What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers + Raiders Thread

All round who do you think played better this year?

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers

• Neither

• Both played well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RifRaf

Juniors
I hear No-Doz are sponsoring the Raiders next year in an effort to keep the players and coaching staff awake..

RifRaf

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
RifRaf said:
Raider_69 said:
Davester said:
Raider_69 said:
not that im aware of.
But yes canberra were the better team this year, we more of the oppertunities that were presented to us, the tigers did not make sh*t of their oppertunities hence they missed the top 8, while we snuck in. Be it only for one round but we were a better team in 04, the table shows its

IMO the tigers showed more, but delivered less.

**waits for excuses about luck, injuries and bad ref calls when in reality over the corse of a season, it evens out**

You hate the Tigers for some reason don't you?

acually before running into a few wankers on here that follow the tigers they were my 2nd team, and i still have a soft spot for them, i like to see the tigers do well but if its at the expence of canberra then they can burn in hell :twisted: :lol:

Mate i dont hate the tigers, i dislike alot of their fans here, especially those moronic clowns who claimed "its not O'Donnells fault Monaghan has a glass jaw" - they know who they are.

The above is all true, if the tigers were a better team they would have made the 8, they didnt, those are the facts, there was no luck, injuries or bad ref excuses for the last 3 rounds so you blokes have no one to blame but yourselves. Most you fans although incredably moronic, are at least smart enough to relise that.

As i said, the raiders made more of their oppertunities than the tigers and thats why we were the better team in 04

Nice thick skin you've got their mate.. :lol: Your arguement is about as tough as Monaghan's jaw!

or in contrast about as tough as Benji shoulder :roll:
You said mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I like the way these tigers fans are talking shit and trying to turn this into a slanging match. Clearly they are a pack of idiots that know that have nothing in ways of proving the tigers were the better team this year, cant win in a footy debate? why not try to win slanging match ay guys

You blokes have got nothing... this pack of clowns cant talk footy if their lives depended on it! Someone get Davester back in here, at least that guy dosnt dribble shit

tiger_nick

Bench
Sorry Davester this is a stupid poll.

As much as it kills me you have to say the Raiders. At the end of the day there are results and excuses. Their results were better, our excuses are better. I know which I'd prefer.

P.S I have tipped them for the wooden spoon next year! ;-)

RifRaf

Juniors
Raider 69... What a pussy! Listen to the Bitch whine... "talking sh*t and trying to turn this into a slanging match" "Clearly they are a pack of idiots" I think the debate ended when you started the shit slinging loser... I got better things to do than listen to pansys trying grow up..... Pussy....

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
the defence rests.
rifraf cant handle a footy discussion cause he dosnt know shit.
the majority of tigers although annoying, can talk footy, obviously your not one them so on ya bike
hooroo rif raf, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out :)

As ive said, the tigers showed alot more potential at various parts of the season but in the end they didnt deliver as much as canberra did, thats why we finished higher on the table and thats why we made the 8 and the tigers missed out

but the tigs did cop the wrong end of the stick a number of times, but so did Nth Qld and they still managed to go well so really not much of an excuse there

thickos

First Grade
Immortal said:
Let's not forget all the times Tigers got ripped-off :evil:

Thats football. If the Tigers fans can't get over the fact they bombed again then that is not my problem.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
who cares, both teams were poor as far as im concerned. Fans of both teams should be dissapointed in their team. Canberra for just playing poorly with no passion for most of the year and Tigers for not taking their opportunities at the end when it mattered.

Davester

Juniors
thickos said:
Davester too many polls mate. This topic has been done to death.

Yeah that's true. It would have been better if there was a poll only option.

Oh well...

woodgers

Bench
What a waste of time this is. I watched quite a few Tigers games this year and I agree they were hard done by. Further to that, Hayne, Simpkins and Lyons stuffed us up a few times this year as well (Melbourne and Warriors away come to mind)

Maybe the Tigers played better than the Raiders this season, who is to say? All I know is that the Tigers came 9th which was an improvement on what they have dished up in the past. In my opinion Tim Sheens should call 04 a success. As far as the Raiders are concerned, we scraped into the 8 and could not have had a more disasterous season. We need to put 04 behind us after leading the comp for most of 03.

I don't really care what most fans think anyway. I had a good laugh at the predictions for 2005 thread, most fans having no clue at all. The Raiders prefer the 'backs to the wall' attitude anyway so I hope everyone picks us for last

Greenblooded

Juniors
Who gives a shit either way, both teams finished in the bottom half off the table and didn't deserve to go any further, I for one have been gutted with the raiders performance this year and felt we never deserved to be in the finals, but then again I never thought the Tigers deserved to be there either.

The Whippet

Juniors
I think that the Raiders will finish with the spoon.

Tigers will be interesting, don't think top 8 but they have some interesting young players who they will showcase. Plenty of potential but probally finish the same as this year in my opinion.

hrundi99

First Grade
Raiders didn't play the way they are capable of playing on a consistent basis.

Tigers played about as well as could be expected.

The Raiders are a more talented team.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I find it a tad amusing how a few Raiders fans jump on the "we finished in the 8" argument. Having more losses than wins is hardly a successful year. Canberra may have finished one position higher on the ladder and the teams were 1-1 during the regular season, but both were ordinary. However, Tigers seem to be moving forward, something not apparent in the Capital. Tiges will have their number this year IMO, if that means anything, which it doesn't.

thickos

First Grade
tiger pride said:
I find it a tad amusing how a few Raiders fans jump on the "we finished in the 8" argument. Having more losses than wins is hardly a successful year. Canberra may have finished one position higher on the ladder and the teams were 1-1 during the regular season, but both were ordinary. However, Tigers seem to be moving forward, something not apparent in the Capital. Tiges will have their number this year IMO, if that means anything, which it doesn't.

The irony is that the Tigers have had their best season ever. Yet they still only get to 10-14 and miss the eight.

Canberra were pathetic in stages this season (I'll admit that) and yet we still had enough runs on the board to make the semis.

The Raiders have been to 15 of the past 19 finals series - some clubs just know how to make the semis. The Broncos are masters of it.

If we have you guys covered when that is the best you can do... that doesn't speak volumes for the Tigers does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.