What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warriors

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah Ropati would be pretty useful right now. I'm confident Berrigan will be back to full strength over the next week or two though.

Big Pete

Referee
Heremaia gives us another hooker rather than the complete shambles when Hohaia pretends to know what he's doing there

Hohaia would have played regardless.

Ropo is just a liability in d. He loses more games than he wins for the Warriors.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Berrigan was playing good before his injury. Ideally I wouldn't have him at centre but he'll do a good enough job there.

Patorick

Staff member
I'll say this: Elijah Taylor is potentially the best back rower in the NRL.

Locke is very impressive too.

And Ivan Cleary is a very good calculating coach.

With your centres, Seymour and hookers, I don't like your chances this year.

Next year and beyond though: definite chances.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah I have to give Taylor some credit to, never thought he was up to much be he's been going great.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Ropo is just a liability in d. He loses more games than he wins for the Warriors.

No freakin' way, maybe it's slim pickings but Ropati is less of a liability than any other centre in the club

tbh Hohaia would still be fullback with Heremaia/Mara as the hookers if Heremaia was available

Big Pete

Referee
In defence he is and he's simply not consistent enough in attack to justify his defence.

And do you actually think the Warriors missed having Hohaia at fullback? I say having him off the bench was by far a better option for the Warriors.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Put it this way, this team finished 5th last year and have lost Tate. They have added Mateo, Inu and Berrigan to their roster this year and a couple of good kids from their 20's.

Mateo and Inu in particular are having great seasons, needed a change of club to get them going again.

Apey

Staff member
Well we played pretty poorly today, but enough to get a victory away from home for the 2nd week running so I'm pretty happy with it.

yeah, what?

strange thread to make after that game Panther_Daz, did you actually watch it?

the Warriors made lots of stupid errors that most likely would have led to tries against decent opposition (sigh...)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

That's almost a fallacy to rival 'Manu has poor hands under high ball' and Warriors big forwards. Ropati has been great in the last year or so when fit.

We're probably about 4th/5th favourites as it stands. Dragons, Storm, Broncos certainly ahead.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
And do you actually think the Warriors missed having Hohaia at fullback? I say having him off the bench was by far a better option for the Warriors.

No...Locke is going better than Hohaia was at fullback. However, prior to Heremaia's unavailability last week and Vatuvei's return we had a Heremaia/Mara hooker rotation and Hohaia at fullback. Locke simply wasn't going to get a look in at fullback until then. You seem to be suggesting that Heremaia was no loss because Hohaia would've been picked on the bench ahead of him anyway....what I'm saying is, Heremaia/Mara is a much better hooker rotation than Mara/Hohaia, because Hohaia is clueless at hooker.

We'll see what Cleary does next week and you may well be right that either Mara or Heremaia will miss out, but I won't agree with it.

Big Pete

Referee
That may of been what it was before Manu but with Locke's impressive form I couldn't see Cleary dropping Hohaia yet I could see Hohaia playing above Mara like he was originally named to be.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
That may of been what it was before Manu but with Locke's impressive form I couldn't see Cleary dropping Hohaia yet I could see Hohaia playing above Mara like he was originally named to be.

It wouldn't surprise me either. The thread is about the Warriors premiership prospects and I don't see why I should have to restrict my analysis to assuming that Cleary will make poor selections.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
That's almost a fallacy to rival 'Manu has poor hands under high ball' and Warriors big forwards. Ropati has been great in the last year or so when fit.

We're probably about 4th/5th favourites as it stands. Dragons, Storm, Broncos certainly ahead.

Agreed

Could only laugh when Belcher referred to Manu's "problems with the high ball in his first season". Said perceived problems were based on 1 game in his 4th season of first grade. Actually, at the time he was a seasoned international with 2 full tri-nations campaigns under his belt. Weird how fantasy can take on a life of it's own and usurp reality.

Iafeta

Referee

Agree. I think Pete hasn't watched Ropati since 2008 when frankly he was a very good attacking centre at making good metres but an absolute dogs bollocks defender. He'd be easily in the top 5 most improved defenders over the past couple of years. Its a massive pity he's out injured and that may well hurt us as the season rolls along.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
strange thread to make after that game Panther_Daz, did you actually watch it?

[/QUOTE
Yes I did. It was a game they would have lost in the past. Seems to be some real belief in the squad this year. Loved the effort v Storm too. 3 wins in a row away now.

Big Pete

Referee
It wouldn't surprise me either. The thread is about the Warriors premiership prospects and I don't see why I should have to restrict my analysis to assuming that Cleary will make poor selections.

Fair call, I suppose I really don't rate either Hohaia or Heremaia for it to really make that big a difference to me.

However this discussion reminds me that Berrigan would be more valuable off the bench than at centre. So I'll add Ropo to the list begrudgingly.

Iafeta

Referee
Agreed

Could only laugh when Belcher referred to Manu's "problems with the high ball in his first season". Said perceived problems were based on 1 game in his 4th season of first grade. Actually, at the time he was a seasoned international with 2 full tri-nations campaigns under his belt. Weird how fantasy can take on a life of it's own and usurp reality.

The only think I can put Belcher's blind hatred of the Warriors down to is that he has an automatic deduct of fiddy into the TAB every week against the Warriors. Why are we copping the neville nobodies of Braybrook "MUST SCORE ... SURELY!" and Belcher week in week out? I reckon my mum could do a better job commentating.