What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Misanthrope

Staff member
In response to Evil_Mush:

The author has described the decision to cut off Rick's hand as one he wished he could take back, so may not ever appear in the show

bileduct

Coach
I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like this series. I have found out why. I just don't care about the characters. I really don't. They all annoy the shit out of me. Still, I'll watch it for the zombie smashing goodness.
I'm with you.

Springs

First Grade
I am not up to Season 3 yet, but now that I read that they're up to the Governor, and that Merle is back/returning, does anyone who read the comics think :

That Merle will be the one that cuts off Rick's hand rather than the Governor, as revenge for him having to do that to himself after Rick handcuffed him in the first season?
Or maybe Governer will still do it while Merle is present (maybe even comes up with the idea to do it) with a "how does it feel now pig" taunt or similar?

That is if they even go with that happening at all (which is a massive moment in the comics).

I had a feeling that might happen since season 1.

But
since Kirkman regrets the decision to take Rick's hand, plus the fact that Rick has no real reason to go to Woodbury (apart from rescue Andrea, but I feel that would be unlikely), I doubt it will happen.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I'm all up to date now (just got through the latest episode last night), and definitely enjoying it. I kinda get what people were saying about Season 2 being slow and boring, though maybe the fact I watched it over a period of 2 weeks rather than 2-3 months made that less annoying.

It seems that certain actions/events/relationships that happened in the graphic novel have been transferred to different characters in the TV series (e.g.
Hershel has the severed leg instead of Dale, Hershel's daughter seems to be cultivating a friendship with Carl that Sophia had in graphic novel
), so maybe the scenario I mentioned above won't happen, as it's already happened to someone else.

Loved the reveal of the Governor's secret room, throughout the episode I wasn't really feeling the nasty SOB vibe that I expected from his character, but that definitely upped the psycho mofo stakes.

I think S3 starts this week in NZ, but I'm now hooked on watching the episodes as soon as they are available, HD be damned (I'm old school like that, scratchy VHS-style picture & sound is where it's at!!!!)

EDIT - what day does this air in Australia? In case I watch any episodes going forward before they are on TV, don't want to mistakenly spoil anyone on anything that happens (spoilers are the suckiest things that ever did suck!!)....

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Foxtel advertises that they show episodes 33 hours after the US so that makes it Tuesday night

When in doubt, use the spoiler tags

Evil_Mush

Juniors
When posting a reply, highlight the text you want to hide as a spoiler, then click on the
spoiler.gif
button (doesn't show in quick reply though).

You will be given prompt to enter text for the spoiler, then when you click on OK, you will have spoiler tags inserted around the text you want to hide.

Alternatively, you can just do it manually as below, just replace normal brackets with [ ] brackets :

(SPOILER="Message that says spoiler here")
Text that you want to hide as a spoiler here
(/SPOILER)

Text that you want to hide as a spoiler here

bileduct

Coach
The action sequences in this show are so f**king contrived. The old "one moment it's perfectly calm then you blink and suddenly there's zombies everywhere" trick.

The zombies just shamble around slowly and aimlessly as individuals even when humans are around, but then when some drama needs to be created all of a sudden there's a huge group of them that noone noticed, and they're practically running directly towards the humans.

Thank f**k Lori is finally dead. How convenient that the token black guy is immediately replaced by another token black guy.

Andrea needs to die. With her taking up more and more screen time this show is just getting worse.

butchmcdick

Immortal
The action sequences in this show are so f**king contrived. The old "one moment it's perfectly calm then you blink and suddenly there's zombies everywhere" trick.

The zombies just shamble around slowly and aimlessly as individuals even when humans are around, but then when some drama needs to be created all of a sudden there's a huge group of them that noone noticed, and they're practically running directly towards the humans.

Thank f**k Lori is finally dead. How convenient that the token black guy is immediately replaced by another token black guy.

Andrea needs to die. With her taking up more and more screen time this show is just getting worse.

Wow that was intense

Can't wait to see where this is going

Misanthrope

Staff member
I thought the latest episode was fantastic. Some wrenching stuff when <BLANK> had to be there for <BLANK>. The reactions at the end were really well done.

Also liked the cuts between the central action and last week's focus. It broke up the tension nicely without diminishing it. You'd have thought the episode was a mid-season finale. Still four episodes to go before the break!

Springs

First Grade
f**k.

The reactions at the end were brilliant. Whole episode was actually. Built up the intensity very well.

I expect Carl and Rick's relationship to go the way it did in the comics now, with Rick becoming depressed and Carl becoming too cold and mature. And the stage is set for Governor and Merle to find the prison.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
in the words of Ron Burgundy "that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast"

I think they have taken on the criticism from season 2 and have had the story progress a lot quicker.

Zigwaa

Bench
Epic episode, very instense.

It was sad to see T-dogg and Lori die. It looks like Rick will lose it.

Carols is missing, surprised Darryl didn't want to look for her, just assumed she was dead.

Can't wait to see the showdown between Rick and the Govenor

butchmcdick

Immortal
This will sound terribly racist but I thought that Andrea and the kickass black chick would meet up with crew in the prison again and her and t-dog would get it on. I can see the prisoners having a bit more of impact. Andrea, had she got some bad taste in men or what ? She can't even bag a guy who isn't a douche after the world ends.

I think the governor is about to go full tard. I slowed down the preview at the end of the last episode and it looks like his daughter is infected and he is keeping her alive > the freaky scientist with the glasses gets bitten so I guess his attempt to find a cure didn't work

Misanthrope

Staff member
I definitely think I preferred the way Lori died in the comics, if only to further our hatred of the Governor. But I'll take that. Wrenching stuff

bileduct

Coach
Another turd of an episode.

• So if your daughter is a zombie she'll just sit calmly in your lap until you rip a clump of hair off her head.
  • The WWE events at Woodbury are soooo exciting that even the zombies just stand there and watch.
  • Three graves are dug, presumably for Lori, T-Dogg and Carol, and by the end of the episode two of them are filled. In separating the bodies for burial noone apparently noticed the apparent lack of a dead female body and they just presume Carol is dead. No opening up zombie stomachs, no spending seven or eight episodes looking for her... she's just dead. Oh well!
  • Andrea is just pure and utter shit and needs to f**king die, as soon as possible. Worst character in the entire series.
  • When you capture a bunch of zombies in some netting, let them out, put a brace around their necks, almost get killed in the process, and then kill them. Makes sense.
  • The guy who let all the zombies into the prison, yeah, he's the "asshole" and not Rick who tried to kill him in the first place.
  • So it's been 8 months since they left the farm, and in that entire time they didn't manage to find anything baby related even though Lori was pregnant the entire time. Baby pops out, "shit, we need formula!", and hey presto, there it is.
  • Michonne has a sword and that's all you need to know.

At this point I am only watching this show to see annoying people (99% of the cast) die, and because there are no other zombie tv shows. Otherwise the writing and direction of this show is just f**king pathetic.

Zigwaa

Bench
^^ Are you this cynical about every TV show and movie you watch or just The Walking Dead? I know there are some unbelievable elements to the show but it's how they create supsense and drama, most shows do it.

It's a show about Zombies, the whole premise is unbelievable. Time to stop watching it champ.

bileduct

Coach
^^ Are you this cynical about every TV show and movie you watch or just The Walking Dead? I know there are some unbelievable elements to the show but it's how they create supsense and drama, most shows do it.

It's a show about Zombies, the whole premise is unbelievable. Time to stop watching it champ.
I've already explained why I still watch the show. If you're not satisfied with that I couldn't give a f**k, mate.