What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Top 8 will be ...

Disco

Bench
Disco said:
1.Cowboys
2.Storm
3.Manly
4.Bulldogs
5.Bronco's
6.Tigers
7.Dragons
8.Knights

9.Warriors
10.Roosters
11.Souths
12.Parra
13.Raiders
14.Titans
15.Panthers
16.Sharks

i would like to revise my 8

1.Cowboys
2.Storm
3.Manly
4.Bulldogs
5.Bronco's
6.Warriors
7.Knights
8.Dragons

Raiders Plight

Juniors
I can't see the titans making the top 8. The forwards look very lackluster outside of bailey and laffranchi, i mean they do have 2 raiders rejects in there.

dice

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
how do u fluke a premiership

You have the NRL change the rules to turn it into touch footy. Funny how last year the Tigers and Cowboys went backwards as soon as the NRL eased up on slowing the play the ball.

NGR

Juniors
1: warriors
2: storm
3: broncos
4: manly
5: dogs
6: cowboys
7: eels
8: roosters

I dont think the knights will make it this year, they rely too heavily on buderus and johns and they are injury prone and getting on...

Shorty

Staff member
dice said:
You have the NRL change the rules to turn it into touch footy. Funny how last year the Tigers and Cowboys went backwards as soon as the NRL eased up on slowing the play the ball.
Funny that the Cowboys didn't appear to be going backward when they were undefeated for quite a few games.
They must have just decided to change the rules whenever they suited huh:lol:

Tom Shines

First Grade
Cowgirl86 said:
Funny that the Cowboys didn't appear to be going backward when they were undefeated for quite a few games.
They must have just decided to change the rules whenever they suited huh:lol:
Yeah, aren't they usually more strict at the beginning of the season with rule changes?
And don't forget the run that the Tigers had with injury last year, especially B. Marshall...

brooksy19

Bench
dice said:

Pretty stupid statement considering the rules apply to both teams playing on a given day. All i know is the 05 Wests Tigers won more games than any side in 05 as well as turning in the most dominant Finals Campaigns in NRL History.

Charlie124

First Grade
dice said:

yeah, slow play the balls is why the cowboys had a bad year :roll:

go have another beer.

petetheileet

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
Pretty stupid statement considering the rules apply to both teams playing on a given day. All i know is the 05 Wests Tigers won more games than any side in 05 as well as turning in the most dominant Finals Campaigns in NRL History.

Dont forget we turned in our worst performance of the year in that prelim final....

lol but what else is new!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
Broncs - I'm tipping them to be the first side to go back to back since they did it in 92-93 [I don't count 97-98]

Storm - still a very talented side but not as effective.

Manly - No more excuses...despite BK not being there they should deliver, arguebly the best backline in the comp.

Warriors - bolters for the top 4..a very strong side.

Saints - they'll be no different to what they've been in previous years, except for the fact that a few teams will surpass them..depth in the forwards could be a concern.

Dogs - will always be there when whips are cracking.

Eels - the usual..moments of brilliance will be backed up moments of mediocrity..depth is a concern also.

Titans - the will scrape in on the back of some brilliant individual performances by Preston and Prince.

:lol: I would've been content with if you said "halves pairing" or "New coach" but one thing we're damn lucky is our first division side, which is probably the best in three years despite loosing the players.

Sorry Eela, but our options this year all around the paddock are alot better then last year, apart from lowrie;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Christmas Ape said:
1. Broncos - Mostly unchanged, mostly unbeatable.
2. Bulldogs - Strong, mobile forwards. Under-rated halves.
3. Storm - Will continue their good form.
4. Warriors - Surprise packet. Finished last year well.
5. Dragons - Their whole season rests on FireUpBitch. If he plays 5/8, they'll finish 11th.
6. Roosters - Will get things back on track. Mini back + Stuart gone = Contenders.
7. Raiders - Great young forwards. Other teams and the media take them too lightly.
8. Rabbitohs - Fine recruitment. Fine coach. Stability will do them well.
---------------
9. Knights - Same as every year. It's all on Joey's shoulders.
10. Tigers - No Prince. Fragile 5/8th. No forwards.
11. Cowboys - Smith was on the way out last year at Canberra. He'll last 6 rounds.
12. Eels - Terrible coach.
13. Sea Eagles - Can't see them making a dent. Diver Kennedy got out at the right time.
14. Panthers - Terrible coach. Off field dramas a-plenty.
15. Sharks - Terrible coach. Poor cattle.
16. Titans - 1st year blues. Will improve next year.

