What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Way It Looks Like Unfolding In '07

Inferno

Coach
Sideline Eye said:
Dykes is not the best creating half, although I do rate him, he is quite an individualist.
Seymour had too must pressure on him at the broncos, scared of trying to please his coach too much, look for him to be the "Holdsworth" at the sharks next year and Noddy to step up into the playmeakers role, a role he hated sharing this year.
If dykes was the best half at the sharks, why did we let Parra sign him a few years ago???
Noddy will probably still be here in 2008 & 2009.
Pod will still be our premier league coach in 07.

Not the best defence SLE, we have let players go in the past who have been better options than we currently have. Case and point would be Peachey this year.

Ideally I'd let both Noddy and Dykes go, but I think 1 could be very usefull in guiding seymour and Kearney around for another year or 2. And of those I think playing with Dykes would be more beneficial than Noddy.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sideline Eye said:
If dykes was the best half at the sharks, why did we let Parra sign him a few years ago???
Because Ando told sludge categorically thqt he would be trying to get Noddy ASAP & that preston & Dykes were not part of his plans.
Sideline Eye said:
Noddy will probably still be here in 2008 & 2009.
That is a shame. if they go through the hard yards , get a few decent players & front rower options & still have a second rate half back that will not get us across the line.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
with a set game plan by a proper coach, noddy will again take control, and teamates will know what he is working towards.
peachey made it 3 dominate playmakers, ala roosters problem this year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
OK

I'll say it again, if your going to play noddy ball, do it properly.
4 props, 80 minute hooker.

That said, Noddy is not our path to a premiership.

Regardless, Angry is a shark.

zeppelin

Juniors
If Noddy is hear for years to come so be it. I can handle that as long as we have a decent coach who will make the tough decisions if and when required.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sideline Eye said:
with a set game plan by a proper coach, noddy will again take control, and teamates will know what he is working towards.
peachey made it 3 dominate playmakers, ala roosters problem this year.

Flawed logic there brother. I would say the Rorters had 1 play maker who was out of form.
knights have Johns, Buderus & 2 gidleys
Tigers prince, benji, farrah
Pennys presto, gowie
etc. etc. etc.
its not about what Noddy wants to work towards. Its about what works. if you are a good player, you can play in a poor team & still break the line, make tackles, confuse the defense & kick well.
Noddy is past it. Too slow, too predictable, too bad.

carinashark

First Grade
That Pl side was one of the worst Ive seen over the last 20 years . Jeez i mean you watch Flegg and its fast and exciting play ( ok its a bit sloppy but you can see what they are trying to do ) PL is slow and boring , and Atkien was hopeless . Im glad they are gone . Bloody hell Im glad its over. And dont tell me how Hilder is so good , he just walked around with the rest of them CC included.

cheese

Bench
Brett Kimmorley is appauling

I cant believe any of you are falling for the "he'll come good next year" line .

.... I fell for that line in 2003 ....its now 2006, soon to be 2007 ....two coachs, several 5/8s, and several reshuffles later the bloke is still f*cked

He simply doesnt know how to play the modern game

jc155776

Coach
Well we are going to have at least 4 good props to help make the game plan easier.

Douglas, Stapleton, Ross and Villasanti.

Then we have Star Timani and Maybe Manua? And Sua in Premier League.

Williams, Gallen, Bird and Thomo in the backrow makes for a good forward back.

Backline with fairly big guys like Anderson, Pomeroy, Hannay and Covell with speed of Simmons and Albert, Simmons now bigger then before.

Look at where we are going. Back to Ando ball but this time with the personal to do it. I know a lot of people are going to hate it but watch Ricky work with Kimmorley to get the kicking game going again.

We are going to bash our way to a premiership.

zeppelin

Juniors
jc155776 said:
Well we are going to have at least 4 good props to help make the game plan easier.

Douglas, Stapleton, Ross and Villasanti.

Then we have Star Timani and Maybe Manua? And Sua in Premier League.

Williams, Gallen, Bird and Thomo in the backrow makes for a good forward back.

Backline with fairly big guys like Anderson, Pomeroy, Hannay and Covell with speed of Simmons and Albert, Simmons now bigger then before.

Look at where we are going. Back to Ando ball but this time with the personal to do it. I know a lot of people are going to hate it but watch Ricky work with Kimmorley to get the kicking game going again.

We are going to bash our way to a premiership.

God i hope you are right

Special K

Coach
SLE whats the latest on the coaching situation? I cannot handle this any more.... Its driving me crazy can we just f**k raper off?

The Popper

Bench
Wierd team, the PL this year. On their day they'd play like they could beat anyone. On their off day anyone could beat them. I'm sorry to see some go but not others.

I'm prepared to listen to SLE's thoughts. I don't know who he is but he brings good value and seemingly is nearly always right.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I agree reefy.

Whilst no fan of Dykes, 1000% of noddy effort does not make you win games.

We are in trouble unless there is a fuggen good (unknown) junior ready to rock the NRL we is f*ckkkkkkkkked next year.

Lets face it,
1. Our coach is crap, our best hope is a sacked coach (worked wonders last time:roll: )
2. We have 1 2nd tier rep player, our halfback is never to play reps again.
3. Our apparent saviour is reject Bronco who had more than ample chance to prove himself
4. Our forwards are small, but perhaps may rotated correctly - still we are stuggling there - fugg me our supports think Bird is some sort Tony Puletua waiting to happen.
5. We have no outside backs except the man you all hate - Albert
6. Our depth is very very very fuggen shallow.

I will continue to support, but geeeeeeeeeez, I am not hopeful for next year at all.

In the mean time I will watch all the ex sharks perform at a level they could not achieve under our management.

:( I miss ET