What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

bileduct

Coach
This is my preferred death order.

1) Lori - Just an awfully written character. Completely contradicts herself from episode to episode.
2) Carl - Annoying little piece of shit.
3) Andrea - All this woman can do is brood and do dumb shit. Complete waste of screen time.

Don't really care enough about any of the remaining characters to want them dead... yet.

bileduct

Coach
The final scene with the Governor looks like it was lifted directly from Emperor Cartagia in Babylon 5.

Parra Pride

Coach
When all hell has broken lose the true scum show how it's done, the Governor and his band if merry men being the true scum in question. Though he seems like an interesting character, and could make for an interesting antagonist. I think interactions between him and Rick could also be quite interesting.

Springs

First Grade
Loved the end scene. Such an iconic scene in the comic.

Rick vs Governor should be great.

Also loved the way they portrayed the last two episodes. A lot more effective than switching back and forth. I hope Game of Thrones takes note, 5 minutes of development per character per episode just got annoying.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Definitely liked the way they've split episodes between characters. I'll never ouright criticize the awesomeness that is GoT, but it does get a bit much switching between characters so often in a single episode. They got a little bit better about it in season two.

Really dug the changes they made to make Woodbury and the Governor less obviously menacing. Made the end reveal a lot more jarring.

Zigwaa

Bench
Well they answered my questions about the walkers that Michone took around with her.

Not liking this Governor bloke.

How geniused where the soldiers though? How could they get taken out by a bunch of misfits? The ones on the back of the truck just stood there and got shot

Joker's Wild

Coach
National Guard Zigwaa. The American equivalent of choccie soldiers, only dumber and even more poorly trained

Zigwaa

Bench
National Guard Zigwaa. The American equivalent of choccie soldiers, only dumber and even more poorly trained

Oh... ok, makes sene. My bad.

I remember now, the national guard were the same ones that were trying to blow up Rambo when he was hiding in the mine shaft haha.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I can see Andrea and the governor getting close.

I can see Daryl having to make a decision between Rick and the group and Merle in the coming weeks.

I haven't read the comics though so in all probability I am barking up the wrong tree

Springs

First Grade
In the comic Daryl and Merle aren't in it and Andrea never meets the Governor.

Andrea making the wrong choice and thinking an insane psychopath is a good bloke would be in line with her character though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Andrea making the wrong choice and thinking an insane psychopath is a good bloke would be in line with her character though.

:lol:

Yeah, they've veered a wee bit away from the comics - so it's hard to predict exactly what will happen. I like that, though. If I want to read the comics, I'll read them.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I got a bit of a suspicion that the two other gentleman who live in the compound with Rick and the crew might play a part later (I don't know how to use the spoiler function sorry)

Parra Pride

Coach
:lol:

Yeah, they've veered a wee bit away from the comics - so it's hard to predict exactly what will happen. I like that, though. If I want to read the comics, I'll read them.

Isn't
Sophia still alive in the comic while Carol is dead?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I was sad that there was no fat, glasses wearing tax fraudster amongst the prisoners. Not that there are any little kids for him to behead. Still, that was one of my favorite sub-plots

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I am not up to Season 3 yet, but now that I read that they're up to the Governor, and that Merle is back/returning, does anyone who read the comics think :

That Merle will be the one that cuts off Rick's hand rather than the Governor, as revenge for him having to do that to himself after Rick handcuffed him in the first season?
Or maybe Governer will still do it while Merle is present (maybe even comes up with the idea to do it) with a "how does it feel now pig" taunt or similar?

That is if they even go with that happening at all (which is a massive moment in the comics).

Thomas

First Grade
I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like this series. I have found out why. I just don't care about the characters. I really don't. They all annoy the shit out of me. Still, I'll watch it for the zombie smashing goodness.

urban eel

Juniors
it strange that they haven't strengthened the characters more.considering how slow the 2nd series storyline went.
they had plenty of time to do it.