What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst fads in the game?

Phillips

Referee
redVgirl said:
yeh i liked them!! the clever ones anyway. best one was when piggy jumped over the fence and clapped himself...GOLD.

loved Kevin McGuinness' corner post celebration, used it as a Didgeridoo

Mr Saab

Referee
Channel 10 state bank big game...where they used to put up the players age, and job after they scored a try.
Players having a job = fad

wittyfan

Referee
Post try celebrations started off well with Mundine and Blacklock, but became a big wank very quickly.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
voluntary tackles are an unfortunate fad to ahve crept back in and teams are rewarded for them as you canmt pcik them up or do anything to the player on the ground

MKEB...

Staff member
The raiders coach using boards with numbers in 1988 in first game of season against St george to tell the players what moves to use...

Kicking footballs into the crowd before a game.

sunny

that thing with the boards telling the players which play to use was actually in 1990 if i recall correctly, and was quickly banned by john quayle and companay

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
last year it was Hyundai from memory, same in '04. It's stupid.

Hasn't been fully painted since I think 1999 Storm Dragons, if that.

2003 had one in-goal painted black with "PANTHERS" and the other painted red with "ROOSTERS".

Either that, or I was more pissed than I thought.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I thought there might have been once since... good memory mate.

Imagine a navy blue in goal "Telstra Premiership 2006"... and how dirty the jerseys would get :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Amos Roberts at halfback.

Not surprisingly, we lost. Perhaps the worst brain freeze in John Lang's time at Penrith.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
parra_panther said:
Amos Roberts at halfback.

Not surprisingly, we lost. Perhaps the worst brain freeze in John Lang's time at Penrith.

You beat the Eels with Roberts at halfback.. not sure if that's a fad but anyway..

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
BD5733 said:
The "Try/NoTry" boards that were used in the first few seasons when we had the video ref.

Where they from Hardware House?

They only recently removed the one from Ericsson!

Inferno

Coach
not quite a fad, but no longer with us none the less.

Players names on the back of their jerseys. I liked it.

Fuggen collarless jerseys seems to be a fad these days as well.

Latest posts