What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Misanthrope

Staff member
That was, without exagerration, the best PPV I've seen this year. It just worked from start to finish. With the exception of a disappointing Monster's Ball - that card just worked. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I'll rate it:

LAX vs. XXX in Ultimate X for Tag Contendership
What an awesome, awesome way to open the show. The Atlanta crowd were right behind this match from the beginning, and both teams gave it their all. I was especially impressed with Hernandez. The guy could main event if he had the right management - he is one of the most skillful big guys I've seen. Some sick spots.
RATING: ****

Fight for the Right Battle Royal
A stupid concept. Sixteen start outside the ring and the match starts when eight get in. Then it's a battle royal until two remain, and these two fight out a normal match. The eight are seeded based on when they're eliminated, so ostensibly the winner gets the easiest match.

The clash was decent, gave some guys a chance to get on PPV, I guess. The Motor City Machine Guns stole the show but Young went over. Nothing special.
RATING: **

Team Pacman (c) vs. AJ Styles & Tomko
Pacman was subbed out for someone named Consequences Creed. I was dubious at first, but this kid can go. I have absolutely no idea who he is. He's built like Elijah Burke and works a match like a seasoned spot monkey. Did some very cool things, as did Styles and Killings. A pretty good match that finished with the straps coming to Styles/Tomko.
RATING: **1/2

Christopher Daniels vs. Jay Lethal (c) for the X Division Title
The X-Division has felt a little stale to me of late, but I was spoiled by beginning my fandom at a time when the title was being fought over by Daniels, Styles, and Joe near constantly. The clash itself was quite good, but I'm not a huge fan of Lethal. He's charismatic and works a good match - but I just can't dig him. He goes over. A good bout, but nothing remarkable.
RATING: ***1/2

Best 2/3 falls table match: The Steiners vs. The Dudleys
This was just a good, old fashioned brawl. The Steiners, particularly Scott, turned back the clock in this one. Seeing Scott hit a frankensteiner to put Bubba through a table was just awesome, and the overall feel of it was good. You believed that these guys hated one another. The only blemish on the match was the need for the Motor City Machine Guns to distract The Dudleys and allow Scott to recover. Seemed to take away from the match.
RATING: ***

Knockout Gauntlet: Amazing Kong vs. Gail Kim vs. Roxxi Laveaux vs. Jackie Williams vs. Ms. Brooks vs. Talia Madison vs. ODB vs. Angel Williams vs. Shelly Martinez vs. Christy Hemme
Holy-f**king-sh*t. WWE, please take note. This is what women's wrestling can look like when you're not using silicone inflated managers made to play at being wrestlers. A ten woman Royal Rumble with only one case of high pitched screaming (and that through a f**king brutal torture rack from Amazing Kong on Christy Hemme). Who stood out? Gail Kim obviously, because she became the first TNA Knockout Champion. Talia Madison and Angel Williams both had flashes of quality. Roxxi Laveaux is a f**king goddess. But Amazing Kong stole the f**king show. She might never make it in the WWE (a 6'1", 250 pound black woman) but f**k, can she go. She hit powerbombs, the most brutal torture rack I've ever seen, and a bunch of other power moves. Actually disappointed that she didn't go over. But kudos to TNA - they've got two divisions that the WWE doesn't have now.

Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage
Classic. The crowd was just alive for this one. These two are the future of the company, and I hope TNA management understand that. I probably would have had Cage go over, because his two year unpinned/unsubmitted streak is the kind of rub you can give to a good up and comer. But if Joe's clean win leads to a renewed main event push, I'm all for it. But Cage... man, the WWE dropped the ball on him. He's the complete package.
RATING: ****1/2

Monster's Ball: Black Reign vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Rhino
You can skip this. The most disappointing Monster's Ball of the three they've done. Rushed and not particularly impressive. Abyss goes over. Raven's lost a lot of weight. He looks like Raven again. Yay.
RATING: * 1/2

Kurt Angle (c) vs. Sting
I felt like I was watching an old WCW or WWF main event. The fans were on for this one as well. Great idea to take it down to Atlanta, where so many guys have their roots. The fans were tremendous all night. Sting really can go for an old guy. Angle is awesome too - reminds me that despite him being batsh*t crazy, he can still wrestle. He hit a 450 knee drop from the top rope - I'm not f**king kidding. Totally gratuitous, but righteous all the same. Interference from Kevin Nash and Karen Angle marred this a bit, but given they'd done so well to keep run ins low all night, I guess I can accept them blowing their wad here.

