What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach

It's covered in the code by both the digital channel legislation and complaint handling requirements.

Write to:

The Programming Department
Channel Nine
In Your Local City

for Perth & Adelaide:
WIN Television Head Office
Locked Bag 8800
Wollongong NSW 2500

NSW Viewers: PO Box 27 Willoughby, NSW 2068
Vic Viewers: PO Box 100 Richmond, Vic 3121
QLD Viewers: PO Box 72 Brisbane, QLD 4001

What can you do if you don’t receive a reply or you do not consider the reply to be adequate?

If you do not receive a response within 60 days or you do not consider the response to be adequate, you may send your complaint to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). The ACMA will need a copy of your original complaint to the station, as well as a copy of the station’s reply.

Note: do not include your phone number or email. Only include your mailing address - that way they have to physically respond by mail.

That said - send your letter to ACMA at the same time.

Edit:

Here's the ACMA link - it has their forms on it. http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_90137

That said - here's my advice - and believe me it works!

Date your letter to the network 61 days before your ACMA letter and send them both off at the same time. That way ACMA are forced to respond straight away and it looks like 9 have been lazy with replying to your letter.

And don't worry - when 9 do send a written reply, it normally takes close to 2 months to get a resonse anyhow.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's covered in the code by both the digital channel legislation and complaint handling requirements.

Write to:

The Programming Department
Channel Nine
In Your Local City

for Perth & Adelaide:
WIN Television Head Office
Locked Bag 8800
Wollongong NSW 2500

NSW Viewers: PO Box 27 Willoughby, NSW 2068
Vic Viewers: PO Box 100 Richmond, Vic 3121
QLD Viewers: PO Box 72 Brisbane, QLD 4001

What can you do if you don’t receive a reply or you do not consider the reply to be adequate?

If you do not receive a response within 60 days or you do not consider the response to be adequate, you may send your complaint to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). The ACMA will need a copy of your original complaint to the station, as well as a copy of the station’s reply.

Note: do not include your phone number or email. Only include your mailing address - that way they have to physically respond by mail.

That said - send your letter to ACMA at the same time.

http://www.freetv.com.au/Content_Common/OnlineComplaintStep1.aspx

docbrown

Coach
Perhaps if people are actually going to write, maybe we need to compile a list of the breaches 9 has made.

docbrown

Coach

Well everyone has online forms and emails nowdays, the problem is they're easily disregarded.

For every physical letter they receive, 9 have to not only reply to you in writing (if you don't include your email/phone) but they also have to forward it onto ACMA.

As I've said - ACMA are watching 9/Win. Win Perth have actually been fined by the ACMA for previous breaches.

If enough people sent 9 similar complaints, the ACMA will realise there's a pattern there and force their hand.

docbrown

Coach
Things I can think of where 9 have breached the code:
* Failure to respond to complaints - even lying about being rejected by the government for digital transmission when they hadn't even applied
* Failure to show NRL before midnight on a Friday
* False advertising - failing to broadcast their sports content in HD as advertised
* False advertising - promoting delayed NRL content as 'live'

Those are a few that come to mind at the moment, i'm sure there's more.

docbrown

Coach
Mine will be in the post tomorrow on behalf of the 500 Red Army mebers!

Well if you got even 10% of them to do it as well you'd be doing Rugby League in Perth a big favour.

I'd be rather pleased if the NRL go into negotiations armed with a laundry list of ACMA complaints against 9. :)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why wait? because we could lose over $200mill in media rights over that 5 years not to mention having an ineffective board and CEO continuing to stagnate the game
First and last, not worth that much really, if they want it they still have to pay more than anyone else
Because the ARL needed to end the war asap and that was the compromise. it sucks but at least some of it has been used to grow the game in a new area

BDGS

Bench
Utter garbage.

League has been a top rater for a while now.

Our only draw back has been we've had less games on FTA compared to the AFL.

And I wonder why that's been the case???

It is now dominant in TV ratings, it wasn't back then compared to other sports.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=365874&page=157

Three pages back in the SMH story.

News Ltd want him for five years. The ARL AND THE CLUBS only want one year. Funny that.

That's what i have been saying, anyway that isn't a source. You said the ARL and clubs don't want him, but they do want him. they want him to a year contract to be exact.

Do they really? How much and can you show me evidence of this? I am close to the WARL and know for a fact that no team playing in Perth gets any financial support for bringing games here from the NRL. In fact the first few games the WARL had to underwrite the games and put itself at great financial risk in doing so just to get games restarted here. Fortunatley they have proved very succesful and clubs now make a tidy profit from the games.

We once had the NRl roadshow here with some Roosters players. Aside from that I can;t think of any direct support the NRL gives.

I can't show you any proof, because i can't show you the Bulldogs books on this site.

But talking to figures who are in the club, the NRL is apart of the Dogs actions in Adelaide to the extent i have said.

Believe me, or not. I don't care.

I'm a little surprised to hear it's not the same case with Souths though, maybe it has something to do with their ownership model? I'm not sure.

Matt23

Staff member
After promoting a rival code during Origin no less, Nein shouldn't be anywhere near the TV rights.

Brutus

Referee
It is now dominant in TV ratings, it wasn't back then compared to other sports.

Yes it was you fool. What are these other sports you speak of clown?

So you are saying rugby league (rating wise) was behind other "sports" at the time of the last Tv deal???? What drugs are you on???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts