What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers + Raiders Thread

All round who do you think played better this year?

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers

• Neither

• Both played well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tigerman

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
I would say Raiders, based soley on the fact that they made the 8th and the Tigers didn't.

The Tigers did play well this year though and were unlucky to miss the 8.

if you didnt bribe the ref in round 17 it would have been the other way around

thickos

First Grade
King Tigerman said:
Raider_Azz said:
I would say Raiders, based soley on the fact that they made the 8th and the Tigers didn't.

Cry me a river champ, boo hoo :lol: :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
woodgers said:
What a waste of time this is. I watched quite a few Tigers games this year and I agree they were hard done by. Further to that, Hayne, Simpkins and Lyons stuffed us up a few times this year as well (Melbourne and Warriors away come to mind)

Maybe the Tigers played better than the Raiders this season, who is to say? All I know is that the Tigers came 9th which was an improvement on what they have dished up in the past. In my opinion Tim Sheens should call 04 a success. As far as the Raiders are concerned, we scraped into the 8 and could not have had a more disasterous season. We need to put 04 behind us after leading the comp for most of 03.

I don't really care what most fans think anyway. I had a good laugh at the predictions for 2005 thread, most fans having no clue at all. The Raiders prefer the 'backs to the wall' attitude anyway so I hope everyone picks us for last
Well said as usual woodgers :clap:

King Tigerman said:
Raider_Azz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not even worth a response.

simon says

First Grade
Funny that the bloke who reffed that game hasnt been seen in first grade again.....I guess its easier to not respond than to admit the truth eh...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
Funny that the bloke who reffed that game hasnt been seen in first grade again.....I guess its easier to not respond than to admit the truth eh...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats cool, we wont bribe the ref and you blokes can leave the thugs at home... so instead of 14 V 13, it will be our 17 v your 5 or 6
:roll:

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Geez, don't you Tiger diks ever stop whinging. Was this thread made to try and achieve some sort of satisfaction for yourselfs because you were kicked out of the 8 with Canberra's win? :D :lol:

this has been a great season for the tigers if we win the close games next year we could be in the 8
losing 8 games by 8 points or less and roosters/nth qld and dragons were the only team too really win by 10 or more points

as for the raiders we have had some great games against each other nearly every game so far has ended with the tigers getting screwed :p

rnd 3 2002 : tigers one metre out form the line down 15-4 with 30 mins too go one of the tigers gets up too play the ball only too have it stripped and what happens refs call it a knock on

rnd ? 2003 : raiders jump out too a 16-0 lead after 15 mins tigers come back to 28-26 pearson offloads a awesome ball too clayton but it was ruled forward with a few secs to go

rnd ? 2004: tigers 13-3 pentaly count but still only lose by 8

i cant wait too see what happens next year :p

Raider Azz

Bench
There's always been a rivalry between Tigers and Raiders fans... I don't think it will change any time soon :lol:

RABK

Referee
There recent games have been spiteful and marred by controversy. You cant half tell it rubs off onto the forum.

Raider_69

Post Whore
nice to see jol caine skipped over Ol Dirty Bastard's cheap and nasty shot that all but ended Monaghans season :roll:

nice to see jol caine skipped over Ol Dirty Bastard's cheap and nasty shot that all but ended Monaghans season

yes that too but u guys could of still kept monaghan no need too blame o'donnell for him not getting another contract with the raiders blame elliott for that :roll:

RABK

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
nice to see jol caine skipped over Ol Dirty Bastard's cheap and nasty shot that all but ended Monaghans season

yes that too but u guys could of still kept monaghan no need too blame o'donnell for him not getting another contract with the raiders blame elliott for that :roll:

Where did raider say anything about the shot finishing his career with the raiders? He said season.

The Whippet

Juniors
How can the Raiders improve realistically?

Like the forward pack for example. We all saw what they were like when the were without Ruben Wiki, they couldn't go forward at all. Plus they have lost another good prop in Luke Davico. Plus Michael Weyman is always on the sideline. Since State of Origin Ryan O'Hara has been crap, constantly been hammered and pushed backwards.

The halves once again are very poor. Jason Smith :? Plus knowing Matt Elliott how he will never make a change won't give Todd Carney or Terry Campese a decent chance.

The backs, they are a bit better. The centres are weak except for Adam Mogg. The wings have a bit of talent. Clinton Schifcofske always leads from there back, probally there best player.

So really how can we expect to see Canberra make any real impression?

Raider Azz

Bench
The centres are weak except for Adam Mogg.
How can you say that when we have Phil Graham plus new signings Craig Frawley and Jermine Ale all competing for a centre spot?

tiger_nick

Bench
One thing too note is that if there was no golden point the Wests Tigers would have made the semis in place of the Raiders!

Damn golden point :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.