What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Front-Rower

First Grade
After the C7 fiasco does any one believe that 7 will on sell rights to FOX if they happen to take the rights? If they do it will be a very large premium.

Deep down 7 will be out for some form of pay back to FOX in regards to league coverage and the sinking of their C7 channel.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
After the C7 fiasco does any one believe that 7 will on sell rights to FOX if they happen to take the rights? If they do it will be a very large premium.

Deep down 7 will be out for some form of pay back to FOX in regards to league coverage and the sinking of their C7 channel.

Lots of water under the bridge, but Stokes burned 100 mill of his own dosh on that case. An extra 250 mill over 5 years to bury nine and fox would be a small premium to pay and I would love to see it.

Burn Nein you merkins.

I'd get a tatt of Kerry Stokes inside a love heart and "Kerry Forever" written underneath if he flicked these parasites and put Ray Warren, Ray Hadley and Gould out to pasture.

firechild

First Grade
If 7 were to get all games and then not onsell a big chunk of it to Fox I'd be as happy as a pig in sh*t. Fox's coverage is decent but buggered if I'm paying for 60 channels of crap just so that I can watch a few games of NRL each week for 7 months of the year.

Cee 7

Juniors
For those that hate Channel 9, here is some fuel to add to the fire.

Cameron Williams gave a progress score of the Test Match in 9's 6pm News.

docbrown

Coach
For those that hate Channel 9, here is some fuel to add to the fire.

Cameron Williams gave a progress score of the Test Match in 9's 6pm News.

Did he add "We do rugby league best. P.S. f**k you guys!" at the end of it?

Love Channel 9........7:40pm, in an ad break after we had to have Sterlo thank everyone for a Logie. By the time the anthems and haka is done, it will be 7:50pm............sigh

Canucks

Juniors
Were they playing elevator music over the NZ team list??

It was hey, what was that? at least they did away with those annoying sound effects when each player seemed to arrive from the future like the terminator.....

In fairness to nine they have produced tonights game 'like' it was live....

Even though half time seemed to go for an hour.... The Sunday game and the second Friday game are unwatchable so glad they at least held off on this one.... City Country will be dogshit

If the NRL decided to stage Sunday games at 4pm Nine would have to broadcast live wouldnt they?

beave

Coach
Why the f**k wasn't the city country game tonight so that it could have been live on tv and the test played on sunday arvo so it too could have been live on telly??? The scheduling is just moronic.

docbrown

Coach
If the NRL decided to stage Sunday games at 4pm Nine would have to broadcast live wouldnt they?

If/when they get complete control of the scheduling again they can set it whenever they want and the network just has to follow suit.

Even if they wanted a night time clash, they could have scheduled it for Saturday night as one-off but 9 wouldn't want to lose the audience (less people watch TV on Saturdays in general).

I swear that music sounded like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8FCLT8S6A

Last edited:

Canucks

Juniors
Fri TV: #NRL 914k + 84k (GEM) Total metro 998k – Syd 516k Mel 15k/73k (GEM) Bri 365k Ade 10k/11k (GEM) Per 8k #NZvAUS

http://twitter.com/#!/mediaweekaus

Awesome ratings for the test. I guess that means they won't cancel it, I don't mind the test anyways - So you can add approx 50%-60% for the regionals ratings there and we will probably pull in between 1.4 & 1.6 million viewers for a 2 hr delayed game.

I think NZ will eventually pull even with Australia and the tests will get up there with Origin. Alot of positives.

Canucks

Juniors
If/when they get complete control of the scheduling again they can set it whenever they want and the network just has to follow suit.

Even if they wanted a night time clash, they could have scheduled it for Saturday night as one-off but 9 wouldn't want to lose the audience (less people watch TV on Saturdays in general).

I swear that music sounded like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8FCLT8S6A

Yeah the music almost compelled me to make small talk - 'Friday finally'

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hard to believe only 8k watched it in Perth. Even given it was on at 5:30 when most are sat in traffic or having Friday drinks, no advertising and on ghost channel gem, ther are 100k kiwis plus same again from nsw and q'land people living here. RLW fans need to get some tv rating boxes, I know at least 10 families who watched it without a box, there's 40k on the stats if they had boxes!

docbrown

Coach
It will be interesting next year when games get simulcast.

Obviously ratings will go up because of greater options - but - this year the AFL ratings getting published are the FTA Metros combined with the STV National figures (so regional FTA figures are getting neglected to the detriment of the NRL's popularity perception and a skew to the AFL).

However - next year with simulcasting the regional subscription numbers for the NRL will be combined in the same way. Given that the Austar uptake in regional NSW & QLD is very large and the vast majority of those with Austar will choose that coverage over FTA, a game like last night will be able to boast another 250k viewers at least in a way in which the anti-NRL brigade will find it hard to dismiss.

Interesting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts