What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
f**k me seems these commissioners are acting like a bowling club board

I am already sick of hearing the words " the Arlc needs to look at this"

No David Gallop and his team are in charge of all operational issues

The IC are there for long term strategic direction not rules or day to day shit

taipan

Referee
Roy the Fibro Masters affirmed the $1billion plus Tv deal on the Fumblesiders,when asked.Spelt out his reasons,and reiterated this has been confimed by his various contacts within the industry.

I don't care who gets it now.Just flash the cash,show me the money honey,shoot the loot,blow the load whatever.:C:

I want H posts in every town ,in this country.Preferable one stuck out the front of Vlad's headquarters.

elbusto

Coach
Roy just stated on the Offsiders that the TV deal will require a second Brisbane Team. The networks will demmand it and it makes sense.

Lock in Perth and Brisbane.

docbrown

Coach
he actually said "will be a demand i believe for a second Brisbane side"

I believe there will be one too. It may be neither of the current bid teams though as I think they're both lacking in certains areas. I anticipate the NRL will set out a specific criteria that neither currently achieve and that team will gain entry in 2015 for the final three years of the contract.

I don't know what the whole deal is with Master on Elliott & Mattiske. Gallop was asked to hold off on negotiations and for the sub-committee to take over. It's not like they're doing it behind his back as has been suggested there.

LESStar58

Referee
With or without a second Brisbane side the rights are still worth 1.2 billion. Fox and Nine need rugby league, as Roy pointed out this morning but a 4th Queensland side makes sense as the winning bidder will want to milk the Brisbane market for all its worth.

El Diablo

Post Whore
an excerpt http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...on-stirs-the-pot/story-e6frg996-1226327247388

One gaping hole in Ten's armoury that Mr Warburton will tackle is sports broadcasting rights, after it ditched its AFL matches last year.

Nine is in talks with the NRL as the incumbent rights holder, but Mr Warburton is hoping that after their period of exclusivity ends a multi-screen viewing experience strategy across social media, smartphones, tablets and other new media devices will help him snare some NRL rights for Ten.

"It didn't make sense financially to continue with AFL, but there are some major sports rights up for grabs up until 2014. We will look at everything on an individual basis.

Canucks

Juniors
an excerpt

One gaping hole in Ten's armoury that Mr Warburton will tackle is sports broadcasting rights, after it ditched its AFL matches last year.

Nine is in talks with the NRL as the incumbent rights holder, but Mr Warburton is hoping that after their period of exclusivity ends a multi-screen viewing experience strategy across social media, smartphones, tablets and other new media devices will help him snare some NRL rights for Ten.

"It didn't make sense financially to continue with AFL, but there are some major sports rights up for grabs up until 2014. We will look at everything on an individual basis"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...on-stirs-the-pot/story-e6frg996-1226327247388

Can I marry this article up with this one that was posted here the other day by Goddo:

Ten, Facebook explore alliance

TEN Network and Facebook are in advanced talks about forging a strategic alliance in which the two media companies would share content, audiences and advertising revenue, sources have confirmed.
Such a deal would see Facebook emerge as the digital entity that would allow Ten to go to market with a full suite of media assets to sell to advertisers.

Does this mean Murdoch has got Facebook involved in the TV rights?

That would be groundbreaking... :shock:

My imagination runs sometimes but I think thats kinda what those articles suggest?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Can I marry this article up with this one that was posted here the other day by Goddo:

My imagination runs sometimes but I think thats kinda what those articles suggest?

What, that NRL games would be broadcast live on Facebook? Such a setup would strongly favor the NBN (National Broadband Network), which the Murdochs are trying so desperately to avoid. So no, I doubt that's what they mean.

docbrown

Coach

The Facebook thing is more about using social networks to promote the network's programming. As the programme airs you can comment live, get special exclusives etc rather than having to drudge through the network's webpage/forums.

Also you would notice 10 advertising popping up in facebook...

Goddo

Bench
It is interesting though where its all heading.

Over the next decade, anyone who has a remote interest in content will look to become a "broadcaster" in some sense of the word. Facebook, Youtube, the NRL, TV, pay TV, newspapers... its all getting blured.

Probably won't see a lot of medium change this TV deal, but the next one will be facinating.

docbrown

Coach
It is interesting though where its all heading.

Over the next decade, anyone who has a remote interest in content will look to become a "broadcaster" in some sense of the word. Facebook, Youtube, the NRL, TV, pay TV, newspapers... its all getting blured.

Probably won't see a lot of medium change this TV deal, but the next one will be facinating.

Inside Business were discussing Foxtel on Sunday and one analyst predicted that Foxtel might lose up to 50% of its audience within 5-10 years.

Hence the need to secure popular live sports coverage.

DMS

Juniors
I hope fox don't get the exclusive rights, i hear that they have put a guaranteed 1.2 billion dollars on the table.....

nqboy

First Grade
I hope fox don't get the exclusive rights, i hear that they have put a guaranteed 1.2 billion dollars on the table.....
Not sure what you mean. Some footy will be on FTA so Fox won't get an exclusive. And what's the $1.2B you're talking about? That can't be just the Fox offer, surely.

Canucks

Juniors
12 Days until the deadline for the initial offer from 9 & Fox Sports.

Will they announce what the offer is or will it be more months of behind the scenes dealings?

Status
Not open for further replies.