What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Bumble

First Grade
Gimme A Shell Yeah!

rsgfmzcpol72tp3ers5.gif

Roode was the top heel in TNA with the feud with Booker. IMO

You're forgetting that at the time, Angle was fueding with Joem, Christian and before that Sting, so Id consider him top. Roode was starting to go over, and then they killed his heat when they stretched the fued with Booker out too long.

Don't be bagging out Cena when I'm here haha.

Im not bagging him, he's got a good work rate and does his best for management, and sells t-shirts. Im bagging the way he's been used for the last four years.

facedown

Juniors
You're forgetting that at the time, Angle was fueding with Joem, Christian and before that Sting, so Id consider him top. Roode was starting to go over, and then they killed his heat when they stretched the fued with Booker out too long.

Im not bagging him, he's got a good work rate and does his best for management, and sells t-shirts. Im bagging the way he's been used for the last four years.
Well Angle, but I meant from Heel Heat from the crowd and stuff like that.

Angle has always been the top heel in that manner, and now he is getting the most heat with the AJ feud.

f**k I am loving this feud.

Yeah i know, it was a joke mate, and what you said was entirely true.

I liked the thug gimmick, but the army type gimmick wasn't nearly as good.

I liked him when he was fueding with Angle, that produced some great matches and great promos.

Another guy they could be using is Eric Young. This guy is a very good worker, from his days in Team Canada, to the time he filled in for Scott Hall after he no showed in that 6 man tag at (Genisis was it? or Final Resolution?). But they give him stupid f**king gimmicks, that ARENT over, and insult the fans.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The booking is second rate that's for sure, but TNA have a great roster. It's a shame about the deadwood and lame gimmicks, especially considering guys like Low-Ki/Senshi, Killings, the Naturals, and Harris aren't there instead.

Right now Booker, the Dudleyz, Angle, and Tomko are the main heels. All former WWE guys. I'd love to see Joe, Styles, Daniels, Kaz and Lethal take them on. The first three especially have played a big part in TNA's success. Joe, Styles and Daniel fighting alongside each other would be great.

facedown

Juniors
I liked him when he was fueding with Angle, that produced some great matches and great promos.

Another guy they could be using is Eric Young. This guy is a very good worker, from his days in Team Canada, to the time he filled in for Scott Hall after he no showed in that 6 man tag at (Genisis was it? or Final Resolution?). But they give him stupid f**king gimmicks, that ARENT over, and insult the fans.

Which one were you talking about an Angle feud?

Definitely, he is great in-ring, and the geniused Eric Young thing is lame, but watchable, but Super Eric is way too far.

The booking is second rate that's for sure, but TNA have a great roster. It's a shame about the deadwood and lame gimmicks, especially considering guys like Low-Ki/Senshi, Killings, the Naturals, and Harris aren't there instead.

Right now Booker, the Dudleyz, Angle, and Tomko are the main heels. All former WWE guys. I'd love to see Joe, Styles, Daniels, Kaz and Lethal take them on. The first three especially have played a big part in TNA's success. Joe, Styles and Daniel fighting alongside each other would be great.
Well I don't think Daniels will "come back" for a while, and I can see a big tag team match involving the likes of Joe, AJ, Christian and others.

Don't forget Christian putting TNA on the map, when he came, things went up from there.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Well I don't think Daniels will "come back" for a while, and I can see a big tag team match involving the likes of Joe, AJ, Christian and others.

Don't forget Christian putting TNA on the map, when he came, things went up from there.

No I don't think he'll come back either, which really annoys me.

I hadn't forgotten about Christian, but I'd like to see him go a seperate way for the moment. Booker, Angle, Christian, and Joe would be the top dogs right now. I'd like to see a few more TNA home grown talent get pushed ahead and for the moment that would mean Cage drops into the background. Might seem harsh on Cage, bt it would be great for him t help elevate other talent.

I'd like to see Cage and Rhino go after Tag gold, along with Robert Roode actually putting his Million Dollar man type gimmick to good use and hiring the Motor City Machine Guns (turning them heel.) A three way feud between LAX, MCM, and Cage and Rhino would be great, with a few singles matches thrown in as all 6 wrestlers in those tag teams can go in singles competition as well as Roode, and all of them have potential to break out if given the right push.

The TNA PPVs have been terrible since 2005...I hate it when people come with that bullsh*t, like things have been improving. They havent. Sure, ratings may have gone up .1 or .2, but things havent gotten better.

Which one were you talking about an Angle feud?

Cena v Angle.

Its funny, they're pushed as the main heels, but besides Angle, none of them are over any more than Styles, Daniels, Joe or Kaz. Again, theyre not pushing the right guys.

i really think they should bring back jeff jarrett him and angle would be a great fued

God no.

facedown

Juniors
well the tna roster will get bigger with Abyss

i really think they should bring back jeff jarrett him and angle would be a great fued

They have ruined Abyss, all he is used for is gay feuds.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Jarrett is in management anyway.

No I don't think he'll come back either, which really annoys me.

I hadn't forgotten about Christian, but I'd like to see him go a seperate way for the moment. Booker, Angle, Christian, and Joe would be the top dogs right now. I'd like to see a few more TNA home grown talent get pushed ahead and for the moment that would mean Cage drops into the background. Might seem harsh on Cage, bt it would be great for him t help elevate other talent.

I'd like to see Cage and Rhino go after Tag gold, along with Robert Roode actually putting his Million Dollar man type gimmick to good use and hiring the Motor City Machine Guns (turning them heel.) A three way feud between LAX, MCM, and Cage and Rhino would be great, with a few singles matches thrown in as all 6 wrestlers in those tag teams can go in singles competition as well as Roode, and all of them have potential to break out if given the right push.

