What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread

Who would you like to see get the rights providing the price is right?

• Seven

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Nine

Votes: 49 17.6%
  • Ten

Votes: 110 39.6%
  • Rights split between FTA channels

Votes: 147 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
what is the bet no NRL games in HD next year if they're promising all AFL games in HD?

they don't do all NRL in HD atm on Fox Sports

Clobba

Juniors
Well at least you have your goalposts set now, $1.3-1.5 should be bare minimum surely?
Well going by the plentiful facts thrown around here :), seriously I must admit I am interested in seeing how much you guys do pull out of the media...at the very least will put to bed all those annoyingly pitiful "Mines bigger than yours" on opposing forums surely? :sarcasm:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Just heard the AFL has got every Swans game on FTA (at a decent hour). As a Swans fan that makes me happy. As an NRL fan we need to have that for the Storm in Melbourne, and the Reds in Perth if they get in.

As well as just chasing a dollar figure, we need to be chasing other things with this deal as well. Near the top of the list is FTA exposure in non NRL states.

some11

Referee
if nrl doesn't crack $1billion it will be a disgrace

Watch it happen.

420gallop420x0.jpg

Raiderdave

First Grade
Holy f**kballs

Is the chatter right?

Did the AFL get $1.253 billion?

That is f**king insane

we're now assured of a billion plus too
the precedent has been set
if broadcasters are prepared to lose money hand ova fist paying this much for an underperforming commodity on TV
they can look forward to double the pain in about a years time :p

Ray Mosters

Juniors
Im kind of flabbergasted. I always expected them to get a billion but to get one and a quarter is just nuts.

On top of that they got rid of BH+G and will be played live in primetime on Fridays, live saturday night and sundays, every game multichannelled all over NSW and QLD on 7mate, and they have a dedicated Fox Footy channel.

So it seems like they have got a massive unexpected increase AND got absolutely everything they wanted, free, live and national coverage.

This changes everything for us. We need to seriously re-evaluate what is a reasonable deal for the NRL now.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
We simply must be in line for $900m+, if it isn't a billion so be it but surely $900m. Otherwise we will be so far behind the afl financially it will be unbridgeable

AD emphasised the anti-siphoning laws played its part so it will do for us as well in terms of games goin out on secondary channels.

Live on 7mate/oneHD/Gem/Go across the other states is a must and Gallop better do our game justice in the negotiations.

Quidgybo

Bench
Interesting. Kim Williams just said that the Fox simulcasts won't include ads during the games. In addition to HD, that's a major differentiator for Fox over the Seven telecasts.

Leigh.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
1.18 billion is cash , just over $100 million contra.

We should poach demitriou, I hate the prick but the man can run a sport.

Fmd, 100 million of advertising being shoved down our throats in NSW and QLD for the next 5 f**king years, as if it isn't bad enough now. :roll:

I'll end up putting a brick through my TV and downloading everything I want to watch just to get away from it all.

BunniesMan

Immortal
AFL's twitter just said $1.253b total worth.

Originally I thought of 850 mill as par for the NRL rights. At this point anyless than 1billion should be seen as a fail. 1b is still 20% less than AFL, and it should be the absolute minimum we get. Ideally we'd get between 1.1 and 1.25.

I hate Demetriou for a number of reasons, but the man IMO is the best sporting CEO of any aussie sport since the start of the professional era.

Raiderdave

First Grade
We simply must be in line for $900m+, if it isn't a billion so be it but surely $900m. Otherwise we will be so far behind the afl financially it will be unbridgeable

AD emphasised the anti-siphoning laws played its part so it will do for us as well in terms of games goin out on secondary channels.

Live on 7mate/oneHD/Gem/Go across the other states is a must and Gallop better do our game justice in the negotiations.

Nah

gotta be a Billion .. minmum.. & then some
theres no way that over rated fumble ball rubbish is worth nearly 40% more then our game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts