What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst fads in the game?

sunny

was that the place in brisbane, gregstar, where o'neill pissed on that croupier's leg or was that jupiter's on the gold coast?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Those i'change boards were scrapped for a standardised... wait for it... laminated cardboard system.

sunny

"wedges" were a fad in the early 80s, i think these may be similar to the "walls" someone referred to earlier.

Timmah

Staff member
Agreed. Part of the pansy game of Union, doesn't have a place in our great game IMO.

BD5733

Juniors
The "Try/NoTry" boards that were used in the first few seasons when we had the video ref.

Where they from Hardware House?

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

They still used the one at Penrith until 2004 didn't they? I personally think it should be made a light, or only half the scoreboard or something - taking up the big screen which IMO should be used for reactions/replays and such is annoying and stoopid.

sunny

they weren't from hardware house, i assume hardware house was the sponsor.

s qld crushers were an interesting fad

6togo

Juniors
aids said:
Adam Ritson's memory
Adam Ritson's memory.

Saw him at SOO III, he was working in the Road Train. He's still a big boy and his memory seems to have come back to normal from the way he was conversing with everybody and remembering the different bits n pieces from the various displays

6togo

Juniors
Timmah said:
They should also bring back the fully painted in goal area on GF day.

They still do don't they??

Say if its St George vs Melbourne one end says "Storm" and the other says "Dragons".

Timmah

Staff member
last year it was Hyundai from memory, same in '04. It's stupid.

Hasn't been fully painted since I think 1999 Storm Dragons, if that.

sunny

one of the worst super league fads was when players were allowed to pick their own number

Hurriflatch

Referee
Went to Melbourne for the Eels game in 2004 and they actually flashed the rules up on the screen

for example when there was a knock on the words "Knock On" flashed up on the big screen

Misty Bee

First Grade
Winning a meapro ham and Patra orange juice. The magic sponge. One sponge and a bucket of water for the 3 grades.

The Christmas Hold.

redVgirl

Juniors
hahaha i forgot about that!! oh god that was awful. anything involving superleague was a tragic fad really.

redVgirl

Juniors
yeh i liked them!! the clever ones anyway. best one was when piggy jumped over the fence and clapped himself...GOLD.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Donating your man of the match award. Was more common when the players were on less money for some reason.

I saw i think Gaz and Mason do it this year and thought it was coming back in... but it would appear not....

Latest posts