What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread

Who would you like to see get the rights providing the price is right?

• Seven

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Nine

Votes: 49 17.6%
  • Ten

Votes: 110 39.6%
  • Rights split between FTA channels

Votes: 147 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So its Fox sports AFL + fox sports 1, 2, 3. NRL on FS1 then.

Leckie just said it won't effect NRL negotiations, pretty blunt too I think hes game for a run at the lot tbh.

Ray Mosters

Juniors
$1.18b cash. The rest is contra.

Leigh
Thats insane, they got 700m broadcast + 60m internet in cash last time, with 80m in contra.

What is that, a %55 increase on the cash component?

And an overall increase of almost %50?????

I was expecting 20, which would have taken them to a billion, 25 maybe at a stretch when internet was included.

And the flow on effect to their clubs will be huge too. Sponsorships of AFL teams will now increase because they will be on FTA TV all around the country in primetime.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Murdoch will make sure they continue to drip feed RL while making millions off it to make up for the money the AFL are going to lose for Fox as usual.

It f**king stinks, we have had 12 games so far this year rate well over 300k on Pay TV and the AFL gets the f**king money :crazy:

ByRd

First Grade

not dodging it like that but he didnt really give much away, i think they would of known a question would be asked about the nrl rights and he would of been told to give a quick answer and move on, thats what i meant lol

El Diablo

Post Whore
not dodging it like that but he didnt really give much away, i think they would of known a question would be asked about the nrl rights and he would of been told to give a quick answer and move on, thats what i meant lol

what more needed to be said?

it was a simple yes or no question

BunniesMan

Immortal
When will the NRL rights be announced?
After we get our act together with the IC which will be god knows when.

Gallop has to get a billion dollars. He has to get NRL in primetime in every capital in the country.

Any less on either of those points and he should be sacked as soon as the press conference is over.

applesauce

Bench
I am reserving judgment till I see our deal. But deadset if the IC doesn't even get up (which looks likely) I will be pretty jaded even before our deal is done.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Will there be improved coverage in NSW and Qld?
Yes, four games will be shown live free-to-air into NSW, ACT and Queensland every week. All these will be broadcast on Seven Mate.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/112542/default.aspx

That's huge. This is as important as the money. We need the exact same thing in Victoria/SA/WA/TAS.

You know what's ironic? If we do keep the status quo in terms of timeslots in the next deal (which isn't unlikely) there will be more live AFL on FTA in NSW and QLD than NRL. Which is simply ridiculous if you think about it.

The NRL has got to get more live footy on FTA and it's got to get games in every city on FTA.

Ray Mosters

Juniors
Positive stuff from Leckie about the NRL rights.

Really need them to step up to the plate to get what we are worth.

Its kind of annoying that we may not hear about our own for another year.

Coaster

Bench
We never were going to win this war against the AFL in 2011, our objective in our rights deal is to get as close as possible so we can aim for the real battle in 2016. we compete with them in all areas on basically no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.