What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Farva

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Sometimes when I look back at that period in Eel history I think that Brian Smith was really a misunderstood comedy genius. Picking Paul Carige ever single week was really just a form of comedic art... What else could it be?

Though, at other times I just look back and think that Brian Smith was a complete blithering idiot and that I'm glad he's gone.

Hmm, well you wont like Hagan then..........Picks the same fuc*ing team every week.

bear56

Juniors
He's not a Leaguie,but I would have to nominate Peter Hewat against the Crusaders.
1.Drops the ball whilst carrying it in the crook of his wrist with the line wide open.
2.Fluffs a conversion in front by not properly lining up the kick.
Crusaders 34 Waratahs 33.

bear56 said:
He's not a Leaguie,but I would have to nominate Peter Hewat against the Crusaders.
1.Drops the ball whilst carrying it in the crook of his wrist with the line wide open.
2.Fluffs a conversion in front by not properly lining up the kick.
Crusaders 34 Waratahs 33.
Bear56.... for actually watching a game of union.

mattyg

Bench
Gavin Badger...for missing Peterson's knock on right on the try line. Anyone within 10km of Telstra could see that was a blatant knock on besides Badger. :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Can a PL player get it?

The Raiders vs Knights PL game went down to the wire. Knights are up 26 -24 and just avoided defeat when the Raiders were disallowed a try due to a forward pass seconds from fulltime. Scrum packs down in the Knights 20, Knights win the scrum and all the Newcastle player has to do is take the tackle and they win. However the Knight in possesion decides "hey I've got a great idea, I'll chip and chase for myself and run 80m to score!". Chip kick goes straight to the Raiders fullback and gives them one last shot at the line. Fotunatly for this guy the Knights were able to stop the attack. Don't know the guys name but he played on the wing. If anything has reminded me of Paul Carige, that's as close as it's come.

What about JBC?

Cabra fullback, last seconds, scores level at 18 apiece, ball on his own 10, throws a long hero ball a metre in front of his centre, Windsor centre snaps it up, throws it to his winger who scores out wide as the hooter goes....

22 - 18 Windsor...

Frederick

Staff member
Walt Flanigan said:
Can a PL player get it?

The Raiders vs Knights PL game went down to the wire. Knights are up 26 -24 and just avoided defeat when the Raiders were disallowed a try due to a forward pass seconds from fulltime. Scrum packs down in the Knights 20, Knights win the scrum and all the Newcastle player has to do is take the tackle and they win. However the Knight in possesion decides "hey I've got a great idea, I'll chip and chase for myself and run 80m to score!". Chip kick goes straight to the Raiders fullback and gives them one last shot at the line. Fotunatly for this guy the Knights were able to stop the attack. Don't know the guys name but he played on the wing. If anything has reminded me of Paul Carige, that's as close as it's come.
Akuila Uate. Absolute gun winger who will be in First Grade this year. That chip 'n chase is very uncharacteristic of him, and was a brainsnap of the highest order.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Bumble said:
Paul Mellor being responsible for BOTH first half dog tries.
Word. That first try was a shocker. We need a new winger.
H. El Masri, how's that contract with the Dogs going?

innsaneink

Referee
Bumble said:
Paul Mellor being responsible for BOTH first half dog tries.

Mate, he got a shocker of a bounce the first try, and was clearly injured for the 2nd one, wnet off straight after I think...expensive way to save an i'change

Dutchy

Immortal
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
What about JBC?

Cabra fullback, last seconds, scores level at 18 apiece, ball on his own 10, throws a long hero ball a metre in front of his centre, Windsor centre snaps it up, throws it to his winger who scores out wide as the hooter goes....

22 - 18 Windsor...

sounds like Brett Hodgson in Origin

Latest posts