What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
SteveM said:
Credibilty ?. You just quoted England as having 160,000 players :lol: :lol: :lol: .

A few extra French RL teams does not equate to an extra 18,000 players !.

Sam-the-woman

Those extra teams in England play in the conference. Most of these players are RU players, playing at RU grounds using RU facilities. They play in the union off season to keep fit.

For crying out loud, did you even look at any of the links and the official French sports federation participation papers that were put in by myself and Kurt?

You have people here who live in France telling you how it is but you still refuse to accept it.

I'll find the figures for England if I can, I posted them a couple of years ago, in 2003 they had around 35-40,000, in 2004, they had doubled because of the major work the development officers had done, each season since, the RFL have employed more officers.

The fastest growing areas for RL are London and Wales.

Actually, why should I post them when you won't even look, but instead come back a page later and say the same damn thing again?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
SteveM, this is a schools comp only.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/community/news_item.php?id=8694

World’s Biggest Schools RL Tournament Set To Break More Records

The deadline for entry into the Carnegie Champion Schools Tournament is fast approaching and it looks like the biggest Rugby League tournament in the world is set to get even bigger in 2008.
The Carnegie Champion Schools Tournament is a full contact knock-out Rugby League competition open to every secondary school in the UK Years 7 to 11, aimed at promoting and increasing participation in the sport amongst the nation's youngsters.
Last year 25,000 participants from more than 1,500 schools all over the UK took part with the Year 7 finalists having the privilege of playing the curtain raiser at Wembley ahead of the Carnegie Challenge Cup Final – the first game of Rugby League at the new stadium.
A Carnegie Champion Colleges Competition for Years 12-13 is also being introduced next year and the regionally based competition will start in January.
Andy Harland, the RFL’s National Development Manager, said: “The Carnegie Champion Schools is a national competition open to boys and girls teams and is the world’s largest rugby league tournament. Each year it keeps getting bigger and bigger and this year will be no different.
“In 2008 the number of participants from all over the UK is set to rise again as we are introducing girls competitions for Years 7 to 11. This is fantastic news for grass roots Rugby League. A number of schools from Wales and Scotland participated in last year’s tournament as well as a huge amount of London schools and this is set to increase again this year.”
Over the course of the competition the tournament progresses from local to regional and ultimately national level, as teams battle it out for a place in the national finals.
The finals of the 2008 tournament will be played in London on the weekend of the Carnegie Challenge Cup and all finalists will be involved in a lap of honour at Wembley Stadium on cup final day.
At the finals day it is likely a number of current and former players will be in attendance to present trophies to the winners. At this year’s finals in August, which were held at RAF Uxbridge, current Golden Boot winner and Australian Test captain Darren Lockyer, who is widely regarded as one of the best players ever, was in attendance together with former Great Britain players Phil Clarke and Barry McDermott.
Speaking about the Carnegie Champion Schools Finals Darren Lockyer commented “I was impressed with not only the talent on show, but the level of professionalism and structure the RFL had implemented.
“It was like watching a mini version of engage Super League! From sparkling new uniforms to musical stings each time a try was scored…I had to blink a few times before I realized I was watching 11 and 12 year olds!”
“Two lucky teams from that tournament were lucky enough to play as the curtain raiser to the Cup Final at Wembley…further proof that the RFL place great value on providing junior players with a taste of the big time.”
Andy Harland added: “It’s not every day that you get the opportunity to play at Wembley Stadium or meet the world’s best player whilst playing for your school side. However, that is the opportunity this tournament gives school children in this country, it makes dreams become reality.
“Since 2002/2003 season more than 80,000 pupils have played in this tournament, so this year we expect to break the 100,000 barrier which is a huge achievement not only for Rugby League but sport in this country.”
For more information please call 0844 477 7113 or visit the dedicated Champion Schools section of the RFL website www.championschools.co.uk
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 31 September
For more information about Carnegie Champion Colleges please contact the Student Rugby League on 0161 643 5394

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/community/news_item.php?id=8669

Record Number Enrols At RL College

imagesource.php
Enrolment for Pendleton Colleges Rugby League Academy has increased more than twofold after a successful pilot last year. Students are flocking from all over the Greater Manchester region to attend the fledgling course.

Students from Salford, Leigh, Bolton, Bury and central Manchester will study all aspects of Rugby League on the course. They will benefit from professional coaching on the field through a fantastic partnership with Salford Reds. And will be given the opportunity to become qualified Rugby League Coaches and Match Officials.

Tom Wild a Rugby League Development Officer employed through Pendleton College and tutor on the course commented “It’s fantastic that such large numbers will gain qualifications in Rugby League and are given a chance to play in the highly competitive College Rugby League”

The Rugby League Academy is available alongside a wide range of courses offered at Pendleton College.

For further information contact Tom.Wild@pendcoll.ac.uk

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Parra you and i and everyone else knows that those kids are all union juniors keeping fit in summer.

In fact every rugby league player there has ever been is a rugby union player keeping fit in the off season.

I think it's fair to say that SteveM is LeagueUnlimited.com answer to David Irvines take on the holocast. Both are complete lying f**king idiots.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
The IRB website has around 2.8 million RU players worldwide, now considering there are a lot of bogus numbers like Japan and USA, it'd be more accurate to say RU would have in the vicinity of 1.8-2 million players world wide.

RL would have around 500-600k.

Putting RU worldwide as around 3 times bigger than RL. That's probably correct.

roopy

Referee
Since all our trolls are feeling the pinch of their World Cup failing miserably, and are coming here to try to make themselves feel better by having a go at ours - and since all my past attempts to piss them off to the fight club have failed - i thought we can contain them all in their very own sticky thread.