No.

Way.

They need to keep doing whatever they are doing.

LAX vs. MCMG

Thats what I want to see.

The TNA PPVs have been terrible since 2005...I hate it when people come with that bullsh*t, like things have been improving. They havent. Sure, ratings may have gone up .1 or .2, but things havent gotten better.

Cena v Angle.

Its funny, they're pushed as the main heels, but besides Angle, none of them are over any more than Styles, Daniels, Joe or Kaz. Again, theyre not pushing the right guys.

God no.
The wrestling I heard was excellent in 2005, but now they have put a lot more promos in, thats why you don't like it in terms to 2005?

Cena and Angle was an awesome feud, but nothing can beat Edge vs. Cena.

Awesome feud there.

True.

Kaz needs a big push, but i am glad to see Joe is finally champ, well deserved.

And Agreed 100% about Jarrett

Im not enjoying TNA nowadays because of their emphasis on WWE guys, when they should be pushing their own talent, who are more over anyway. Their promos are generally ok, but there is too much unnecesary garbage in there. Their matches, whilst deliver better on Impact than Raw/Smackdown/ECW, arent booked right on PPVs, and Iv noticed that their endings in particular need a hell of a lot of work, did anyone see King of the Mountain...ugh...their matches have actually gone down in terms of quality, though they do deliver in some cases. And dont take like Im not anti-WWE, they have this thing called "Psycology" which is code word for headlocks and unnecesary use of clotheslines, so that the undercard can;t showcase how talented they are and potentially take Triple H or Undertaker's job. And thats a fact.

Im just enjoying a lot of Ring of honor, which whilst is going through a transition fase at the moment, is absolutely incredible, and riviting to watch. I suggest you guys check out Age of The Fall. This is what a stable should be. That and Larry Sweeny, who is the greatest manager in wrestling atm.

"Im gonna sign em all up for contracts, and sell em allll up the river to Vince! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

The guy is a genious.

Add on to that Austin Aries, Nigel MCGuiness, Bryan Danielson, The Vulture Squad, No Remorse Corps, The Briscoes and a superb undercard with guys liek KEvin Steen and Claudio Castagnoli, and it is clear who is doing the best with what they have, and who arent.

Ari Gold

Bench
had a look at some of Larry Sweeny's videos and it's quite sad that such a talent has to perform in front of 20 people.

Why don't TNA buy Chris Hero and bryan danielson? 2 great talents.

Ring of Honor draws atleast 700 people everytime, which is more than TNA's house shows. They could easily do Hemmerstein, I believe, if they held a LIVE PPV event. But I agree, the guy is extremely talented, and would slot in easily in TNA or the WWE.

Danielson and Hero would only be used as X Division talents in TNA, and jobbers in the E. At the moment they're honing their craft in the main event in ROH, Japan and indy promotions all over the world. Why would they give that up to job? They're probably earning decent money as it is, but I have no doubt that you'll see both in the majors at some stage, but not yet. Much like Punk, AJ, Daniels and Joe, they'll headline PPVs sooner or later, but then you look at guys like Colt Cabana, who was main eventing ROH shows, and is extremely talented, but is being used as enchancement talent in the E.

Ari Gold

Bench
Ring of Honor draws atleast 700 people everytime, which is more than TNA's house shows. They could easily do Hemmerstein, I believe, if they held a LIVE PPV event. But I agree, the guy is extremely talented, and would slot in easily in TNA or the WWE.

Danielson and Hero would only be used as X Division talents in TNA, and jobbers in the E. At the moment they're honing their craft in the main event in ROH, Japan and indy promotions all over the world. Why would they give that up to job? They're probably earning decent money as it is, but I have no doubt that you'll see both in the majors at some stage, but not yet. Much like Punk, AJ, Daniels and Joe, they'll headline PPVs sooner or later, but then you look at guys like Colt Cabana, who was main eventing ROH shows, and is extremely talented, but is being used as enchancement talent in the E.

I have a feeling that the video i watched wasn't ROH though, check it out for yourself, Larry reminds me a lot of Chris Jericho in this promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez6sL-7_j6Q

Misanthrope

Staff member
Might be interesting to note that, at Slammiversary, it was all TNA originals going over. Petey Williams beat Kaz (who himself is a TNA original who had a brief stint in the WWE), ODB and Roxxi are originals and Gail is largely a TNA product despite a brief run in the WWE. The Beautiful People are TNA originals. LAX are TNA originals going over an established WWE team. AJ Styles is a TNA original going over Kurt Angle. Samoa Joe went over three ex WWE guys and another TNA original in the main event.

They're building.

facedown

Juniors

700?

No way, the ROH videos I have seen have 25o at the most.

But Larry Sweeney would be good for someone like TNA, who are in need of a good manager since they don't knowwhat to do with Father James.

Special K

Coach
I haven't watched or followed ROH since around late 2005 but i'm pretty sure they have already done Hammerstein as long ago as their 1st anniversary show?

Misanthrope

Staff member
TNA need to poach Nigel McGuinness, The Age of the Fall crew, Bryan Danielson, and Larry Sweeney soon.

I'd gun for Hero, Delirious, and a return of Strong/Aries as well.

facedown

Juniors
I haven't watched or followed ROH since around late 2005 but i'm pretty sure they have already done Hammerstein as long ago as their 1st anniversary show?

I have never seen it, but its definitely possible, do you have a article or something that says it?

TNA need to poach Nigel McGuinness, The Age of the Fall crew, Bryan Danielson, and Larry Sweeney soon.

I'd gun for Hero, Delirious, and a return of Strong/Aries as well.

Personally, i'd love NRC to come to TNA as a heel stable.

A man can only dream though.