What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A treble of injuries to key men Corey Norman, Danny Wicks and David Gower compounded Arthur's woes.

Playing fullback in the absence of the injured Reece Robinson, Norman went down in the 60th minute with a knee injury that could sideline him for a month.

A standout for Parramatta at both five-eighth and fullback this year, Arthur said the loss of Norman would be a huge blow for the club.

"We'll have to have scans, but I'm not sure," he said.

"They're saying (it's a PCL strain), so that's better than an ACL."

Arthur said prop forward Wicks might have played his last game of the year after hurting his shoulder early in the second half.

"He's been carrying that (injury) for a long time now, it's at the stage where he can't lift it, so he's probably an operation now," he said.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/07/18/injuries-cruel-eels-finals-push

whall15

Coach
Says something about how sick of Sandow BA is if he's willing to let him go with Norman potentially out.

whall15

Coach
Something? It says just about everything.

But still, would it be matterson brought up, if allowed? Or Taka to 6?

I was reading an old article by Gus about when the Panthers weren't allowed to select Moylan and the salary cap auditor was telling Cleary where to play players so Arthur mightn't have a choice in the matter. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Wasn't hard to find.

On Friday, acting salary cap auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown delivered instructions to Panthers such as, "Why not play Geoff Daniela at centre and either Dean Whare or David Simmons at fullback" or "Just play Naiqama at fullback and see how that goes".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...jor-problem-20130608-2nwvb.html#ixzz3gCv8nSjC

I was reading an old article by Gus about when the Panthers weren't allowed to select Moylan and the salary cap auditor was telling Cleary where to play players so Arthur mightn't have a choice in the matter. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Wasn't hard to find.

Thanks.

"Just play Naiqama at fullback and see how that goes".
:lol:

SDM

First Grade
Ask Peter Wynn if he employs Stan Jurd, or he just hangs around out the front because he is bored.