What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

Sam_the_man

First Grade
ParraEelsNRL said:
Over 10,000 in Russia too, but those at planet punt monkey keep saying the teams have moved over to union and there's only about 1,000 RL players left :lol:

http://www.lecourrierderussie.ru/fr/magazine/?artId=2391

Lokomotiv draws XIII Russian
Perhaps you do not know it, but Rugby with XIII goes well to Russia, often even better than his/her cousin with XV. Russia is classified, by the international federation, with the 7th European rank, and a championship semi-professional succeeded in being established. Admittedly, there are only 10.000 players in Russia, but Rugby with XIII progresses gently.

The club headlight of Rugby with XIII Russian (called League Rugby in Russia as in Great Britain), it is Lokomotiv of Moscow. The Greens and Reds which evolve/move at the Loujniki stage, are champion of Russia in title, at the head of the championship 2007 (one plays in spring and in summer) and qualified for the final of the Cut of Russia which will dispute next on June 28 against Imperia de Penza.

Out of cut of Europe, the Railwaymen of Moscow fell on stronger than them losing some vis-a-vis the English from the Lions from Swinton. There are eight clubs in the Russian championship. In addition to Lokomotiv, two other clubs are area of Moscow, the RC Vereïa which plays the stage of Naro-Fominsk and RC Cosmos.

Kazan is different the large city of XIII Russian with two clubs: Energuia and especially Strela, one of the clubs founders of XIII modern Russian. The championship is supplemented by Imperia de Penza, Nevskaïa Zastava de Saint-Pétersbourg and Kristall of Rostov-on-the-Gift.

In fact, Rugby with XIII A a long history in Russia. It had been imported into the USSR before the second world war, on ideological criteria: the XIII had been born in England from a scission with the XV. The clubs of Rugby of the north of England, resulting from the working mediums, did not accept the strict rules of amateurism dictated by the clubs of the south, whose members were easy students and aristocrats. In light, the “proles” of north, wanted a little pocket money to play, whereas the noble ones of the south, in did not need. But after 1945, the XIII fell down in the lapse of memory in Soviet Union, until a round of an English club of Yorkshire, Dewsbury in 1973. In the Eighties, XIII A thus remakes surface.

Today, Russia is the major nation of the XIII in the ex-USSR, contrary to the XV where it is Georgia. It takes part in all the international competitions. Currently are held the eliminating heats for the world cup which will take place in 2008 in Australia, New Zealand and New Guinea-News-Guinea. Russia will not qualify itself there, but it carries out a honourable course in eliminatory phase. With the first turn, it drew aside the Netherlands 44-10, Serbia 40-12 and Georgia beaten by fixed price.

With the following turn, it is much more delicate, the Bears (it is the name of the national team) had to return their claws against stronger than them: Ireland 50-12 and Lebanon 22-8. Do not laugh, the team of Lebanon is very strong, for the simple one and good reason which it is only made up the Australian ones of Lebanese origin!

But Russia multiplies the international contacts to progress. Thus, less than 16 years will take part in the championship of Europe at the end of June in Serbia and the Academics lost little in championship of Europe recently 17-16 vis-a-vis in France, one of the best nations of the world. What to be “thirteen-optimist”!!!

Bruno Cadene

The 25000 that turned up in 2004 to watch Russia v USA in a test in Moscow must have all been rugby fans taken prisoner and forced to attend the league match as well SteveM and Turdy.
I don't mind Turdy....he at least bases what he says in a truth or on a truth he believes but this merkin SteveM is a typical lier.
lol he tried to claim he had played rugby league recently and that the tackling was easy.

XIII

Juniors
For your info, RL is stronger in Russia than union, plenty of newspaper reports from Russia have been posted here, plenty of pics as well, instead of talking sh*t, might I suggest you look them up, they are usually in threads that contain Russia in the title.

Mate, that is simply not true. My wife's parents are Russian and we go there quite a bit to visit her family. Union is far from a big deal, but when you do hear/see about "regbi" it is RU. They would rather play ice hockey than either code of rugby to be honest.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
ParraEelsNRL said:
I like it how those idiots at PPM say theres only about 400,000 RL players world wide, when Australia passed that figure alone this year :lol:

Lets do some maths

Last i heard Australia had 330,000 registered players
England 80,000

Wow were well over the 400,000 mark already and thats with conservative numbers.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
XIII said:
Mate, that is simply not true. My wife's parents are Russian and we go there quite a bit to visit her family. Union is far from a big deal, but when you do hear/see about "regbi" it is RU. They would rather play ice hockey than either code of rugby to be honest.

Anicdotal evidence. Worthless in a coart of law and worthless on a forum without a link.

XIII

Juniors
Gee Sam, a link to what exactly? I am telling you what I have seen. You believe what you like.