They gave the fans their feel good ending. Sting winning despite heavy interference and cheating from Angle and his team. Hopefully this run is better than the last.

Overall: A f**king awesome PPV. I've been jaded with wrestling these past few months because both companies had been producing utter sh*t. Hopefully Bound for Glory kicking so much ass is the sign of changes at TNA headquarters. With the buzz about Angle and his friends trying to usurp Jarrett and his friends at the top - it could well be the turning of the proverbial tide.

slaytera

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
That was, without exagerration, the best PPV I've seen this year. It just worked from start to finish. With the exception of a disappointing Monster's Ball - that card just worked. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I'll rate it:

LAX vs. XXX in Ultimate X for Tag Contendership
What an awesome, awesome way to open the show. The Atlanta crowd were right behind this match from the beginning, and both teams gave it their all. I was especially impressed with Hernandez. The guy could main event if he had the right management - he is one of the most skillful big guys I've seen. Some sick spots.
RATING: ****

Fight for the Right Battle Royal
A stupid concept. Sixteen start outside the ring and the match starts when eight get in. Then it's a battle royal until two remain, and these two fight out a normal match. The eight are seeded based on when they're eliminated, so ostensibly the winner gets the easiest match.

The clash was decent, gave some guys a chance to get on PPV, I guess. The Motor City Machine Guns stole the show but Young went over. Nothing special.
RATING: **

Team Pacman (c) vs. AJ Styles & Tomko
Pacman was subbed out for someone named Consequences Creed. I was dubious at first, but this kid can go. I have absolutely no idea who he is. He's built like Elijah Burke and works a match like a seasoned spot monkey. Did some very cool things, as did Styles and Killings. A pretty good match that finished with the straps coming to Styles/Tomko.
RATING: **1/2

Christopher Daniels vs. Jay Lethal (c) for the X Division Title
The X-Division has felt a little stale to me of late, but I was spoiled by beginning my fandom at a time when the title was being fought over by Daniels, Styles, and Joe near constantly. The clash itself was quite good, but I'm not a huge fan of Lethal. He's charismatic and works a good match - but I just can't dig him. He goes over. A good bout, but nothing remarkable.

Best 2/3 falls table match: The Steiners vs. The Dudleys
This was just a good, old fashioned brawl. The Steiners, particularly Scott, turned back the clock in this one. Seeing Scott hit a frankensteiner to put Bubba through a table was just awesome, and the overall feel of it was good. You believed that these guys hated one another. The only blemish on the match was the need for the Motor City Machine Guns to distract The Dudleys and allow Scott to recover. Seemed to take away from the match.

Knockout Gauntlet: Amazing Kong vs. Gail Kim vs. Roxxi Laveaux vs. Jackie Williams vs. Ms. Brooks vs. Talia Madison vs. ODB vs. Angel Williams vs. Shelly Martinez vs. Christy Hemme
Holy-f**king-sh*t. WWE, please take note. This is what women's wrestling can look like when you're not using silicone inflated managers made to play at being wrestlers. A ten woman Royal Rumble with only one case of high pitched screaming (and that through a f**king brutal torture rack from Amazing Kong on Christy Hemme). Who stood out? Gail Kim obviously, because she became the first TNA Knockout Champion. Talia Madison and Angel Williams both had flashes of quality. Roxxi Laveaux is a f**king goddess. But Amazing Kong stole the f**king show. She might never make it in the WWE (a 6'1", 250 pound black woman) but f**k, can she go. She hit powerbombs, the most brutal torture rack I've ever seen, and a bunch of other power moves. Actually disappointed that she didn't go over. But kudos to TNA - they've got two divisions that the WWE doesn't have now.

Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage
Classic. The crowd was just alive for this one. These two are the future of the company, and I hope TNA management understand that. I probably would have had Cage go over, because his two year unpinned/unsubmitted streak is the kind of rub you can give to a good up and comer. But if Joe's clean win leads to a renewed main event push, I'm all for it. But Cage... man, the WWE dropped the ball on him. He's the complete package.
RATING: ****1/2

Monster's Ball: Black Reign vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Rhino
You can skip this. The most disappointing Monster's Ball of the three they've done. Rushed and not particularly impressive. Abyss goes over. Raven's lost a lot of weight. He looks like Raven again. Yay.
RATING: * 1/2

Kurt Angle (c) vs. Sting
I felt like I was watching an old WCW or WWF main event. The fans were on for this one as well. Great idea to take it down to Atlanta, where so many guys have their roots. The fans were tremendous all night. Sting really can go for an old guy. Angle is awesome too - reminds me that despite him being batsh*t crazy, he can still wrestle. He hit a 450 knee drop from the top rope - I'm not f**king kidding. Totally gratuitous, but righteous all the same. Interference from Kevin Nash and Karen Angle marred this a bit, but given they'd done so well to keep run ins low all night, I guess I can accept them blowing their wad here.

They gave the fans their feel good ending. Sting winning despite heavy interference and cheating from Angle and his team. Hopefully this run is better than the last.

Overall: A f**king awesome PPV. I've been jaded with wrestling these past few months because both companies had been producing utter sh*t. Hopefully Bound for Glory kicking so much ass is the sign of changes at TNA headquarters. With the buzz about Angle and his friends trying to usurp Jarrett and his friends at the top - it could well be the turning of the proverbial tide.

I agree with every single word in this review.
BFG was freaking awesome!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the DVD

brandell

Juniors
Just curious cause I don't watch TNA but when was the last time cage main evented? I mean I know he was hot when he went there but that is becasue he was hot in the WWE. Is he getting proper time or how are they using him?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is he getting proper time or how are they using him?

He's probably not being used right at the moment, been stuck in the upper midcard for a few months from what I can tell. His match with Joe stole the show, so hopefully with Sting winning the gold - he'll be one of the contenders down the line.

Once Dead

Bench
Misanthrope said:
He's probably not being used right at the moment, been stuck in the upper midcard for a few months from what I can tell. His match with Joe stole the show, so hopefully with Sting winning the gold - he'll be one of the contenders down the line.

He did have a very good / somewhat lengthy run with the title when it was still the NWA World Heavyweight Title and he's never far from high profile matches....you can't always have him in the main event, like Joe, or else you burn the fans out but I'm happy.....these two are brilliant

f**kING AWESOME PAY PER VIEW!!!!

My ratings of the matches:

LAX v Triple X = 3.5/5. I enjoyed this match a hell of alot. Hernandez f**ken owned! Liked Senshi's double foot stomp too. Homicide was a little underutilised but it was an awesome opener.

Battle Royal = 2/5. Terrible. Though the MCMG double team was awesome. And VKM didnt win, so thats a plus.

Team Pacman v AJ/Tomko = 3/5. I enjoyed this match surprisingly. This guy Consequences is awesome, love the Truth & Consequences, it has a ring to it. AJ obviously did his thing, and Tomko was ok. Thank f**k Pacman is gone.

Daniels v Lethal = 3/5. Solid bout, not many spots, but some great wrestling, and when you have Daniels in a match, its going to impress. Lethal wins again, Im getting a little sick of Black Machismo I must admit.

