What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

deluded pom?

Coach
ParraEelsNRL said:
78, I think they managed a win against the poms in the early 90's too.

France were the last country to beat Australia in a bona fide Test series in 1978. They won 2 zip. They had a win in a one off game aginst G.B. in about 1991.

Paley

Juniors
So Georgia have once again showed up at the union world cup and failed to make much of an impact so the president says union must now be the number one sport despite the vast majority of the population choosing other sports.

screeny

Bench
SteveM you're a moron. I don't usually insult people on 'net forums as it's pointless and base, but you're a complete twat for even suggesting that union's tougher than league. I've played much, much more RU than RL and the difference is incomparable.

League has less players, a 10-metre offside gap and the ball is in play far longer = more physical. By definition.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's part of the laws of the game and also the fact that rah rah stops so much. Too many cross code pros have made public statements over the years corroborating this matter of fact. My favourite was Scott Gibbs.

People like you are so funny....you're so jealous of RL; you need to talk it down to mask your own securities over the clear technical deficiencies of the fat-a-thon jamboree that is rah rah.

SteveM

Juniors
Sept 2007 issue RLW, page 37.

Louis Bonnery, who commentates on RL matches on Sport + channel, speeaking about just his region Languedoc-Roussilon: "....we are seeing increased interest in the game. New clubs are being formed on the back of that interest. We have six new senior teams in our area. These include the return of the famous St Esteve name, St Paul de Fenouillede and a new club in the union stronghold of Bezier, a second team at Montpellier, and in the Aude a new team at Ferrals les Corbieres, and the return of AGIP."

So basically you're just pedalling complete lies. We're not lying when we laugh at the abominable skill level of matches in the RUWC which has led most crowds to begin Mexican waves after 10mins as there's nothing worth watching on the field.

When you lie, as you are doing, anything you say in the future cannot be taken with any credibility.

Credibilty ?. You just quoted England as having 160,000 players :lol: :lol: :lol: .

A few extra French RL teams does not equate to an extra 18,000 players !.

Sam-the-woman

Those extra teams in England play in the conference. Most of these players are RU players, playing at RU grounds using RU facilities. They play in the union off season to keep fit.

SteveM

Juniors
The Super Group is basically a mini tri-nations and guarantees a certain amount of fans, exposure etc.

If there were seedings etc as in other comps then there was a risk of the tournament falling on its arse before it even started. After all who would go and watch France vs Fiji or Samoa vs USA ?. Only the die hard fans would be interested.

I think PNG could well beat England. ESL is competitive but the standard of play is poor.

SteveM

Juniors
SteveM you're a moron. I don't usually insult people on 'net forums as it's pointless and base, but you're a complete twat for even suggesting that union's tougher than league. I've played much, much more RU than RL and the difference is incomparable.

League has less players, a 10-metre offside gap and the ball is in play far longer = more physical. By definition.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's part of the laws of the game and also the fact that rah rah stops so much. Too many cross code pros have made public statements over the years corroborating this matter of fact. My favourite was Scott Gibbs.

People like you are so funny....you're so jealous of RL; you need to talk it down to mask your own securities over the clear technical deficiencies of the fat-a-thon jamboree that is rah rah.

Get a grip you f**kwit. I never said RL was easier than RU. I found the tacking easier because the players were smaller. That's it.

Scott Gibbs last played pro RL in 1996. RU has moved on dramatically since then even at amateur level. Every cross-code quote you mentioned would be over 10 years old!.

RU has the money and expertise to produce players to match RL. Something you will have to get used too.

shiznit

Coach
screeny said:
Disagree. Proper development is about people, force of will, plans and dedication, not about money. Miracles can occur without money...and some times money in the wrong hands causes a disaster (Puckey).

Obviously money helps, and now the RLEF is funding little projects here and there, gettting refs here, teams there which is a valuable support to the people in the countries who must have force of will, plans and dedication....
while i really admire the sentiment of people power you have to recognise that developing a sport is a fulltime role.

your asking alot of someone to foster a sport as well as working to support his family. if you were to get funding in place where perhaps that person could be working fulltime developing the sport then you would see progress being made at a much faster pace.

i understand theres always the issue of mismanagement but that can always be avoided by setting clear targets that they need to meet aswell as continuous regular performace reviews. mismanagement happens when there left alone with the money to fend for themselves.

shiznit

Coach
Paley said:
So Georgia have once again showed up at the union world cup and failed to make much of an impact so the president says union must now be the number one sport despite the vast majority of the population choosing other sports.
make much of an impact?? they pushed one of the tournoment favourates Ireland all the way and probably should have put them away. they were also in most of the game against Argentina. theve been one of the real highlights of this world cup. i think most of this squad will be picked up by pro clubs in europe now... they were really impressive.

Turdy Angle

Juniors
Paley said:

Georgia made alot more impact this year than 2003 .

SteveM said:
RU has the money and expertise to produce players to match RL.

Money to buy league players and coaches and expertise of league coaches and trainers. Skills, none. Toughness, none. A poor overall standard in that code should make winning easy for anyone with even a sniff of ability. That's why New Zealand dominate that code. They have a handful of players who would be decent players in both codes, but you couldn't say the same about any of the other teams. Even the Wannabes only have one player any NRL club would put any effort into chasing and that's Tuqiri. I honestly reckon if you gave the Kangaroos six months to practice playing union and let them get used to all the overcomplicated rules and buggerising in the scrums and rucks etc they'd probably wipe the floor with most union sides around the world based purely on their sheer class and athleticism. 90% of the best rugby players in Australia play league and that's something union will never get over.

