What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warriors myth

Where will he Warriors finish the regular season?

• Top 4, they'll come right

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 4-8 sounds legit

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • They'll miss the 8

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters
Ok obviously after the worst performance by the Warriors that I can remember, I have some overly passionate and maybe irrational views, but I'm disgusted by this soulless effort.

This team is going backwards fast. The defense in the middle is inexcusable, defense on the edges schoolboyish. Teams seem to have worked out that if they use some speed and go sideways early, we'll come up with enough missed tackles and allow offloads for them to find holes.
Every team has faster play-the-ball than the Warriors.
Ball security and passing accuracy is atrocious, beyond ridiculous. A lot of time when under the pump we really need to go wide to find some space and make metres but I know we'd drop the ball at every other attempt so don't want us to try. Every team now knows that we are no hope when we try to spread it early so they can just jam in on us.

Our halves are so-so. Inaccurate kicking games, not enough repeat sets even when we do get some field position. Johnson needs a bit of structure and planning to his game and communication with his teammates. Making some tackles would be a bonus but I wouldn't be too harsh on him there.
IMO we have the least skillful outside backs in the comp. In terms of ball handling, working in tight spaces, awareness of the sideline etc.

I was wary at the start of the season cos a lot of my fellow fans seemed to regard us as favourites or strong contenders. I reckon it's time to lower the expectations. If this rabble makes the 8, they'll have overachieved.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wouldn't go as far as saying "myth". Overrated? Yep. Don't see them making the GF, don't think they are as good as they think they are or as good as mainstream opinion thinks they are.

Juju

Juniors
I think we are being poorly coached and are not respecting the opposition enough. League is a simple game.

vvvrulz

Coach
Cleary added a lot of structure and discipline to the Warriors game that was never there in their entire history. Now that Bluey is on board they are going to regress back to the dark days of the 90s and mid 00's.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Warriors lose, nek minnut ... another myth thread :roll:

Edit: This one is legit I suppose and there's an explanation.

Last edited:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The Warriors just need to get rid of Jerome Ropati, and they will be there on Grand Final day.

Btw, to all you Canberra fans, could you please be on the lookout for Jerome Ropati this week. If you give his dodgy knee a couple of whacks with a baseball bat or tyre iron, you'd make me a very happy Warriors fan.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Awesome, I was waiting till we were a myth. So far it's us, Knights, Souths, Tigers, Bulldogs, and the Dragons! Oh and Manly.

The Warriors' problems are a lot more than Ropati. Our ruck defense in the middle has been our biggest problem so far this year. Soft as fresh goose droppings. Then our ball control. Then our lack of go forward. Then our apparent lack of fire/passion.

Usain Bolt

Bench
The Warriors love giving teams a 2-3 try headstart, the Titans was the only game this didnt happen and they won! Surprise, surprise

God-King Dean

Immortal
As I've said, the most frustrating team I've seen.

They make me wanna bite a curb and gave someone stomp on my head.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The big warriors forwards will tire at the backend of the half and like to play basketball type football.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I was actually convinced they would make the 8 again this year, but after last nights performance, I'm not so sure anymore.

Only a few games in boys. Shocking performances so far, especially considering how well liked our chances were pre-season, but we should be there come the Finals.

Our start in 2012 isn't too different to our 2011 start, is it? Injury-struck team, some shit performances, we'll come good.

Not sure we'll win next week against the Raiders, but we'll be much improved, run them close and be back the following week to smash the f**k out of the Rabbit Hoes, all we need is a Bunniesman prediction to guarantee it.

Dr_Deez

Juniors
What was our game plan last night??? when we had the ball we looked like we didn't know what to do. Was a big Bluey backer but didn't want to loose Ivan, Warriors last year worked hard on there D and then there attack just seemed to work once they could hold teams off, now we seem to be more interested in flashy backline moves without doing the hard yards, I am starting to question the coaching calls of our squad, our halves combo is the weakest for defense, and the roosters did the homework and ran right over them......

Latest posts