What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers + Raiders Thread

All round who do you think played better this year?

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers

• Neither

• Both played well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davester

Juniors
Chippo Raiders said:
Most Boring game this year was round 1 Tigers against the Sharks 12-6, my God I lived through that day just...... and we may be more boring but we were a better team all up in 2004 than the Tigers.

I see there's a lot of heated comments thrown back and fourth between Tigers and Raiders supporters but I'd like an all round opinion on this.

Do you agree to the Quote mentioned above?

Also there's a poll to go with. Who performed better regardless of the ladder finish?

No hard feelings.

Cheers!

Raider Azz

Bench
I would say Raiders, based soley on the fact that they made the 8th and the Tigers didn't.

The Tigers did play well this year though and were unlucky to miss the 8.

Davester

Juniors
Off topic but do the Raiders have an official forum? just wondering, no reason behind the question

Eddie.

Bench
Look the tigers played better then the Raiders this season, im sure most raiders fans will happily admit this.

For this is nothing to be proud of if your a Tigers fan as the facts remain The Raiders made the 8 no matter how lucky or boring everyone is percieving them to be and the Tigers didnt. Some will blame the tigers bad luck with refs or whatever but the facts remain if we could of won just 1 out of last 3 we would of been in, only ourselves to blame.

So as far as im concerned Canberra fans have the bragging rights. All up though both these teams have already started preps for 2005 so lets just FORGET ABOUT 04!!!, and let the healthy Tigers Raiders forum rivalry kick off again in 05 when the teams meet again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
not that im aware of.
But yes canberra were the better team this year, we more of the oppertunities that were presented to us, the tigers did not make shit of their oppertunities hence they missed the top 8, while we snuck in. Be it only for one round but we were a better team in 04, the table shows its

IMO the tigers showed more, but delivered less.

**waits for excuses about luck, injuries and bad ref calls when in reality over the corse of a season, it evens out**

Eddie.

Bench
thats fair enough raider 69 and as i have said we only had ourselves to blame as we couldnt win just 1 out of last 3.

But, bad ref calls didnt even up for us this season, its a simple fact, we lost 3 or 4that are ruined by the refs (not including the shane hayne game - canberra would of won abyway that night) but it doesnt matter anyway as a finals team would of taken advantage of the opportunities at the edn of the year, there was no luck involved there, just poor play from the tigers.

Davester

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
not that im aware of.
But yes canberra were the better team this year, we more of the oppertunities that were presented to us, the tigers did not make sh*t of their oppertunities hence they missed the top 8, while we snuck in. Be it only for one round but we were a better team in 04, the table shows its

**waits for excuses about luck, injuries and bad ref calls when in reality over the corse of a season, it evens out**

You hate the Tigers for some reason don't you?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Davester said:
Raider_69 said:
not that im aware of.
But yes canberra were the better team this year, we more of the oppertunities that were presented to us, the tigers did not make sh*t of their oppertunities hence they missed the top 8, while we snuck in. Be it only for one round but we were a better team in 04, the table shows its

acually before running into a few wankers on here that follow the tigers they were my 2nd team, and i still have a soft spot for them, i like to see the tigers do well but if its at the expence of canberra then they can burn in hell :twisted: :lol:

Mate i dont hate the tigers, i dislike alot of their fans here, especially those moronic clowns who claimed "its not O'Donnells fault Monaghan has a glass jaw" - they know who they are.

The above is all true, if the tigers were a better team they would have made the 8, they didnt, those are the facts, there was no luck, injuries or bad ref excuses for the last 3 rounds so you blokes have no one to blame but yourselves. Most you fans although incredably moronic, are at least smart enough to relise that.

As i said, the raiders made more of their oppertunities than the tigers and thats why we were the better team in 04

Davester

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Davester said:
Raider_69 said:
not that im aware of.

acually before running into a few wankers on here that follow the tigers they were my 2nd team, and i still have a soft spot for them, i like to see the tigers do well but if its at the expence of canberra then they can burn in hell :twisted: :lol:

Mate i dont hate the tigers, i dislike alot of their fans here, especially those moronic clowns who claimed "its not O'Donnells fault Monaghan has a glass jaw" - they know who they are.

The above is all true, if the tigers were a better team they would have made the 8, they didnt, those are the facts, there was no luck, injuries or bad ref excuses for the last 3 rounds so you blokes have no one to blame but yourselves. Most you fans although incredably moronic, are at least smart enough to relise that.

As i said, the raiders made more of their oppertunities than the tigers and thats why we were the better team in 04

Fair enough then

Tigerpete

Juniors
Damn straight the tigers win this. After all the raiders only crawled in because the tigers couldnt do it themsleves, which is more a case of the raiders being the beneficiaries of something, not so much through their own self. Had the Tigers had half the luck the raiders had in 04, we wouldnt've finished 8th but rather higher. Dont deny it raiders.

RifRaf

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Davester said:
Raider_69 said:
not that im aware of.

Nice thick skin you've got their mate.. :lol: Your arguement is about as tough as Monaghan's jaw!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tigerpete said:
Damn straight the tigers win this. After all the raiders only crawled in because the tigers couldnt do it themsleves, which is more a case of the raiders being the beneficiaries of something, not so much through their own self. Had the Tigers had half the luck the raiders had in 04, we wouldnt've finished 8th but rather higher. Dont deny it raiders.

Thank you for proving why canberra were better, we took that oppertunity and made it work for us, you blokes needed to win 1, 1 bloody game from 3 and you didnt.
when the pressure was on, the tigers cracked! they had their destiny in their own hands and they absolutely butched it, when it was do or die they didnt have it in them to pull it off, and when the pressure was on for canberra, when we were on a knifes edge we turned it on and put on our best attacking display of the season.

Its not quantum physics

simon says

First Grade
Cant waut to see the Raiders this year.....they look the goods to me,they have lost nobodies and are bringing through champeens that are better than Lockyer and Joey............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course the Tigers were better than the Raiders this year,we were also worse.SO we were better and worse than the BORING Raiders.....

Voted THE most boring side in the comp by a landslide by LU forum users.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
RifRaf said:
Raider_69 said:
Davester said:
Raider_69 said:
not that im aware of.

Nice thick skin you've got their mate.. :lol: Your arguement is about as tough as Monaghan's jaw!

or in contrast about as tough as Benji shoulder :roll:
idiot

Simon we maybe boring, but boring has taken us to the 8... i bet your coach and team and well yea... alot of your fans would kill to be as 'boring' as us :lol:

At least if we dont make it next year we wont have to worry about copping shit cause with your team, there is no way in hell you blokes will make it either

Status
Not open for further replies.