What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LESStar58

Referee
I can't believe people believe this ten year bullshit!

There'd be a lynchmob after the IC if they even entertained it.

beave

Coach
no one believes it mate.......... well those with more than 2 brain cells at least.........

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Looks like Nine, might be adding the ratings together based on the game, not the time slot, are they willing to burn their ratings chances, to reduce the price of NRL ???

This is one of the lowest FNF ratings figure for a few years...

Fri TV: Seven #1 24.8% 7News 1.12m 9News 1.03m #TheBlock 1.03m TT1m ABCNews 851k ACA 840k Fisher 829k #AFL 760k 10News 693k #NRL 515k

twitter.com
https://twitter.com/#!/MediaweekAUS/status/196007428595269635

El Diablo

Post Whore
Looks like Nine, might be adding the ratings together based on the game, not the time slot, are they willing to burn their ratings chances, to reduce the price of NRL ???

This is one of the lowest FNF ratings figure for a few years...

Fri TV: Seven #1 24.8% 7News 1.12m 9News 1.03m #TheBlock 1.03m TT1m ABCNews 851k ACA 840k Fisher 829k #AFL 760k 10News 693k #NRL 515k

twitter.com
https://twitter.com/#!/MediaweekAUS/status/196007428595269635

there is something strange about the ratings as 134k for a live Broncos game in Brisbane doesn't seem right http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/friday-27-april-2012.html

especially against the Titans

eg they got 308k v the Raiders http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/friday-13-april-2012.html

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
there is something strange about the ratings as 134k for a live Broncos game in Brisbane doesn't seem right http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/friday-27-april-2012.html

I agree, it would have to be the lowest Broncos FTA game on record ever...

Unless Ch 9 have screwed around with the naming of the program, which ensured the actual game being counted in this figure was the 7.30pm NSW + the 9.30 Qld game

The figure of 134k is indicative of a 9.30pm game in Qld

Am I being cynical to think 9 would orchestrate this event, to drive down the figures thus help in their negotiating... ???

user_nat

Coach
I imagine 9 and the other networks would have full access to all the ratings. So I can't see how it would help drive down the price, since they can still see what it rated total.

Only hides the figures from people on the internet really.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I imagine 9 and the other networks would have full access to all the ratings. So I can't see how it would help drive down the price, since they can still see what it rated total.

precisely

the games is always listed as live FNF but not for last night

El Diablo

Post Whore

David Knox April 28, 2012 at 12:50 pm -

There is also a figure of 311,000 in Brissy for Nine’s Live Friday Night Football. Remember these are Preliminary only.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/friday-27-april-2012.html#comments

docbrown

Coach
Provincial Singlet-ball is a rubbish sport, and will be phased out after all the white baby boomers die off (80% of your fan base)....

True. AFL's average age will keep getting higher until it flatlines........

If you read between the line $1b will be agreed upon its just a matter of deal length, earlier in the week speculation stated 5-7 or even 10 years.

You're repeating a typo and passing it off as inside news. :lol:

Doc..
Will the IC announce (Next wk) that they have not signed with 9 & are going to consider other bids.:D:D?
Or will they let 9 spit the dummy & squeal?

& if that happens ,then i suspect Fox have a plan to co bid with 10.
Bye bye 9:lol::lol:

docbrown

Coach
Doc..
Will the IC announce (Next wk) that they have not signed with 9 & are going to consider other bids.:D:D?
Or will they let 9 spit the dummy & squeal?

& if that happens ,then i suspect Fox have a plan to co bid with 10.
Bye bye 9:lol::lol:

I think it might Monday week because 9 & Fox couldn't meet with the NRL to start it until 8th of Feb.

So that would be the 90 days, unless I've miscalculated there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
By 2015 the nrl will blow afl figures off the park, even not including rep/soo games. Here's why:
Extra game per round live on fta +24million
2 new teams, brisbane2 increasing the q'land audience and Perth bringing in a new audience +6 million
All fta games live nationally adding significant increases in 3 capital cities+12million
Massive marketing of the game funded with our new wealth ?million

After expansion we could be seeing 40million+ viewers added to our capital city annual figures!

Neatoboy

Juniors
Haha busted

Mate you need a girlfriend, who has time for an alter ego

Provincial Singlet-ball is a rubbish sport, and will be phased out after all the white baby boomers die off (80% of your fan base)....
Do you have a source for your 80% baby boomers claim?

After expansion we could be seeing 40million+ viewers added to our capital city annual figures!

I hope you are right. I rarely watch the Sunday game as it's full of ads and not live, but would watch it more if it was live on free to air.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
If they end up with the Monday game on fta that would also increase audience by a fair bit. Could we end up with 5 games on fta following expansion and 4 games exclusive to fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts