What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc do you happen to know the guy serving it up to the Cattery on the Rah re NRL TV rights?.;-) I have an inkling.
Yeh good to see a few regulars like CC get some backup..;-)
That poor db swannie fella only gets one in ten posts through.
Yet the AFL nutters can post whatever they like.

elbusto

Coach
There is open discussion now occurring about the game definitely getting in excess of 200 million dollars a year. The Optus decision seals it.

It is game on!

elbusto

Coach
:D I like the cut of your jib.

Thanks mate. One billion is guaranteed now - it is just a matter of how much more.

With Clubs having nearly a nine million dollar salary cap just watch us attract elite athletes to our great game.

I think the big loser will be Union.

We will be competing with AFL on equal terms now.

Thanks mate. One billion is guaranteed now - it is just a matter of how much more.

With Clubs having nearly a nine million dollar salary cap just watch us attract elite athletes to our great game.

I think the big loser will be Union.

We will be competing with AFL on equal terms now.
Yeh will be interesting watching the AFL fanclub bitch & cry ,when we take them on without one hand tied behind our back..

docbrown

Coach
There is open discussion now occurring about the game definitely getting in excess of 200 million dollars a year. The Optus decision seals it.

It is game on!

Considering that the NRL has been run on $83 million a year I'm genuinely excited about what another $120-$170 million dollars a year will do.

elbusto

Coach
Considering that the NRL has been run on $83 million a year I'm genuinely excited about what another $120-$170 million dollars a year will do.
70 Million will be swallowed a year in player payments I reckon. That leaves plenty to build the game and extend it's reach. The AFL have shown us what you can do with that sort of cash - waste it!

We need to have a big focus on game growth throughout the whole region including NZ, Tonga, Samoa etc.

We need to get elite athletes into our game in every Club. Buying the best and developing the best at the same time - like the NFL.

And many of the Clubs need to become far more professional than they are now. They are still run like Clubs and not businesses.

docbrown

Coach
70 Million will be swallowed a year in player payments I reckon.

Well I guess that depends on what the deal and salary cap comes out at.

$1b was $5.1 million a year per club
= $91.8 million for players
= $9 million for additional club grants
= $99.8 million for everything else

$1.2b was $5.9 million
= $106.2 million for players
= $124.8 million for everything else

Surely if they were operating on a $125 million per year budget they could target all the main areas -

* Membership subsidies
* Marketing
* Offset grassroots insurance premiums
* Local grass roots in traditional areas
* Grass roots in non-traditional states
* International grass roots
* Marquee interstate and international player concessions
* Stadium board buyouts through ground improvements
* Property and asset investment
* Corporate hospitality
* Club stabilisation
* Future funds

etc

elbusto

Coach
Well I guess that depends on what the deal and salary cap comes out at.

$1b was $5.1 million a year per club
= $91.8 million for players
= $99.8 million for everything else

$1.2b was $5.9 million
= $106.2 million for players
= $124.8 million for everything else

Surely if they were operating on a $125 million per year budget they could target all the main areas -

* Membership subsidies
* Marketing
* Offset grassroots insurance premiums
* Local grass roots in traditional areas
* Grass roots in non-traditional states
* International grass roots
* Marquee interstate and international player concessions
* Stadium board buyouts through ground improvements
* Property and asset investment
* Corporate hospitality
* Club stabilisation
* Future funds

etc
I also think we are on the cusp of the next great wave of change in the game.

The Clubs will acquire bigger sponsors and guarantee higher exposure for them.

The players will become even greater athletes and the general athleticism of the sport will increase seeing a change in the way the game is played.

The game will get further and further away from Rugby Union (thank goodness) and will become a distinct entity - getting rid of scrums would be a good start.

In my opinion the ARLC should start thinking about how the game will evolve in the next ten years and alter the laws to allow those changes to come on more quickly.

And there needs to be a massive commercial campaign to demonstrate what a great game League is. The AFL has been working on a massive campaign of spin in an attempt to put itself every where you look.

The weakness in the AFL is that it shits itself when it thinks it has a competitor. It has a track record of doing so. That is what comes from being a strange little game played in only half a country.

Our strength is that we have survived every challenge and we are resilient.

Just watch the AFL advocates go into a mad panic when they realise we ain't that easy to knock over.

taipan

Referee
Yeh good to see a few regulars like CC get some backup..;-)
That poor db swannie fella only gets one in ten posts through.
Yet the AFL nutters can post whatever they like.

And heaven forbid I have an inkling who CC is.I see him regularly.:shock:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't forget there is also naming rights up for grabs, betting income set to dramatically rise and the savings from Arlc running the game. There is a potential $30 million a year extra income!

We should be operating on somewhere around $250-280million by next season. Still significantly less than AFL but a damn sight more than now.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
70 Million will be swallowed a year in player payments I reckon. That leaves plenty to build the game and extend it's reach. The AFL have shown us what you can do with that sort of cash - waste it!

We need to have a big focus on game growth throughout the whole region including NZ, Tonga, Samoa etc.

We need to get elite athletes into our game in every Club. Buying the best and developing the best at the same time - like the NFL.

And many of the Clubs need to become far more professional than they are now. They are still run like Clubs and not businesses.

Well said mate. On all counts.

In-goal

Bench
Don't forget there is also naming rights up for grabs, betting income set to dramatically rise and the savings from Arlc running the game. There is a potential $30 million a year extra income!

We should be operating on somewhere around $250-280million by next season. Still significantly less than AFL but a damn sight more than now.

How much could they possibly be making a year?

docbrown

Coach
Hmm... interested to see if this disappears again...

code 13 said | April 29th 2012 @ 8:48pm | Edit your comment. (Up to 10 minutes available to edit.) | Report comment Cattery, either yourself or another AFL nutter had my original post deleted (perhaps because I refered to your suspect mental state) – either way here is the original post I had on here yesterday
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...broadcast-ruling/story-e6frg7mf-1226261249384
I’m waiting for you to admit that Paul Ehrlich also lives on your lonely little island…

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/04/28/league-big-winner-in-optus-court-ruling/#comment-873030

docbrown

Coach
This one makes no sense at all.

Why would they go all out to buy a major sport and not show it on their main channel?

It's illogical.

It's likely that this Cattery fellow trolls on here as well, so just in case you're reading this - you're a f**king genius and there's reason why you don't work in television!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.