XIII

Juniors
Nah, unfortunately not. My knee can't stand up to footy any more. A mate of mine is involved with one of the clubs though and he says the comp is going well.

roopy

Referee
XIII said:
Russia is a very big country - I may have it completely wrong - but from what i gather League is the main form of Rugby in Moscow and to the west of Moscow, while Union has a bit of a foothold in the south and east. The little state/region/country (i'm not sure which it is) of Tartarstan with it's capitol of Karzan is also a little League stronghold.

screeny

Bench
SteveM said:
There is less than 7000 players in France.

Source ?. With players numbers collapsing this can't be right.

Sept 2007 issue RLW, page 37.

Louis Bonnery, who commentates on RL matches on Sport + channel, speeaking about just his region Languedoc-Roussilon: "....we are seeing increased interest in the game. New clubs are being formed on the back of that interest. We have six new senior teams in our area. These include the return of the famous St Esteve name, St Paul de Fenouillede and a new club in the union stronghold of Bezier, a second team at Montpellier, and in the Aude a new team at Ferrals les Corbieres, and the return of AGIP."

So basically you're just pedalling complete lies. We're not lying when we laugh at the abominable skill level of matches in the RUWC which has led most crowds to begin Mexican waves after 10mins as there's nothing worth watching on the field.

When you lie, as you are doing, anything you say in the future cannot be taken with any credibility.

Turdy Angle

Juniors
screeny said:
Sept 2007 issue RLW, page 37.

Louis Bonnery, who commentates on RL matches on Sport + channel, speeaking about just his region Languedoc-Roussilon: "....we are seeing increased interest in the game. New clubs are being formed on the back of that interest. We have six new senior teams in our area. These include the return of the famous St Esteve name, St Paul de Fenouillede and a new club in the union stronghold of Bezier, a second team at Montpellier, and in the Aude a new team at Ferrals les Corbieres, and the return of AGIP."

So basically you're just pedalling complete lies. We're not lying when we laugh at the abominable skill level of matches in the RUWC which has led most crowds to begin Mexican waves after 10mins as there's nothing worth watching on the field.

When you lie, as you are doing, anything you say in the future cannot be taken with any credibility.

Sam, I remember the French winning a series in NZ in the 1980's(or upset the Kiwi's) . And they were very strong then . Not long after that they just drop to the point where even the Jr Kangaroo's/Kiwi's would beat them in a match .

The skills shown at the RWC by the minnow nations are alot better than what I saw at the South Pacifc Games .
Is that what they do when they are bored ? I guess the Mexican wave I saw in a couple of rugby league internationals are no different .
I once read an artical that says there are only 40,000 rugby league players in the UK .

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Turdy Angle said:
Sam, I remember the French winning a series in NZ in the 1980's(or upset the Kiwi's) . And they were very strong then . Not long after that they just drop to the point where even the Jr Kangaroo's/Kiwi's would beat them in a match .

The skills shown at the RWC by the minnow nations are alot better than what I saw at the South Pacifc Games .
Is that what they do when they are bored ? I guess the Mexican wave I saw in a couple of rugby league internationals are no different .
I once read an artical that says there are only 40,000 rugby league players in the UK .

Actually if i remember correctly there are 80,000 rugby league players through out the UK. Correct me if i'm wrong.

screeny

Bench
You're wrong, the last official figures were circa 160,000.

PW, which RL int'ls are you talking about with the Mexican waves? Be specific, don't tell stories as you are prone to do.

shiznit

Coach
you can talk all you like about numbers etc... but no serious inroads are going to be made in these countries until some serious $$$ are given to them.

i know it probably sounds like a thrashed record but i think there really needs some accountibility from the international board. we need to have a true international board where who ever is on it faces the real possibility of the boot if nothing is done. it would be good chance to get one over RU.

RU's biggest downfall is the IRB. its an old boys club who care about themselves before anyone else. if you get a good system in place with FIFA like authority over the sport i think you would go a long way into spreading the game...

screeny

Bench
shiznit said:
you can talk all you like about numbers etc... but no serious inroads are going to be made in these countries until some serious $$$ are given to them.

i know it probably sounds like a thrashed record but i think there really needs some accountibility from the international board. we need to have a true international board where who ever is on it faces the real possibility of the boot if nothing is done. it would be good chance to get one over RU.

RU's biggest downfall is the IRB. its an old boys club who care about themselves before anyone else. if you get a good system in place with FIFA like authority over the sport i think you would go a long way into spreading the game...

Disagree. Proper development is about people, force of will, plans and dedication, not about money. Miracles can occur without money...and some times money in the wrong hands causes a disaster (Puckey).

Obviously money helps, and now the RLEF is funding little projects here and there, gettting refs here, teams there which is a valuable support to the people in the countries who must have force of will, plans and dedication....

Turdy Angle

Juniors
You can have all the will in the world, plans, and dedication but without money you pretty much in the s*it .
The IRB have made a huge different to some countries in regards to rugby union with funding and so on .
Alot of the minnows are funded by the IRB to take part in under 19/21 world cups and large sum of money have been given to the Pacific Islands to built gyms, sport science units and rugby acadamies .