What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Should be up and running within the next 18 months - nicely in conjunction with our negotiations.

Optus are trying to regain market share.

Will they strike against Telstra's arrogance re: NRL rights?

or even

Will they force Telstra to pay overs so they price them out of other sports rights?

Hmmm, sounds nice.

Revenge maybe?

I read somewhere that a way to get more ads into a game is essential in increasing the NRL value. The solution is simple. Put an ad in every time there is a stoppage in play (i.e. kick for touch, setting a scrum, error) and have the referees and director of tv in contact so the ref does not allow play to begin before live coverage is resumed. The ad shouldn't go for more than 30 seconds anyway. And we wouldn't miss anything.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Three video referees in the box. Let them confer & make a majority rules decision while the adds are on so we can come back to the coverage with a correct call.... The current system clearly has flaws.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Captains challenge appeal to have contentious decisions reviewed by the video referees while the adds are on..... Come back to the coverage of a fair game. :shock:

NrlCoach

Juniors
I read somewhere that a way to get more ads into a game is essential in increasing the NRL value. The solution is simple. Put an ad in every time there is a stoppage in play (i.e. kick for touch, setting a scrum, error) and have the referees and director of tv in contact so the ref does not allow play to begin before live coverage is resumed. The ad shouldn't go for more than 30 seconds anyway. And we wouldn't miss anything.
1269385664419_thumb_Are_You_a_Wizard-s465x619-66579-580_large.jpg

docbrown

Coach
I don't want our game turning into Union - but - if scrums had some kind of contest about them then you could keep the crowd at the stadium interested during the formation as they know they're about to see a 50/50 contest.

Then after 30 seconds, ref gets the call in the ear to start the play.

Some people won't like it but I've suggested before that we scrap the ball feeding and just have the ref place the ball on the ground.

The ref stands with his arms outstretched keeping the two packs apart as they bind.

The props must hold the hooker with one arm - but are free to push the other pack with their loose arm - similar to an NFL scrimmage line but in one condensed area.

Once bound and in contest, the hooker can use his arms to push the other pack and use his feet to rake the ball. All players though are looking to rake the ball backwards.

The second row forwards must remain bound.

The loose forward will be pushing at the back but is the only player in the pack that can pick up the ball to pass it to a waiting dummy half or break off to start his own play.

Both packs must remain bound until the loose forward has the ball in hand.

hellteam

First Grade
I don't want our game turning into Union - but - if scrums had some kind of contest about them then you could keep the crowd at the stadium interested during the formation as they know they're about to see a 50/50 contest.

Then after 30 seconds, ref gets the call in the ear to start the play.

Some people won't like it but I've suggested before that we scrap the ball feeding and just have the ref place the ball on the ground.

The ref stands with his arms outstretched keeping the two packs apart as they bind.

The props must hold the hooker with one arm - but are free to push the other pack with their loose arm - similar to an NFL scrimmage line but in one condensed area.

Once bound and in contest, the hooker can use his arms to push the other pack and use his feet to rake the ball. All players though are looking to rake the ball backwards.

The second row forwards must remain bound.

The loose forward will be pushing at the back but is the only player in the pack that can pick up the ball to pass it to a waiting dummy half or break off to start his own play.

Both packs must remain bound until the loose forward has the ball in hand.

Ah what

bobmar28

Bench
15 or 30 second ads during natural stoppages like goal line restarts would make no difference to a live game and it will get us closer to the 1.4 billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.