What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Willie Mason Superthread

Rusty

Juniors
I don't think Newcastle is in a position to be hosting deadbeats at the club anymore. Enough is enough already. Why do we continually need to buy left over's from other clubs particularly those with issues and bad reps? I don't care how good Willie Mason is on his day, he has always been presumptuous and thought himself bigger than his team and the game- not to mention he's bad attitude. The money would better spent on a younger player with a great attitude who has a willingness to put his all in every single game and be part of the team. That's what we as fans deserve. Not a drongo who will take his position in the team for granted...

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mason has said plenty of times that he doesnt want to play in the front row and aside from halfback, that is the position we need more depth in.

Id have him here for the right price but I just cant see it happening though

macavity

Referee
Mason has said plenty of times that he doesnt want to play in the front row and aside from halfback, that is the position we need more depth in.

he would be fantastic off the bench, and fantastic for the club.

rusty - those talented youngsters with great attitudes and no contracts are a dime a dozen............ :sarcasm:

aqua_duck

Coach

Our front row depth is under rated

Cross
Tolar
Taufua
Faas
Tuimavave
Simpson
Houston
Tovo

all have played front row in 1st grade. Mason could rotate with Simmo and Houston

Jono078

Referee
Disagree with that, mostly about Simpson.

Some of his best games the past 2 seasons have been playing at front row.

There was one last year against the Warriors where he tore up and id say that game alone got him the origin spot.

Rusty

Juniors
he would be fantastic off the bench, and fantastic for the club.

rusty - those talented youngsters with great attitudes and no contracts are a dime a dozen............ :sarcasm:

So therefore, Mason is the obvious way to go :sarcasm:

Ok let me try again... a proffessional rugby league player that is reliable, talented and who will not have an unhealthy influence on the rest of the team. LOL @ fantastic for the club...

macavity

Referee
So therefore, Mason is the obvious way to go :sarcasm:

Ok let me try again... a proffessional rugby league player that is reliable, talented and who will not have an unhealthy influence on the rest of the team. LOL @ fantastic for the club...

I knew the guy in my teens - he is not a bad bloke at all, and not a bad influence. He likes to have fun, but there is not a malicious bone in his body.

He would come here with a massive point to prove - and at his best is still one of the best forwards in the game. I think we would get the best out of him.

perverse

Referee
why do people make assumptions on mason's persona regarding him being a bad influence on a club? aside from getting caught up in the coffs harbour fiasco - in which no-one was found guilty of breaking the law, i might add - what has he really done aside from piss in public and just make a general clown of himself?

he seems like a typical aussie larrakin to me, and nothing more, and always has. hardly a harmful influence on any team... in fact it's characters like that that can make a team. he's a bit of a boof head, but a likeable bloke in my book. i think the fact that he speaks his mind (what little of it there is) in the media is refreshing.

Jono078

Referee
I think he adds more to our club than just his presence on game day.

He will bring in those few extra people through the gates.

It's pretty obvious just by this thread alone people (some) would love to see him here

Pika

Bench
why do people make assumptions on mason's persona regarding him being a bad influence on a club? aside from getting caught up in the coffs harbour fiasco - in which no-one was found guilty of breaking the law, i might add - what has he really done aside from piss in public and just make a general clown of himself?

he seems like a typical aussie larrakin to me, and nothing more, and always has. hardly a harmful influence on any team... in fact it's characters like that that can make a team. he's a bit of a boof head, but a likeable bloke in my book. i think the fact that he speaks his mind (what little of it there is) in the media is refreshing.

About sums it up for me as well.

Not sold on whether he still has it though.....

Mase would be worth the punt for the right money. He would save a fortune by living in Newy instead of Cronulla anyway. I believe Mason's huge contract money is the only reason the Roosters don't want him. Smithy wants the 450 K to buy project players. The whole behavior thing is complete bulls### cos he was like that well before he joined the roosters. His behavior is at times simply juvenile. He isn't a bad person at all if you ask me. I have always liked the personality he brings to the game, much like Dell's. Both men are great match day promoters. Mase would generate huge interest in this club and bring the curious back to EAS.

roopy

Referee
I heard it through the grapevine.... ;)
Willie Mason to the Knights on a 2 year deal.
I heard it today from someone who knows the Mason family, but more as 'could well happen' than 'will happen'. In other words - she wouldn't commit to it being definate.

bluesbreaker

Bench
If you talkin about Thelma you should've got in her ear to sign up to strengthen the forward stocks. Most ferocious member of the family by far.