What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

SteveM

Juniors
Funny about that, the AMNRL gets bigger crowds than any of the union over there, even some at PPM had to begrudgingly give spinner and co some credit for the amount of people going to the games and the GF.

They don't. The USA Sevens in San Diego for example.

2007 Attendance: 30,000 rugby fans over the Saturday and Sunday of the tournament

2008 Projected Attendance: Anticipated attendance will be in excess of 50,000 over two-tournament days. This does not include the various groups that travel to San Diego for other events associated with the “2008 USA Sevens”.

Details found at http://www.usasevens.com/tournament.php

:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys just don't have a clue.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
You are such a bullsh*tter, I don't care what the links say because we had threads here about those games, they were actually shown on Fox sports mate, and the crowds were so small, they made club union look big.

I always like the projected part in union, if 4 billion watch the Vichy WC but in actual facts the Final will get 20 million if lucky, then how many will go to this 7's comp? :lol:

Go on Steve, email foxsports and ask them if they put the USA 7's on their channel, I think you'll find they put on a few repeats too, I was lmao at the pathetic skills and the pathetic crowds, you guys sure do know how to BS.

SteveM

Juniors
but the USA is where we see about 20% improvement in playing standards and number of players every year - and while other teams like Tonga, Samoa, Fiji etc etc etc all have a definate limit to the standard they can achieve - the absolute sky is the limit in the US. In four years time they could literally have 100 sides and thousands of players

Jesus Christ !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I guess we couldn't see the crowds because it was raining huh Steve?

And yes it was, I didn't make that up, everyone must have been packed into the boozers under the stands huh? :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Hey steve, in this day and age, don't you think there would be thousands of pics from these 7's matches?

Where are they?

You could prove a point if you post them, when I say so and so turned up to watch French local teams play and I say a good crowd turned up, I usually have proof, you know, like a pic or 10. :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
2007 Broadcast Viewer Ship: Broadcast live to 160 million homes over 3 continents. Versus Network USA nationwide coverage, locally on Channel 4 San Diego.

:lol:

Thats more than any game in the VWC will get :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
They played it at a baseball park, whats that thing that you vichyballers always say, Oh yeah, RL is a parasite who uses everyone else's field blah blah blah :lol:

IMGP5917.jpg

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SteveM said:
Look. Stop hiding behind the grammar lesson. Raynor and Walker were GB RL internationals who went to union and failed to make it at first grade. That's a fact.

The conference teams in England (outside the heartlands) are made up of virtually all union players, playing at RU grounds, using RU facilities. That's a fact. Ask any English RL fan.

That why they are playing in the SUMMER.They can't get the numbers in the winter.

Your point about RL/RU in the USA. Why is the RL season so short (about 8 games ?.) It's because for the vast majority of players it's not their main sport.:roll:

Does a rugby league prop with bad knees playing at second 5/8 for the England nation yawion team count as a fact ?:D

SteveM

Juniors
Hey steve, in this day and age, don't you think there would be thousands of pics from these 7's matches?

Where are they?

How about the pics of the massive crowds that watch the AMNRL ?. They don't exist that's why ?.

You guys are basically cumming in your pants about a tiny comp that no one watches :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is really pathetic.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Well steve, I've seen pics of the AMNRL, all you have to do is go into the forum and look.

Btw, I did find a couple of pics with people in them, but 30,000 over two days?

US_Fans2.jpg

Happy_Fans.jpg

Fiji_Fans.jpg

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SteveM said:
How about the pics of the massive crowds that watch the AMNRL ?. They don't exist that's why ?.

You guys are basically cumming in your pants about a tiny comp that no one watches That is really pathetic.
Tell us about Andy Farrell, the rugby league prop on bad knees playing at 2nd 5/8 for the England rugby team :D

I heard on the radio this morning that Romania and Portugal got 63,000:^o

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The capacity of this place is 42,445, if they had 30,000 over two days, why does it look so bare except for a couple of pics?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
SteveM said:
Jesus Christ !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hundreds of sides and thousands of players makes sense if you put all teams and juniors in, he didn't say now, he said in the future.

With the work Russel Crowe is doing at the mo, you never know what could happen.

That's why it's called the future steve, no one knows, it could all fall apart or it could go ballistic.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
Look. Stop hiding behind the grammar lesson. Raynor and Walker were GB RL internationals who went to union and failed to make it at first grade. That's a fact.

You're not being picked up on grammatical error.

You're being picked up on being dishonest.

The conference teams in England (outside the heartlands) are made up of virtually all union players,

They also happen to be RL players. Just like when I play basketball, RL isn't made up of basketbal players. I happen to ALSO be a RL player at the same time.

playing at RU grounds, using RU facilities. That's a fact. Ask any English RL fan.

You'll find that's the case when a more popular sport has more funds, it will have more infrastructure.

Just as RU uses a lot of RL grounds in Australia.

However we don't have a complex of insecurity like you RU fans do.

That why they are playing in the SUMMER.They can't get the numbers in the winter.

I'm sure if every other sport in the USA was banne in winter, RU would increase in popularity as well. Many sports find that when they have time conflict with other sports they may lose players.

It makes good business sense for RL to reduce the circumstances of time conflict

Your point about RL/RU in the USA. Why is the RL season so short (about 8 games ?.) It's because for the vast majority of players it's not their main sport.:roll:

That still doesn't stop them from being RL players though does it?

Yeah right. USA RU says USA RU is great. I'm convinced. The figures on that page smack of the union calculator in overdrive. Seen in 160 million households? What a load of sh!t. Just because these liars say something is a big event doesn't mean it is. Union has no credibility when it comes to crowd and viewing figures because they so regularly fudge them.

sledgeandhammer

Juniors
Apparently the world record for stoppages of any game of rugby occured in a game of league - over 300 stoppages. Apparently in league you have to stop and play the ball each time you are tackled! :lol:

Go Georgia!