What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Top 8 will be ...

BWNB

First Grade
Christmas Ape said:
1. Broncos - Mostly unchanged, mostly unbeatable.
2. Bulldogs - Strong, mobile forwards. Under-rated halves.
3. Storm - Will continue their good form.
4. Warriors - Surprise packet. Finished last year well.
5. Dragons - Their whole season rests on FireUpBitch. If he plays 5/8, they'll finish 11th.
6. Roosters - Will get things back on track. Mini back + Stuart gone = Contenders.
7. Raiders - Great young forwards. Other teams and the media take them too lightly.
8. Rabbitohs - Fine recruitment. Fine coach. Stability will do them well.
---------------
9. Knights - Same as every year. It's all on Joey's shoulders.
10. Tigers - No Prince. Fragile 5/8th. No forwards.
11. Cowboys - Smith was on the way out last year at Canberra. He'll last 6 rounds.
12. Eels - Terrible coach.
13. Sea Eagles - Can't see them making a dent. Diver Kennedy got out at the right time.
14. Panthers - Terrible coach. Off field dramas a-plenty.
15. Sharks - Terrible coach. Poor cattle.
16. Titans - 1st year blues. Will improve next year.

O mate take a look at what your saying.
Poor cattle, we have quite a decent forward pack as compared to other teams
A sensational 1/2s combo when they click
and the national coach
MATE PULL YOUR HEAD IN, get out from under that rock!

Disco

Bench
1.Cowboys
2.Storm
3.Manly
4.Bulldogs
5.Bronco's
6.Tigers
7.Dragons
8.Knights

9.Warriors
10.Roosters
11.Souths
12.Parra
13.Raiders
14.Titans
15.Panthers
16.Sharks

Eddie.

Bench
I wouldn't have a clue this season. I have no idea of teams best 17, although i sense not many teams have improved rosters. Anyway...

1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Broncos
4. Panthers
5. Dragons
6. Warriors
7. Tigers
8. Parramatta

9. Cowboys
10. Knights
11. Sharks
12. Manly
13. Raiders
14. Titnans
15. Rabbitohs
16. Roosters

I went through about 13 teams and thought they won't make the 8. So im still pretty confused as to this year. All that appears certain for me is the Storm and Bulldogs will make the Top 4, and the Roosters and Rabbits will be bottom 4.

OVP

Coach
Maroubra Eel said:
Sydney will be fighting it out for the spoon.

But you are an Eel. YOU HAVE BRETT FINCH. Tis almost like you deliberately self-owned yourself :lol:

pantherz9103

First Grade
I might take us out of my 8 after our trial form. Losing 28-6 to a brand new team, not very confidence inspiring. On the other hand Hopefully Elliot is just building us up to something so i'll wait and see.

fatshark

Bench
7. Raiders - Great young forwards. Other teams and the media take them too lightly.
mmm drugs are bad
1. Bulldogs - Have the roster to be right up there again and alswyas very competitive. Asotasi is a loss but Myles sure isn't
very ordinary halves, wont finsh 1st.
manly will suffer without Kennedy
for sure, the bloke pulled the team out of so many holes he won most games for em.

t-ba

Post Whore
pantherz9103 said:
I might take us out of my 8 after our trial form. Losing 28-6 to a brand new team, not very confidence inspiring. On the other hand Hopefully Elliot is just building us up to something so i'll wait and see.

5 year plan ;-)

I find it hard to believe that everyone has the dragons so low, even if Gasnier is at 5/8 they still have a strong 1-5, who can score points

1 Hornby
2 Morris
3 Naqama
4 Cooper
5 Pup

all 5 of them can score the points, Head will do most of the play making and kicking, and Gasnier will play more of a fullback roll, with Hornby playing the 2nd playmaker. top 4 in my opinion.

Nightward

Juniors
Brisbane.

A very strong team with the best coach in the business. With current national representatives (Shaun Berrigan, Karmichael Hunt, Tame Tupou) having to duel for their preferred positions, you know something's going right.

Irritating, but still right.

Warriors.

A solid season last year, and agood team this time around. They were denied entry into the 8 only because of salary cap rorts that weren't effecting the team's current composition. After a good Tri-Nations performance and Grannygate, the Warriors will have some extra, unecessary motivation.

Storm.

Good team, excellent coach, and didn't loose many established players. Will be looking to capitalise on last year's success and should be able to do so.

Bulldogs.

Prennial finalists. Although I don't like them much personally, it's hard to deny they know what they're doing.

Titans

Probably a big call, but things look pretty good so far. Although their forward depth is often criticised, they managed to put the smackdown on the Panthers without their name forward signings, so something there is working. Add a backline with the likes of Walker, Rogers, Prince, and Campbell... pretty positive all round, I'd say.

They should make the Eight, I believe. The last three slots will probably be divided amongst the Panthers, Dragons, Knights, Tigers*, Sea Eagles, and Raiders. At this stage, only those five clubs appear to be ahead of the pack, but that last is a list of proven performers.

I've heard that the Cowboys are having more problems with stuff external to their footy, and given what happened last year, this is probably a signal they're in for another rough year. THey may make the eight, but they'll be pushing it if they do.

The Rabbitohs will collect the spoon. This is the 100th year of League, so it's all about traditions ;)

*Like everyone else, that one comes with the Marshall proviso. Without Prince, their only other go-to man is whatsisname, the Fullback. And since the Tigers don't play like the Knights, one man can't carry the entire team.

TITAN1

Juniors
No particular order..
1.Brisbane
2.Melbourne
3.Nth qld
4.Cronulla
5.Newcastle
6.Bulldogs
7.Manly
8.Titans

This Year?

Immortal

1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Broncos
4. Knights
5. Eels
6. Sea Eagles
7. Dragons
8. Raiders (dunno how, but they just do)

Latest posts