What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Willie Mason Superthread

Frederick

Staff member
With the funds that we'll have freed up from Wicks' eventual release, do you think we should take a stab at luring Big Willie back home?

Matt23

Staff member
No thanks, that would be an even worse option then bringing that merkin Newton back.

Frederick

Staff member
Replacing one dumbass f***wit with another? No thanks.
What exactly has Willie done that's as bad as this? Plus given the fact that, when fit and firing, he is the most damaging forward in the game, bar none, I'd be willing to look past whatever minor indiscretion he's had against him. I'm even struggling to think of what that might be, anyway. There was the salary cap scandal...not his problem. The rape case...not proven. He may have urinated in public...who hasn't? He certainly hasn't been part of a 5 month sting operation, at the conclusion of which he was arrested and charged with supplying illicit drugs.

perverse

Referee
i'd have no problems with getting big willie back.

the bloke is a clown, but he's not a criminal.

adamkungl

Immortal
He's not a criminal but i've heard there's good reason why we can't wait to be rid of him.

Jono078

Referee
Would be unreal if he came here.

I'll tell ya now, he'll bring in the crowds. We need that kind of player.

Personally I was thinking Johnathan Thurston though :p

mozza91

Coach
For the right money yes, if he's over his knee problem and we got him cheap he'd be without doubt best buy of the year.

Serc

First Grade
As I said in another thread yesterday, Wicks signed for a lot less money a few months ago, so this won't be freeing up too much $$$ i'm afraid :(

Serc

First Grade
Yeah something like that...I can't see $170k being able to afford Mason though, do you?

I also loosely agree with the people who wouldn't mind him so much, I think he is mostly just a silly clown too but am very cautious about having *any* risks associated with the club.

Jono078

Referee
170k probably wouldn't bring Mason here.

But if those who are involved with Wicks are found out I daresay we'll have a bit to spend.

Very unfortunate all this sh*t.

Frederick

Staff member
If Willie want to stay in the NRL then he's going to have to take a significant pay cut anyway. Otherwise it's ESL for him. There's no way we'll be able to get Thurston with Wick's contract money. I think we'd be silly to not even make Willie an offer

Hanscholo

Bench
With the funds that we'll have freed up from Wicks' eventual release, do you think we should take a stab at luring Big Willie back home?

I'd prefer to see the knights put the money in a barrell and shoot it into the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosh

Coach
Willie could very be a very rewarding gamble. I mean the 170k or whatever can sit around doing nothing this year or we could take a huge gamble and go for Willie who probably is gonna have one of those years where it'll make or break him. We need him to step up Origin style as well...

Burwood

Bench
I'd be putting Wick's money towards front-loading some of the contracts of our current players. Give players like Kidley, Mullen and Houston an extra $50,000 each in 2010, take that money out of their 2011 contracts, offload one or two mid-level players after next year, and all of a sudden you have a lot of money to play with in 2011.

Realistically, what sort of quality player can you expect to sign in 2010 with the value of Wick's contract alone? No one.

Latest posts