks.

View attachment 48346

It can be fatal and you can die quite quickly. Unlikely as you say, but a much greater risk than if you weren’t hit.

On top of the chest damage was broken ribs and related issues.

35% of patients have a reoccurrence and treatments include operations and drugs.

Young people can die as well, hutch might keel over at any time in the future.

Its a very nasty injury and the pain is indescribable (as we saw).

The moderator didn’t like my posts and thought I should be kept away from mainstream discussion.

The said incident wrecked the game. I can handle rough play and even a brawl, but that was another level of malice and/or risk. Shithouse.
OK, thanks. We all agree that it was a blight on the game, time to move on. Drown (3 weeks), Marata (2 weeks) according to the NRL's website. No doubt we'll be grubbed' for some time to come but I have never thought that to be the case when it comes to the Eels in general. Again, time to move on.....