What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

natheel

Coach
just finished season 1. Lori shits me. Only 1 big zombie attack when amy and jim died (granted jim died/turned in the next ep) so was kinda disappointed by the lack of zombies apart from the initial 2 eps and then it was like a drama of lori rick and shane. Hoping the next season is better. I like Daryls character but i understand he isn't in the comics?

Joker's Wild

Coach
If you're looking for more "big zombie action" in season 2 then ya gonna be disappointed for most of it champ. Sorry

Springs

First Grade
just finished season 1. Lori shits me. Only 1 big zombie attack when amy and jim died (granted jim died/turned in the next ep) so was kinda disappointed by the lack of zombies apart from the initial 2 eps and then it was like a drama of lori rick and shane. Hoping the next season is better. I like Daryls character but i understand he isn't in the comics?

The theme and the story is about humans as the danger, not the zombies. So if you're looking for zombie attacks you'll be disappointed. Season two is mostly about the danger within, and season 3 will be Rick vs The Governor.

And Merle next episode, hooray!

Misanthrope

Staff member
For those arguing about how could the military not handle it read World War Z and the battle of Yonkers chapter goes into a lot of it.

World War Z was a fantastic read. I remember being in my girlfriend's apartment in Mokpo and reading the chapter that referenced the fall of Mokpo. Was a weird feeling (and weird that Brooks has any idea where Mokpo even is).

natheel

Coach
The theme and the story is about humans as the danger, not the zombies. So if you're looking for zombie attacks you'll be disappointed. Season two is mostly about the danger within, and season 3 will be Rick vs The Governor.

And Merle next episode, hooray!

Yeh i enjoy the drama but to an extent. like when you see a mass attack and then it goes back to same old 'we have to survive' talk it gets boring after a bloody scene like when the 'walkers' infiltrated the camp in season 1. but i'll keep watching it because i'm one of those people who can't watch one season and stop i need to watch it all. there are characters that i'm interested enough in to keep me watching. like daryl looking for Merle. Also Glenn is pretty cool too

bileduct

Coach
Yeh i enjoy the drama but to an extent. like when you see a mass attack and then it goes back to same old 'we have to survive' talk it gets boring after a bloody scene like when the 'walkers' infiltrated the camp in season 1. but i'll keep watching it because i'm one of those people who can't watch one season and stop i need to watch it all. there are characters that i'm interested enough in to keep me watching. like daryl looking for Merle. Also Glenn is pretty cool too
I am kind of like that with this show. I stayed with Lost all the way to the end just to see how they would explain it all. There's an element of that with this show, wanting to find out what caused the outbreak, what's happening elsewhere, how the Government and other nations are responding, etc.

It hasn't descended to the kind of lameness that struck Prison Break in it's second season and made it completely unwatchable if you possess a brain.

I am hoping that they have learned their lesson from the glacial like story arc that took up the entirety of season 2 that should have only lasted three or four episodes at most. But season 3 does seem to be more interesting so far.

Springs

First Grade
To put in perspective season 2 lasted about 1 chapter of the comic. Season 3 so far has gone through about 1 1/2 to 2 chapters.

But then again season 2 dealt with a lot of the soap opera type relationship stuff that happened in the comic prison.

And you were a good sport with Lost.

butchmcdick

Immortal
96468961240099492150.jpg

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I'm only about half way through season 2 now, but is it just me or is Darryl (crossbow dude) the most likeable character on the show? Especially after the Cherokee Rose story he shared with Carol (that's the most recent episode I've just got through).

I agree with others about Lori & Carl being annoying as hell.

And it's going to be interesting to see how the Prison storylines plays out compared to the comics (when I get to Season 3) given some characters are still around (where they weren't in the comics) or other characters have been already killed off or don't even exist on the show anyway which removes some important aspects of the way things play out.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
I'm only about half way through season 2 now, but is it just me or is Darryl (crossbow dude) the most likeable character on the show? Especially after the Cherokee Rose story he shared with Carol (that's the most recent episode I've just got through).

3ogyi1.jpg

Of course that picture gets less and less relevant as the series progresses.

HowHigh

Coach
It's obvious the writers are trying to make Lori a bit more likeable this season..up there as one of the most annoying female characters in a tv show in season 1 and 2
Agree it doesn't make sense that a small group can kill 50+ walking dead in hand to hand combat yet the military was over run

Regardless the show is still entertaining and I'll keep watching

Zigwaa

Bench
Just saw the latest episode. Yeah they were cafeteria, made sense.

I love Rick's ruthlessness, anyone who threatens him or the group is gone.

Looking forward to the next ep with Michone and Andrea story.