Steiners v Dudleys = 3.5/5. I f**kING loved this match! The intensity was fantastic, some great brawling and nice table bumps. MCMG interfering means they're gonna get more tv time.

Womens Battle Royal = 3.5/5, Agree with CWB. Amazing Kong & Gail Kim = f**king awesome. How good was that torture rack?

Joe v Christian = 5/5. Match of the year without a doubt. The intensity, the promos leading up to it and the match quality is what TNA has lacked for the past 6 months. Welldone to both competitors, you've madewrestling fans eevrywhere proud to be supporters.

Monsters Ball = 1/5. Black Reign sucks. Period. Raven looked in fantastic shape though, and the glass bump from Abyss was nice.

Angle v Sting = 4/5. Fantastic match, fantastic build up. Great in ring work and that 450 was f**king sick! Sting takes the title, and finally we as fans have no clue where they are gonna go from here.

Wonderful pay per view. THIS IS WRESTLING FOLKS!!!

Ari Gold

Bench
Manurewa_Marlins said:
f**kING AWESOME PAY PER VIEW!!!!

My ratings of the matches:

LAX v Triple X = 3.5/5. I enjoyed this match a hell of alot. Hernandez f**ken owned! Liked Senshi's double foot stomp too. Homicide was a little underutilised but it was an awesome opener.

Battle Royal = 2/5. Terrible. Though the MCMG double team was awesome. And VKM didnt win, so thats a plus.

Team Pacman v AJ/Tomko = 3/5. I enjoyed this match surprisingly. This guy Consequences is awesome, love the Truth & Consequences, it has a ring to it. AJ obviously did his thing, and Tomko was ok. Thank f**k Pacman is gone.

Daniels v Lethal = 3/5. Solid bout, not many spots, but some great wrestling, and when you have Daniels in a match, its going to impress. Lethal wins again, Im getting a little sick of Black Machismo I must admit.

Steiners v Dudleys = 3.5/5. I f**kING loved this match! The intensity was fantastic, some great brawling and nice table bumps. MCMG interfering means they're gonna get more tv time.

Womens Battle Royal = 3.5/5, Agree with CWB. Amazing Kong & Gail Kim = f**king awesome. How good was that torture rack?

Joe v Christian = 5/5. Match of the year without a doubt. The intensity, the promos leading up to it and the match quality is what TNA has lacked for the past 6 months. Welldone to both competitors, you've madewrestling fans eevrywhere proud to be supporters.

Monsters Ball = 1/5. Black Reign sucks. Period. Raven looked in fantastic shape though, and the glass bump from Abyss was nice.

Angle v Sting = 4/5. Fantastic match, fantastic build up. Great in ring work and that 450 was f**king sick! Sting takes the title, and finally we as fans have no clue where they are gonna go from here.

Wonderful pay per view. THIS IS WRESTLING FOLKS!!!

Good point, i would've expected Angle to retain and have Nash backstab him or something, but now we have Sting as champion with several possible challenges; Nash, Angle and even Christian.

Good stuff.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Though the MCMG double team was awesome

I pray to God they never go to the WWE. They'd be watered down and wasted. Alex Shelley is a future main eventer, size aside. He's got it all.

Once Dead

Bench
Misanthrope said:
I pray to God they never go to the WWE. They'd be watered down and wasted. Alex Shelley is a future main eventer, size aside. He's got it all.

They would end up as London and Kendrick Pt II........with the only spots allowed being spots where they take themselves out and no one else, I swear, seeing Kendrick absolutely poleaxe himself for a simple spot, landing face down on the outside of the ring was an example of Vince's dumb idea of 'wrestling'

Ari Gold

Bench
all matches are on youtube now, but be quick they'll be taken off soon i reckon.

Ultimate X and Cage/Samoa Joe are must watch.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd recommend the Knockout Gauntlet as well. The difference between that and what the WWE classifies as women's 'wrestling' is insane

Ridders

Coach
watched the matches of youtube and i have to say, after that, i'm going to buy every TNA PPV that comes out, what an insane show. I loved everyone of the matches, hell even the chix match shat on alot of the work the WWE men have come up with this year. Btw is that Gail Kim chick the one who was on WWE a couple of years ago?

