What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wire

PJ

First Grade
Season 5 had some good moments.

Loved mcnulty's face during the fbi's profile of thecserial killer ahd telling Keema they are pretty close.

Not a fan of how the reporter story arc finished but have a feeling that one was based on some truth

Xfactor1979

Bench
Season 5 had some good moments.

Loved mcnulty's face during the fbi's profile of thecserial killer ahd telling Keema they are pretty close.

Not a fan of how the reporter story arc finished but have a feeling that one was based on some truth

Its interesting to see the actor that plays Gale Betticker - the eccentric chemist from BREAKING BAD on The Wire as one of the reporters on season 5:)

Cliffhanger

Coach
Agree. I thought 1 was one of the best seasons. 2 is ok, I just didn't find the marine storyline as interesting as the urban.

Completely agree, season 1 was on of the best and 2 was still good but the marine story line just wasn't as interesting.

Give it time, the first season takes about 3 or 4 episodes to really get going, but after that its dynamite. Same with the second.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I convinced my brother to watch the Wire and he's really enjoying.

It also gives me an excuse to rewatch it.

Fire

First Grade
:thumb
I convinced my brother to watch the Wire and he's really enjoying.

It also gives me an excuse to rewatch it.

:thumb Good stuff mate. It's such a complex and intelligent show that'll you'll pick things up you missed and like it even more the second time around.

Fire

First Grade
Even if it seems like a struggle, keep going. It's a slow burner.

Very true Elyod138, stick with it, maybe even watch it with the sub-titles on. Also, pause it even if you're leaving the room for 10 seconds, you cannot miss a second as crucial stuff is happening all the time.

If you get stuck with anything, come back here and ask questions as I love talking about this show and would be happy to help.

to_ddeath

Coach
Up to episode 4 of season 4, started watching the whole thing from the get go late last year.
Am totally addicted now. As for characters, never liked Stringer that much, favourites
are Omar, Lester, Bunk & Mc Nutty. Clay Davis cracks me up.
Rawles is a f*cking asshole beyond words, would be my most hated in the whole damn thing...
Enjoying the shit out of it.

T.

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach
Clay Davis is amusing as hell.

One thing which makes the wire so amazing, is how they get you to go from hating a character to loving them. I hated Avon at first, but after a few eps you start to emphasise with him and like him, same with Bodie.

You fall in love with McNulty straight away.

Parra

Referee
McNulty lost me in S5. I'm with bunk.

Despite all the deaths, the closing scene with dookie was the biggest gut wrencher. Here comes the next bubbles.

How long before the kids start whispering "Michael be coming'"?

Yeah. I waited a while to watch the wire. Well worth it. Great to watch episodes back-to-back.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Just finished all 5 season. I usually buy a box set and watch an episode or 2 every night and it takes me months to get through but I got through all 5 seasons in a fortnight and was watching 5 or 6 episodes back to back.

I used to think the sopranos was the best show ever made, but it seemed to drag on a bit and have huge blocks of boring parts, like any scene with carmela or the kids. Who cares if aj is depressed or meadow is having trouble with her boyfriend, the scenes with the actual mobsters were what everyone was watching for. The wire has no wasted scenes, it's close to perfection

PJ

First Grade
That bit is season 2 where mcnulty was f$&king about with his bosses over where the body went into the water was one of my favourite bits of any series.

Goddam McNulty.