f**king idiot, How is JT a fine coach? Steady Eddie could've taken over the Eels last year and took them there abouts. FFS the guy including trial matched has lost what? 6 straight?

Judge him after a full year before labellling him a fine coach, not after a handful of games. And as for Hagan what a stupid comment, considering he's rated enough to have been chosen QLD Origin coach and took Newcastle to the semis last year.

And last but not least, I hate Ricky with a passion, but any reasonably knowledged fan will realise that Ricky is a fine coach, you do not take sides to three consecutive Gf's by being a terrible coach.

simon says

First Grade
petetheileet said:
Dont forget we turned in our worst performance of the year in that prelim final....

lol but what else is new!

What Bullcrap.......you played as well as you were allowed by the team that smashed everyone they played in the final series.

simon says

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: I would've been content with if you said "halves pairing" or "New coach" but one thing we're damn lucky is our first division side, which is probably the best in three years despite loosing the players.

Sorry Eela, but our options this year all around the paddock are alot better then last year, apart from lowrie;-)

Funny,all Parra fans seem to be pretty confident but to me they look far weaker.I know you have lots of good kids coming through but PL success does not always equate to first grade success.

Morrison and Widders alone are huge losses IMO.

Tom Shines

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
I thought that semi final win against North Queensland was pretty flukey though. They were pretty lucky to win by 46. :roll:

skeepe

Immortal
What the hell, I haven't done a ladder prediction for at least a week. Trials have given plenty of food for thought.

1. Melbourne Storm
2. New Zealand Warriors
3. Brisbane Broncos
4. Canberra Raiders
5. Gold Coast Titans
6. South Sydney Rabbitohs
7. Newcastle Knights
8. Canterbury Bulldogs

9. Manly Sea Eagles
10. North Queensland Cowboys
11. Parramatta Eels
12. Wests Tigers
13. Sydney Roosters
14. Cronulla Sharks
15. St. George Illawarra Dragons
16. Penrith Panthers

the bondi spy

Juniors
Eddie. said:
I wouldn't have a clue this season. I have no idea of teams best 17, although i sense not many teams have improved rosters. Anyway...

1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Broncos
4. Panthers
5. Dragons
6. Warriors
7. Tigers
8. Parramatta

9. Cowboys
10. Knights
11. Sharks
12. Manly
13. Raiders
14. Titnans
15. Rabbitohs
16. Roosters

I went through about 13 teams and thought they won't make the 8. So im still pretty confused as to this year. All that appears certain for me is the Storm and Bulldogs will make the Top 4, and the Roosters and Rabbits will be bottom 4.

Panthers top 4? Its true, you dont have a clue.

Shorty

Staff member
skeepe said:
What the hell, I haven't done a ladder prediction for at least a week. Trials have given plenty of food for thought.

1. Melbourne Storm
2. New Zealand Warriors
3. Brisbane Broncos
4. Canberra Raiders
5. Gold Coast Titans
6. South Sydney Rabbitohs
7. Newcastle Knights
8. Canterbury Bulldogs

9. Manly Sea Eagles
10. North Queensland Cowboys
11. Parramatta Eels
12. Wests Tigers
13. Sydney Roosters
14. Cronulla Sharks
15. St. George Illawarra Dragons
16. Penrith Panthers
:lol:
You put the Warriors in the top 4 but Bulldogs,Manly and Cowboys lower than teams they regularly flog:crazy:
LOL Dragons at 15th....not going to happen.