I'm looking for a name for the thread.

Just for those who get there posts moved to this thread - i will move all troll posts and all replys to troll posts so as to keep the conversation as intact as possible - so if i move you here it doesn't mean i'm calling you a troll - ok.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
See steve, thats just schools and colleges.

Add another 40,000+ for registered players at clubs and the number is getting bigger huh?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Sam_the_man said:
Parra you and i and everyone else knows that those kids are all union juniors keeping fit in summer.

In fact every rugby league player there has ever been is a rugby union player keeping fit in the off season.

I think it's fair to say that SteveM is LeagueUnlimited.com answer to David Irvines take on the holocast. Both are complete lying f**king idiots.

Hehe

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Kurt Angle said:
The IRB website has around 2.8 million RU players worldwide, now considering there are a lot of bogus numbers like Japan and USA, it'd be more accurate to say RU would have in the vicinity of 1.8-2 million players world wide.

RL would have around 500-600k.

Putting RU worldwide as around 3 times bigger than RL. That's probably correct.

I don't know, PNG RL goes 12 months of the year and most countries are growing, i'd put it at around 700,000, if Australia has 400,000 alone, I'm sure we could scrap up around 300,000 from elsewhere.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If you put Tag RL in it, there's around 800,000 in Australia, and Tag RL is played in a heap more countries than 13 a side.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I'll be conservative and keep with the 500-600,00, otherwise they'll start adding touch footy played in South Africa, thinking it's their invention.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Sam_the_man said:

This is a great thread....

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=154246

A plaent punt monkey troll talking abour RU in the USA, he gets his arse handed to him by a guy who played n the USA national "Rugby Super League" for 4 years, and then tells him people play RU in the RL off-season to keep fit for RL :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
roopy said:
Since all our trolls are feeling the pinch of their World Cup failing miserably, and are coming here to try to make themselves feel better by having a go at ours - and since all my past attempts to piss them off to the fight club have failed - i thought we can contain them all in their very own sticky thread.

I'm looking for a name for the thread.

Just for those who get there posts moved to this thread - i will move all troll posts and all replys to troll posts so as to keep the conversation as intact as possible - so if i move you here it doesn't mean i'm calling you a troll - ok.

Posted two in the Mods forum, I like the second one. :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Kurt Angle said:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=154246

A plaent punt monkey troll talking abour RU in the USA, he gets his arse handed to him by a guy who played n the USA national "Rugby Super League" for 4 years, and then tells him people play RU in the RL off-season to keep fit for RL :lol:

Classic thread.

Funny about that, the AMNRL gets bigger crowds than any of the union over there, even some at PPM had to begrudgingly give spinner and co some credit for the amount of people going to the games and the GF.

roopy

Referee
SteveM said:
South Sydney Somalia ?. Quite catchy.

Please tell me that the RLIF are'nt going to allow whole teams of players from Sydney to represent countries ?.

They will get ripped to shreads in the media ?.
well steve - the multi-cultural nature of league is why we are expanding so quickly.
The Pacific Island League sides already have a better standard of athlete available to them than their Union counterparts and they really are just starting out - and the Lebanese, Malta, Greece and Italy sides to name just a few have all started in Sydney's west and taken the game back to their countries of origin.

The Malta Rugby League side would runs rings around any team in the Union World Cup on the basis of skills, sporting talent, professionalism etc that doesn't make the quarter finals, and they have only existed a few years and have not yet got thier 'home' comp up and running.

The media might laugh at this sort of side - but unlike the joke Union sides - the laughing will stop 2 minutes after kickoff.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SteveM said:
The Super Group is basically a mini tri-nations and guarantees a certain amount of fans, exposure etc.

If there were seedings etc as in other comps then there was a risk of the tournament falling on its arse before it even started. After all who would go and watch France vs Fiji or Samoa vs USA ?. Only the die hard fans would be interested.

I think PNG could well beat England. ESL is competitive but the standard of play is poor.

It was good enough comp to produce a prop forward with dodgy knees that can make the England union team with ease as a 5/8 or second 5/8.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Isnt there a Spiteri bloke for malta... comes from Newcastle I believe, and is a source of derision for malta being a West Sydney team...

then gets approached by the maltese RU to play for them on the basis he plays the same sport as Andy Farrell ?

roopy

Referee
Kurt Angle said:
Isnt there a Spiteri bloke for malta... comes from Newcastle I believe, and is a source of derision for malta being a West Sydney team...

then gets approached by the maltese RU to play for them on the basis he plays the same sport as Andy Farrell ?
The Maltese Rugby Union side seems to be made up mostly of guys with anglo names who live in England - maybe guys who were born on the military bases there perhaps - but i notice they played the very good Parramatta junior Simon Micallef in their WC qualifier last year - talk about running a racehorse with a bunch of donkeys.

SteveM

Juniors
The comparitive context you tried to infer was that elite RL players can't hack it at club level for RU, yet waltz inside the national RL side.

Look. Stop hiding behind the grammar lesson. Raynor and Walker were GB RL internationals who went to union and failed to make it at first grade. That's a fact.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...d.php?t=154246

The conference teams in England (outside the heartlands) are made up of virtually all union players, playing at RU grounds, using RU facilities. That's a fact. Ask any English RL fan.

That why they are playing in the SUMMER.They can't get the numbers in the winter.

Your point about RL/RU in the USA. Why is the RL season so short (about 8 games ?.) It's because for the vast majority of players it's not their main sport.:roll: