What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
I find it extremely interesting the Telegraph are really pushing hard for RL to get a big TV deal.

How times have changed. When the last crap deal was done they said it was great.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I find it extremely interesting the Telegraph are really pushing hard for RL to get a big TV deal.

How times have changed. When the last crap deal was done they said it was great.

they did it a bit last year

same articles have been written in the SMH and The Australian too

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Any chance we could see a tv schedule like this (assuming 9 games after 2014, 9th slot is Sat 2.00)

Fri 7.30 FTA
Fri 7.30 FTA Both simulcast on Fox (red button)

Sat 2.30 FTA live
Sat 5.30 Fox live
Sat 7.30 Fox live

Sun 2.00 Fox live
Sun 4.00 FTA and simulcast Fox live
Sun 6.00 Fox live

Mon 7.00 Fox live

Perth Red

Post Whore
Because it is another example in the lack of faith and strength in the game that we are prepared to alter some fundamentals of the game to bend over for TV again so we can get more money instead of stating the case that our game is the biggest most watched sport in teh country and worthy of a billion$+ rights as it is.

BDGS

Bench
Because it is another example in the lack of faith and strength in the game that we are prepared to alter some fundamentals of the game to bend over for TV again so we can get more money instead of stating the case that our game is the biggest most watched sport in teh country and worthy of a billion$+ rights as it is.

What fundamentals of our game is going to change?

From the potential changes i have seen, none are fundamental to our game.

Parra

Referee
What fundamentals of our game is going to change?

From the potential changes i have seen, none are fundamental to our game.

I don't think you have seen anything different than what has been in the papers - no different than the rest of us.

babyg

Juniors
Can I suggest that we meet the tv people half way and not
accept all changes. Waiting 30 seconds for a kick for touch - no way.

Isaiah85

Juniors
Shoot me down if you may. Couldnt the networks play an ad during a scrum formation etc but minimize the game into a little inset into the corner and keep playing it live?

babyg

Juniors
Shoot me down if you may. Couldnt the networks play an ad during a scrum formation etc but minimize the game into a little inset into the corner and keep playing it live?

Nice idea. They should that for every ad during an add..

babyg

Juniors
Just watching the Sunday Roast. That panel just poored a massive amount of cold water over the rights being worth $1.4mil. What do you think - honest opinion or instructed by Gyngal.

hutch

First Grade
Just watching the Sunday Roast. That panel just poored a massive amount of cold water over the rights being worth $1.4mil. What do you think - honest opinion or instructed by Gyngal.

There's nothing like rugby league talking their own sport down!

Billythekid

First Grade

I didn't watch so it's hard to say. If they are just saying that is an optimistic figure i don't mind.

If it's the usual BS of talking down the value of our rights then i'm pretty disgusted that the likes of Gould and Voss would do this.

Also yes anything that is said by anyone even remotely involved with fox or nine can only be taken with a grain of salt. It's pretty obvious from the comments of people like Gyngal that they are already trying to get in to talk down what we're worth.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Its all just posturing. Honestly, Vossy, MG and TK would not have any more knowledge then most people on here. Gus may have more of an insight because he talks to the right people on a more formal basis.

I prefer to listen to LEK more. They would have a decent idea on what we are worth with probably the least amount of bias then anyone involved with the NRL or TV networks.

Serc

First Grade
I think it was mostly TK carrying on about the $1.4 billion being in 'tell him he's dreaming' category. But I could tell that everyone who talked about that topic (I think Gus said nothing or very little) hadn't armed themselves with even half the information that the posters in here have, so I didn't get too worked up about what they said.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think it was mostly TK carrying on about the $1.4 billion being in 'tell him he's dreaming' category. But I could tell that everyone who talked about that topic (I think Gus said nothing or very little) hadn't armed themselves with even half the information that the posters in here have, so I didn't get too worked up about what they said.

If it was only TK then i think we can pretty much just ignore the comments. That idiot wouldn't know what the hell he was on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts