What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wedge: Worst show on TV right now

Dunno

Juniors
What the hell were channel 10 thinking when they commissioned this crap? The jokes are so lame and what's even worse is they repeat the same jokes over and over!:crazy: The Shane Warne-type character is mildly amusing i admit but its not worth sitting through 29 minutes of D-grade comedy for. Whats funny though is channel 10's promo says 'the comedy Australia has fallen in love with' :sarcasm::crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
WORST show on TV?

* Big Brother
* Fear Factor
* According To Jim

Just to name three which are worse...

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Eelementary said:
WORST show on TV?

* Big Brother
* Fear Factor
* According To Jim

big brother - hot chicks
fear factor - sometimes hot chicks

no argument with according to jim.

choc_soldier

Coach
Eelementary said:
WORST show on TV?

* Big Brother
* Fear Factor
* According To Jim

Scraping the bottom of the barrel there!

OK, According to Jim is worse than The Wedge. But The Wedge is just very unfunny.

I too laughed whe I was hearing the Channel 10 promos. I was thinking "surely they can't be serious?"

Dunno

Juniors
But there's nothing worse than sitting through a comedy that isn't funny. This show has nothing going for it, repetitive jokes, bad acting and that fat girl (don't know her name) is repulsive to look at :sick:

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Dunno said:
What the hell were channel 10 thinking when they commissioned this crap? The jokes are so lame and what's even worse is they repeat the same jokes over and over!:crazy: The Shane Warne-type character is mildly amusing i admit but its not worth sitting through 29 minutes of D-grade comedy for. Whats funny though is channel 10's promo says 'the comedy Australia has fallen in love with' :sarcasm::crazy:
So it's one to avoid then? :-k :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I would rather watch a crappy srcipted show that is trying to laugh than something like Big Brother or Fear Factory, whose concepts are just totally idiotic in my mind.

Actually, pretty much all US sitcoms suck.

Except classics like Seinfeld, Frasier, Becker...Though they're not even CLOSE to Fawlty Towers! THANKS GOD that's back on tv!

Eelementary said:
WORST show on TV?

* Big Brother
* Fear Factor
* According To Jim

Be serious, none of those are as bad as The Wedge. I would rather watch a Fear Factor marathon (a show I completely hate by the way) than see another episode of The Wedge. Mainstream Australian "comedy" is fairly pathetic.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I didnt watch it, but I expected that. Sketch comedy has been sh*tthouse since Fast Forward and Full Frontal were both on. They tried Comedy Inc, Skithouse, Big Bite they didnt work, they had that Ronnie Jones half hour or something, god that was awful, apart from the Chopper Read skit that was ok.

But that Thank God your here is pretty good.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
I would rather watch a crappy srcipted show that is trying to laugh than something like Big Brother or Fear Factory, whose concepts are just totally idiotic in my mind.
& outdated.....:D :lol: ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Citizen.Eras3d said:
Be serious, none of those are as bad as The Wedge. I would rather watch a Fear Factor marathon (a show I completely hate by the way) than see another episode of The Wedge. Mainstream Australian "comedy" is fairly pathetic.

Call me old fashioned, but to me, television is an escape of reality. Hence I, personally, detest the whole "reality tv" scene.

I would rather watch the entire season of The Wedge than watch Fear Factor or Big Brother.

choc_soldier

Coach
It's that whole "canned laughter" thing too.

A scene is clearly not funny, but there is laughter in the background.

I prefer watching shows that don't have one - let the audience decide when to laugh.

Jono Russell

Bench
I quite like it.

"Im going, Im going, im going, im gone"

Not better then Ronnie Johns but still a good laugh

Latest posts