SteveM

Juniors
Money to buy league players and coaches and expertise of league coaches and trainers. Skills, none. Toughness, none. A poor overall standard in that code should make winning easy for anyone with even a sniff of ability. That's why New Zealand dominate that code. They have a handful of players who would be decent players in both codes, but you couldn't say the same about any of the other teams. Even the Wannabes only have one player any NRL club would put any effort into chasing and that's Tuqiri. I honestly reckon if you gave the Kangaroos six months to practice playing union and let them get used to all the overcomplicated rules and buggerising in the scrums and rucks etc they'd probably wipe the floor with most union sides around the world based purely on their sheer class and athleticism. 90% of the best rugby players in Australia play league and that's something union will never get over.

That really is the biggest load of bullsh*t.

Why the hell do the NRL want Tuqiri ?. I suppose he would easily be the best winger in League while there must be at least 5 in Union who are far better.

I think RL players are now being shown up for what they are - over rated. The hype bubble has burst. The number of RL players heading back to League because they can't make it to the top in union is embrassing for league. In fact GB players Walker and Raynor played in the last tri-nations could not even make first grade with their union clubs.

As I said RU players are now just as good as RL players. It's horses for courses some players are more suited to league and some more suited to union.

SteveM

Juniors
South Sydney Somalia ?. Quite catchy.

Please tell me that the RLIF are'nt going to allow whole teams of players from Sydney to represent countries ?.

They will get ripped to shreads in the media ?.

SteveM

Juniors
make much of an impact?? they pushed one of the tournoment favourates Ireland all the way and probably should have put them away. they were also in most of the game against Argentina. theve been one of the real highlights of this world cup. i think most of this squad will be picked up by pro clubs in europe now... they were really impressive.

The majority of their team are professional and play in France.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
In fact GB players Walker and Raynor played in the last tri-nations could not even make first grade with their union clubs.

More Steve 'facts' ehh?

I can't see how Chev Walker played in the last tri-nations when the last tri-nations occured last october, and Walker only returned to Wigan about 2 weeks ago.

As I said RU players are now just as good as RL players.

Rubbish, look at the Argentinian team that beat France, they have centres that are VERY, VERY pedestrian and are at least 3 to 4 generations behind the equivalent skill levels of even 18 year old RL players in Australia.

RU is still dominated in the convoluted area of forward play, that subsequently leads to penalty goals. The backlines are pertty much irrelevant, as Argentina showed.

SteveM

Juniors
More Steve 'facts' ehh?

I can't see how Chev Walker played in the last tri-nations when the last tri-nations occured last october, and Walker only returned to Wigan about 2 weeks ago.

Both are RL internationals who failed to make first grade rugby union.

You comments about Argentina are not worth replying too because they are just so stupid and ill informed. :roll:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
Both are RL internationals who failed to make first grade rugby union.

But that's not the point you were making liar.

This is the point you were trying to make...

The liar said:
In fact GB players Walker and Raynor played in the last tri-nations could not even make first grade with their union clubs.

back tracking now does not disguise your documented lie.

You comments about Argentina are not worth replying too because they are just so stupid and ill informed. :roll:

:lol:

Well that's a definitive statement right there isn't it....

SteveM said:
That really is the biggest load of bullsh*t.

Why the hell do the NRL want Tuqiri ?. I suppose he would easily be the best winger in League while there must be at least 5 in Union who are far better.

I think RL players are now being shown up for what they are - over rated. The hype bubble has burst. The number of RL players heading back to League because they can't make it to the top in union is embrassing for league. In fact GB players Walker and Raynor played in the last tri-nations could not even make first grade with their union clubs.

As I said RU players are now just as good as RL players. It's horses for courses some players are more suited to league and some more suited to union.

I read this forum occasionally to try and keep up with the goings on, why do I have to read this demented halfwits rantings?

If I wanted to read stupidity of this magnitute, I'd read PR.

SteveM

Juniors
But that's not the point you were making liar.

This is the point you were trying to make...

No the point I was making is THEY ARE GB INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS WHO DID NOT MAKE FIRST GRADE UNION.

The fact that I got my tri nations mixed up is totally irrelevant. :roll:

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SteveM said:
Credibilty ?. You just quoted England as having 160,000 players :lol: :lol: :lol: .

A few extra French RL teams does not equate to an extra 18,000 players !.

Sam-the-woman

Those extra teams in England play in the conference. Most of these players are RU players, playing at RU grounds using RU facilities. They play in the union off season to keep fit.
Credibility??

You tried to tell us you had played league and found the tackling easy :lol::lol:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
No the point I was making is THEY ARE GB INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS WHO DID NOT MAKE FIRST GRADE UNION.

The fact that I got my tri nations mixed up is totally irrelevant. :roll:

No liar it is completely irrelevant, you are trying to back track because your lies have been exopsed.

To say....

"(they) could not even make first grade with their union clubs. "

is an objective statement, and nothing more.

However, you added a comparitive context to the statement...

The number of RL players heading 1 back to League because they can't make it to the top in union[/u] is embrassing for league. In fact GB players 2 Walker and Raynor played in the last tri-nations could not even make first grade with their union clubs.

The comparitive context you tried to infer was that elite RL players can't hack it at club level for RU, yet waltz inside the national RL side.

You used Chev Walker as an example of being sub-standard RU player walking into the tri-nations side last year.

The fact Walker couldn't have made the side last year shows your comparitive was a piece of fiction, not fact.

To have this thought means it was a pre-conceived idea which you didn't even want to match with facts.

That sad thing for you is some of us here actually are aware of the facts.

Latest posts