Samoa Joe and Christian was top sh*t, that part when christian was jumping in from the apron to the ring, and Joe then kicked him back to where he came from, loved it.

Sting and Angle was good cept i was dissapointed Angle lost. Never seen Angle do a 450 b4, crazy stuff.

Ari Gold

Bench
Ridders said:
watched the matches of youtube and i have to say, after that, i'm going to buy every TNA PPV that comes out, what an insane show. I loved everyone of the matches, hell even the chix match shat on alot of the work the WWE men have come up with this year. Btw is that Gail Kim chick the one who was on WWE a couple of years ago?

Samoa Joe and Christian was top sh*t, that part when christian was jumping in from the apron to the ring, and Joe then kicked him back to where he came from, loved it.

Sting and Angle was good cept i was dissapointed Angle lost. Never seen Angle do a 450 b4, crazy stuff.

:lol: Oh the lies...

Misanthrope

Staff member
In general, I find most TNA PPVs offer more appealing cards in terms of match quality. It just depends on the guys involved and the stipulation as to whether I'll buy or not. Conversely, the last WWE PPV I considered buying was Wrestlemania.

Misanthrope

Staff member
TNA Mobile has apparently sent out a message containing a list of guys that the company is negotiating with to bring on, either as full time talent, or for guest appearances. Here's the list:

Sean Waltman (X-Pac)
Giant Bernard (Albert, and Tomko's tag partner in NJPW)
Scott Hall (Who has apparently lost a great deal of weight since starting to work again down in Puerto Rico)
Sabu
Booker T
Psycho Sid/Sid Vicious
Scott Taylor (Scotty 2 Hotty)
Brian Christopher (Grandmaster Sexay)
Rob Van Dam
2 Cold Scorpio

Ridders

Coach
Ari Gold said:
:lol: Oh the lies...

Lol maybe an exaggeration, i was sorta caught in the moment of having just recently watched it.

Still this PPV has definitely opened my eyes to TNA, first full TNA PPV i've watched, albeit via youtube. Will definitely make more of an effort to what their shows.

Ari Gold

Bench
Misanthrope said:
TNA Mobile has apparently sent out a message containing a list of guys that the company is negotiating with to bring on, either as full time talent, or for guest appearances. Here's the list:

Sean Waltman (X-Pac)
Giant Bernard (Albert, and Tomko's tag partner in NJPW)
Scott Hall (Who has apparently lost a great deal of weight since starting to work again down in Puerto Rico)
Sabu
Booker T
Psycho Sid/Sid Vicious
Scott Taylor (Scotty 2 Hotty)
Brian Christopher (Grandmaster Sexay)
Rob Van Dam
2 Cold Scorpio

Only those 4 would be good signings.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think the only bad signings on that list would be Scotty and Lawler. Bernard is one of the best big men in the world right now, and his work in Japan is absolutely sensational. He's relatively taint free from his WWE run, having had success abroad since leaving.

Sabu can still work a good match, and he's also relatively non-WWE due to his past with both them and ECW.

Scorpio would make a great X-Division veteran, and is also not closely associated with the WWE.

And Sid? Well, Sid's just f**king hilarious.

Ari Gold

Bench
Misanthrope said:
I think the only bad signings on that list would be Scotty and Lawler. Bernard is one of the best big men in the world right now, and his work in Japan is absolutely sensational. He's relatively taint free from his WWE run, having had success abroad since leaving.

Sabu can still work a good match, and he's also relatively non-WWE due to his past with both them and ECW.

Scorpio would make a great X-Division veteran, and is also not closely associated with the WWE.

And Sid? Well, Sid's just f**king hilarious.

Am i right in thinking Bernard was Big Albert from the WWE?

Latest posts